Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it DJ Shadow Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 42 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 18, 2008 1:51:22 PM PST
Kara P. says:
I purchased my 3 disk special edition Wall-E this morning at Walmart. It had no code for my digital copy. I went back to the store and they opened 2 additional copies which also did not have the code! Is anyone else having this problem? I called Disney and they had me mail my receipt and proof of purchase but I won't get a code for another 7-10 business days after they receive my info. I am pretty steamed about this considering I spent and extra $15 for a digital copy and can't get it yet.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2008 5:14:27 PM PST
A. Thomas says:
We're experiencing the same issue. Bought Wall-E at the local Walmart and the only insert in the package was for Disney Movie Rewards. We tried the number on that insert, but of course it did not work. I find it hard to believe that ALL Walmart's are having this issue. As former Pixar shareholders, we'd hate to see poor customer service / package deployment tarnish Pixar's good name.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2008 5:35:55 PM PST
S. Satam says:
Hi, Got it today, bought from Amazon, had the digital copy code inside the case.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2008 5:43:52 PM PST
L. Neal says:
I had the same problem, you need to call the support number and they had a pre-recorded message to email them, the number is 1-800-723-4763

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2008 7:07:44 PM PST
You would think that since Disney is admitting fault on this; that THEY would jump through hoops to rectify the problem and not make their customers jump through hoops. It's despicable.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2008 8:00:25 PM PST
P. Florendo says:
Also bought mine at Wal-Mart. There was no code. I went back and exchanged the package, and the new one also did not have the insert. I'll be pretty mad if Disney makes me mail everything to them just for the code.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2008 8:11:07 PM PST
I bought one at Walmart also and it didn't have the code for my digital copy too.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2008 8:27:24 PM PST
P. Florendo says:
L. Neal is correct. Call that number and there is an automated voice that describes the Wall-E issue. E-mail them at the address it gives, which if I'm hearing right is contactus@disneystudiohelp.com.

E-mail your name, address, and daytime phone number.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2008 8:46:14 PM PST
Since this problem seems to be coming from Wal-Mart, you'd think they could ship out the codes to wal-mart and if you go in with your receipt they can mark it off on the receipt and give you your code. It beats waiting around for two weeks to and having to leg around.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2008 9:12:11 PM PST
kem says:
The problem is with amazon too. I just received my copy in the mail today and it did not have a code.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2008 5:08:19 AM PST
I have the code in my 3 disk set... but I don't have Disk 2. I have Disk 3 (the "digital" copy) and 2 Disk 1s.. but no disk 2. :(

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2008 12:48:14 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 19, 2008 12:48:56 PM PST
Kara P. says:
Yes, the email is contactus@disneystudiohelp.com. They sent me a form to fill out and send back. I had to put my name, address, phone #, product title, and UPC number. I scanned and emailed my filled out form, POP, and receipt yesterday around 3 pm and they just emailed me my code today around 2. Still a minor inconvenience but I am happy to have my digital copy now!!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2008 8:24:53 PM PST
blueshore says:
Did anyone had problems playing the main movie? I tried to play it on a Samsung and a Panasonic DVD player, as well on a Toshiba Satellite and a Mac Mini, but it got stuck at the beginning. I was able to play it on a MacBook, but the movie was a bit choppy (then first 15 minutes had some brief skips). I returned to the store and after a brief conversation I got a refund (guess which store? WalMart [Carolina, PR]). And yes, the code was also missing.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2008 7:06:00 AM PST
Kara P. says:
My disk also has some issues playing. It skips. My DVD player has had some issues in the past playing other movies but it usually doesn't have any problems until about halfway through the movie. Wall-e skips almost immediately. The 1st disk I had (before I took it back to exchange it for a new one) was really scratched on the top and even had smudges! So odd. The packaging is horrible! The left side will not hold the disk in. I'm pretty dissapointed.....we love Wall-e and we're so sad the DVD has been such a let down. :(

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2008 4:24:01 PM PST
Andrew S. says:
I had the same problem with the missing digital copy code. Reading all of the trouble everyone had to go through to fix this, I tried something else: I emailed the itunes support address that's listed on the page where you put in your code. I got a reply in less than 24 hours with a new code and instructions on how to use it. No problems whatsoever. Apple rocks.
Of course this only applies to people importing this into iTunes.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2008 6:05:37 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 20, 2008 6:08:59 PM PST
Kami Amaya says:
I'm sorry, you spent an extra $15 for a digital copy?! Amazon has both the 2 disc and 3 disc for both the same price, why did you just pick it up here? Even online at walmart the 3 disc isn't even a dollar more o_O
Unless you're talking about the DVD version... but I'm reading this thread from the 3 disc BD version forum...

But I ordered from amazon and had no problem with the digital copy code. I hope you get it straightened out...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2008 7:39:44 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 21, 2008 7:40:25 PM PST
Kara P. says:
At my local Walmart I paid $29.99 for my 3 disk special edition copy. The 2 disk cost $15.99 at Walmart. (DVD not Bluray) Walmart.com charges less than the stores.
If I would have ordered it here I would have had to pay shipping (since super saver shipping isn't until you spend $25.) and I would have had to wait till it shipped to me. So pay the same price, get it earlier....made sense to me.
So I paid an $15 more than what the 2 disk would have cost me so I could have the digital copy that was in the 3 disk version....
I got my code and all is well though....
To Andrew Springer: I never thought to email iTunes. Disney did get back to me in less than 24 hours. So it all worked out....anyway, I hope everyone with problems gets them all resolved!! :)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 22, 2008 12:49:54 PM PST
Yodathedog says:
I've been through 3 copies bought at Target so far and all 3 have had the same problem with skipping/freezing. I even made one exchange at a different store thinking they just got a bad batch. At least now I know I'm not alone and it's not the fault of my players.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2008 4:16:15 PM PST
Chris W. says:
I have the same problem. I ordered the 3 Disc set from Amazon.com and just opened it to find that Disc 2 is missing, but I have two copies of Disc 1! Luckily it came with all the inserts, although they're printed on plain paper rather than the glossy stock I've been used to with all my other Disney Blu-rays. Something definitely went wrong at packaging.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2008 10:25:40 PM PST
It has been brought to our attention recently that some of the Wall-E DVDs were shipped without their DigitalFile activation codes. If you ordered your product from Amazon.com, you should not have this problem. However, if you got your copy from another retailer and are missing your DisneyFile Digital Activation Code, please e-mail your complete name, address, and daytime phone number to Contactus@DisneyStudioHelp.com to retrieve your code.

Thanks,
Amazon.com Movies & TV Team

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2008 9:34:14 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 30, 2008 9:36:48 PM PST
Z. Milne says:
I'm on my 2nd copy (from Amazon) of the 3-disc special edition (standard DVD format) now and still have not seen the actual movie. Everything else works fine, but the main feature freezes up constantly and is unplayable. I tried it in different machines, same results. There is definately an issue somewhere. And now I'll be doing yet another return tomorrow.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2008 10:56:25 AM PST
I bought Wall-E from Walmart and had the same problem, no code. I called 1-800-723-4763 and worked through the menu to actually talk to someone. They gave me the code right away, no questions asked.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2008 1:53:20 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 4, 2008 5:57:15 PM PST
blueshore says:
I went yesterday to Borders to get the 3 disc set. They did not have on stock at that store, so I get the single disc version. That one worked without skipping or any other problem. I notice that the disc was more opaque than the one on the 3 disc set, which makes me think that there could be a manufacturing defect (not to mention the packaging "defect"). I might miss the extra features on the second disc, which are quite nice (specially the Pixar story), but did not deserve to buy another copy just for toss the first disc away.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2008 12:50:13 AM PST
BIS says:
Get this:
Not only did the same thing happen to me at Walmart, but I also bought the biggest most expensive "Ultimate Wall-E" toy from the Disney store and it came with a missing part that is essential for use of the MP3 playback feature!

Nobody is getting back and their website nor my receipt list much more than an email form for customer service... ARE they serious???

Walt Disney just lost my business.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2008 6:05:29 PM PST
blueshore says:
If you paid with a credit card, try to contact the Disney Store by phone. Check their refund/exchange policy, and if they still refuse, call your credit card issuer. Usually they arbitrate on your behalf, and are able to give you a credit. Query on Google under "credit card rights". Good Luck.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  30
Total posts:  42
Initial post:  Nov 18, 2008
Latest post:  Jun 27, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 7 customers

Search Customer Discussions