5.0 out of 5 stars OMG, Some of you have got to be kidding
OK, OK, we too were surprised when we got it out of the library that it was Wallace and Gromit hosting a show about inventors and their inventions, and not a series of Wallace and Gromit shorts with all their crazy inventions.

Published on August 8, 2012 by D. J. Cherelin

3.0 out of 5 stars Wallace & Gromit are back....well, sort of....
I anticipated that this release would be just what it is: a variety type show with wrap-arounds starring W&G. Fun stuff to be sure, but make no mistake: this is NOT a new set of adventures with our pals.

While it's great to have them back, it is a far cry from previous releases.

By all means; if you are a huge fan (as we are) pick this up and...
Published on March 18, 2012 by Carmen

5.0 out of 5 stars OMG, Some of you have got to be kidding, August 8, 2012
This review is from: Wallace & Gromit: A World of Invention (DVD)

Well the fact is it is so amazing, we are buying it for gifts for young and old alike. You will be stunned by the REAL inventions out there, and the stories behind them. If you have a curious mind, or you want to inspire curiosity in a young one, then this is a movie for you.

And as a reminder it just has short cute vignettes of Wallace and Gromit, but the real stars are the REAL inventions.

3.0 out of 5 stars Wallace & Gromit are back....well, sort of...., March 18, 2012
This review is from: Wallace & Gromit: A World of Invention (DVD)

While it's great to have them back, it is a far cry from previous releases.

By all means; if you are a huge fan (as we are) pick this up and enjoy - and maybe even learn something. Just don't bring any expectations from previous adventures.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good - but pay attention to what you're actually buying!, April 12, 2012
I recently received this and watched it with my 7 & 10 year old sons. This is a series of National-Geographic-flavored-but-cool-enough-to-compete-on-Saturday-morning shows (Children of the 70s, think Big Blue Marble). Segments are introduced by our friends from Wallaby Way, but the core of the show is real-life footage of inventors, hobbyists, and tinkerers showing off their cool gadgets. They have a segment on Theo Jansen, the guy who makes those amazing wind-driven walking 'animals' that stalk beaches. Cool stuff. The level of the engineering is ~2-3rd grade. My 10 year old thought the inventions were cool, but he definitely could have handled more detail. The 7 year old liked it after his initial disappointment that it wasn't a 'real' Wallace and Grommet show. Overall, absolutely worth a look, but make sure you're aware what you're buying!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating, August 29, 2012
My 7 year old son was mesmerized by this DVD. He couldn't wait to show me the walking creatures made out of PVC piping. It was amazing. I love that it's showing homegrown inventors from around the world. It's so great for the kids to have exposure to lives and inspiring ideas put into action from beyond our borders. In fact my son just said, "Watching this makes me want to go into the garage and invent something". Also, needless to say, the various W&G vignettes, including the elephant-gas-run contraption, kept him chuckling.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun, May 25, 2012
M. Valine (Duluth, MN USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wallace & Gromit: A World of Invention (DVD)
I really liked this DVD! It has helped get my 9 yr old son into science and that is fantastic! I also enjoyed them myself.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected..., April 8, 2012
This review is from: Wallace & Gromit: A World of Invention (DVD)
I think I should have looked in to this DVD more. It is a show and tell the commentary by Wallace and Gromit. While others do the Show. Very disappointed, I had expected Wallace and Gromit to to all. I am a fan!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not exactly what I expected.., April 26, 2012
I wish that I would have researched this product before pre-ordering but the Wallace and Gromit name made me think that I was getting that! It's not that they aren't in the video but this is really a kids educational series with some W&G interstitials. Very disappointing to me and I would imagine that the replay value wouldn't even be that great for almost any kid!

There was little here for me and nothing for my 16 year old son.

5.0 out of 5 stars World of invention, April 26, 2012
This review is from: Wallace & Gromit: A World of Invention (DVD)
This is a great tool for older children to get them thinking. The possibilities of putting thought into action. Pretty cool inventions are shown. If you thought it was an animated show you will be in for a let down. There are between inventions small bits of Wallace and Gromit.

3.0 out of 5 stars Its Wallace & Gromit, but not so much, March 1, 2013
This review is from: Wallace & Gromit: A World of Invention (DVD)
I enjoy Wallace & Gromit, but this DVD is so little about Wallace & Gromit, that to be called theirs, its almost misleading. Not worth the money, find it to rent somewhere.

3.0 out of 5 stars This is not a movie but rather a collection, April 1, 2013
Dixie Deb (Western North Carolina) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wallace & Gromit: A World of Invention (DVD)
Apparently I did not read the description at all. This is not a movie of my little goof-balls, but rather a collection of perhaps TV series. I am not sure. Inventive as always, but I should have read more before purchasing the product. Hope the grandkids will like it anyway.

Wallace & Gromit: A World of Invention
Wallace & Gromit: A World of Invention by Wallace & Gromit (DVD - 2012)
$9.98 $6.64