4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice
Published on January 21, 2010 by Kevin Wilbourn

3.0 out of 5 stars Noticing some deflection.
I am not hanging heavy items at all, and have noticed a deflection in the panel. I am hanging a small shelf from the bottom of the board, with some screw jars. I would say a total of about 5 pounds at most.

Published on June 12, 2011 by M R

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice, January 21, 2010
This review is from: Wall Control 30-P-3232GV Galvanized Steel Pegboard Pack (Tools & Home Improvement)
Got these in today - so much better than the fiber pegboard they are replacing. I like the stand offs built in, mounting is super simple, as long as your walls are 16" on center...I could see problems if you are putting them in a utility building or older construction with a wider spacing. Then again, they do include drywall anchors if you can't manage to find a stud with every screw, but definitely try for stud mounting. Extremely heavy duty panels, I mounted a sledgehammer and several other tools, and had no noticible deflection. For the improvement in looks and function, worth the $ versus the cheap fiber panels.

4.0 out of 5 stars As advertised, August 31, 2011
I am a 64 year old professional who works behind a desk but have 40+ years of experience with hand and power tools. Purchased three panels, installed them and now use them in my garage. Positives include attractive and clean look and durability. Negatives have already been reviewed, including, "loose fit" of regular sized hangers that are commonly used in fiberboard pegboards. I replaced my fiberboard panels that were unattractive, warping and poorly installed by the previous owner. The hangers were loose on that board AND on the board I have at our other house, so "loose fit" is not limited to the Wall Control Galvanized Steel set. Solution: tape two to three turns of electrical or duct tape to the lower stub to create more friction that, at least in the short term, prevents inadvertent removal of the hanger when removing the tool. Be careful however: When installing the panels, use a stud finder and then carefully align the edge of the panel to the midpoint of the stud so you may compensate for any variation in the vertical alignment of the studs. Yes, my garage has 16 inch on center vertical studs but they are NOT exact. I managed to do it right the first time but give yourself some room. When I drive into my garage, it is a pleasant sight for me to see the clean and reflective glare of the panels and tools. Yeah I know, I am a neatness freak.

I purchased a set of the Wall Control specific hangers and my review is posted there.

5.0 out of 5 stars Like it so far, December 28, 2012
Original review from Dec 2012.
I just installed these. They look good. Feel sturdy, and feels like they should last.

It took me about 45 minutes to install one set (two panels). I would say it's a reasonably easy installation. The video shows what the end product looks like right after installation, without any tools.

I also bought 1/4" peg board hooks from another store (starts with W), which are pretty good (an assorted pack of 20 for under 5). I'll keep looking to add more hooks, though the ones available on Amazon seem too expensive.

I've withheld one star because I haven't had this for any length of time. If it holds up well with time, I'll come back and give it all 5 stars.

Update Sep 2014.
I haven't put this thing to any heavy use (the heaviest thing I hang on it is probably a 5 pound hammer), but there's plenty of things hanging on it always. It has held up pretty good (can't tell much difference from the day I installed it) and I am changing it from 4 stars to 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, February 9, 2013
When it came time to renovate the Man Cave I was looking at going in a different direction. First on my list was replacing my wall of ancient and frayed fiberboard. Even though they are beautiful (In a man kind of way) and functional, I've never been a big fan of those cadillac sized tool chests. That said, I looked at several alternatives before I came back to this Wall Control product. Durability and easy access to my tools were the big selling points for me. Finding them on Amazon under 35 bucks and getting two day free delivery sealed the deal.

Measuring in at a bit smaller 32" x 16" then my older wall panels, I had to pick up six of these two pack kits to accommodate my growing collection of tools. Even though its pricier, these 20 gauge galvanized steel panels are built to last. I like the fact that the manufacturer put some serious thought in the flange depth. Unlike the cheap knockoffs out there, these panels with its 3/4" depth can easily accommodate various 1/4" peg hardware. Each panel has six mounting slots.

With no framing to worry about, these pegboards can either be mounted into studs or sheet rock. The included mounting screws are no light weights. I wouldn't put too much trust in the low grade plastic anchors that were part of the package. With studs hit and miss, I ditched the plastic anchors for my old reliable metal anchors. The manufacturer slaps on a one year limited warranty on this product. These wall panels are also made in the USA.

From sledge hammers to plumbers wrenches, my wall of tools has held up well. After almost nine months, there's been absolutely no warping or deflection. As I mentioned earlier, durability and having easy access to my tools are the big factors for me. The folks at Wall Control definitely put out a quality product that's built to last. I can easily recommend this pegboard system.

3.0 out of 5 stars Noticing some deflection., June 12, 2011

I bought this item because I liked the look of it. I am happy with it for sure. I like the spaced back, and how easy it was to mount. I hung mine laterally to fit the space between some shelves and my workbench, so maybe this is the reason. The steel is a decent gauge, but I can't see how it is sturdier than fiber pegboard? I made a pegboard portable cart out of fiber pegboard, and it can support my 30 amp sawzall, radial saw, jigsaw, and hammers galore without any visible deflection. On top of that, the supports are 30" apart on the cart.

This steel pegboard, mounted on 16" centers, is just ok. I like it, and use it to put up some magnetic holders for small parts I am working with. I would not advise hanging these sideways even though they seem to be set up for that (16" screw holes on all sides), but then again, I also do not know how they function vertically. This was just my experience with them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product. It was very easy to install, October 27, 2014
Jeremy R-J (Albany, NY United States) - See all my reviews
Great product. It was very easy to install. We purchased this to use as a pot rack for our kitchen. It turned empty wall space into useful storage space, freeing up some cabinets and eliminating clutter. One set (2 panels) was just enough for all of our pots and pans.

5.0 out of 5 stars Organization, December 31, 2010
I installed six of these in my garage. Installation was a breeze following provided instructions. Find a stud for the first panel,mount and level it. I found that striking a plum line either top or bottom for the other panels got me perfect alignment.

Overall, great product, allows mounting directly to whatever surface in this case drywall. No furring strips, painting etc.and should the need arise, panels could easily be moved elsewhere. I did notice that the regular pegboard hooks are somewhat looser in the metal panel and with anything over 6" long I had to bend them to compensate for sag. I suppose one can buy their hooks but I have so many of the standard type and made them usable.

5.0 out of 5 stars office and bathroom organizers, June 11, 2011
This was the second set of galvanized steel pegboard that I purchased from Amazon. The first set is hung on either side of my computer desk - I used a variety of hanging shelves and magnetic containers (all from IKEA) for a fun and functional storage look. The second set went in my tiny hall bathroom. I used more hanging shelves from IKEA, along with some vinyl coated wire baskets and pegs purchased at Home Depot. I have plenty of space for all of my teenage son's needs - including a hanging laundry bag so that the floor remains uncluttered, long pegs that hold toilet paper and a hand towel, magnetic containers to hold cotton swabs, dental floss and nail clippers, and shelves for everything else. If I had the wall space I'd use these pegboards in my craft room too.

3.0 out of 5 stars A fundamental design flaw despite good quality, December 28, 2013
I'm surprised not to see many other reviews pointing out the glaringly obvious design flaw with this pegboard.

"Normal" pegboard has an inherent thickness to it (generally 1/4"). This system is has much less thickness, probably closer to 1/32". So using hooks & accessories made for old fashioned pegboard systems that were built for that 1/4" thickness leaves you with accessories that tend to lean forward as they hold an item.

The quality of this item is great and I hold nothing against Wall Control in this case. Just beware of this issue and look for hooks & accessories that might be made specifically for this thickness of pegboard.

5.0 out of 5 stars Troy, October 4, 2010
After searching the internet for the best possible value I purchased the product from AMAZON (wall control). The package arrived right on time with no damage, installation was a breeze, the only thing i had wished was the color wallcontrol peg board was the same price but i will live with the silver. This is by far the best project for my little work area, now i can see almost all my hand tools. I would purchase more when i need it from AMAZON.

Wall Control 30-P-3232GV Galvanized Steel Pegboard Pack