Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

Format: DVD|Change

on April 22, 2011
I can't get enough of this Wallander series. Love everthing about it. The actors are "real" and the locations are breath-taking. I much prefer the Swedish version to the British one, although I also watch Branaugh as well. I just wish the Swedish versions would come out in region I format quicker. I know some cast members will change in future editions, but Krister Henriksson is the absolute best Wallander ever! I look forward to more of him.
on April 7, 2011
The Wallander series, starring Krister Henriksen, is simply first - rate. Though not taken directly from any of Menkel's novels, each episode is well written and directed and superbly acted. This is television as it should be.
on April 14, 2011
everything is perfect, the plots, casting, scenery, music and photography- a feast for a real film lover of mysteries and film noir. Each segment is different and often echoes real life of the cast... for example of Joanna's battle with depression. I can not say enough of this entire series and eagerly await to see the next series.. although Joanna, Ola and Angela will be gone from the original cast. Brannagh's interpretation and series is much inferior in comparison.
on August 5, 2013
I love this series, but for some reason the third DVD out of the 3 in this pack will not play the last chapter of the first show. The DVD player just locks up and freezes. Tried two DVD players and a MacBook with same results.

I returned the first package and got a replacement and the same problem occurred in the same place.

Both the problem DVDs have visible damage on the silver pressing, below the acrylic outer surface. It must be a production fault.

I returned the second pack and gave up.
on March 24, 2013
I was somewhat concerned that the quality of the DVD might be poor but it was excellent. The episodes were high quality as well and while I'm a fan of Kenneth Branaugh, I enjoy these programs produced in Sweden, in Swedish, better than the English language episodes.
on March 22, 2013
My favorite series. I will watch this over and over. The direction of this series is excellent. The characters become real, so needless to say, the acting is superb. The photography is remarkable. The best I have seen in a foreign film. The subtitles are not a problem. The sound and film quality pose no problems at all.
The item was well packaged and arrived in several days. I have ordered others as gifts. I wish everyone who likes "who done its" will purchase this entire series for the good price.
Enjoy
on January 9, 2015
The last four episodes of Season One are excellent. "The Secret" and "The Black King" are my favorites along with "Mastermind" earlier from the season. Several main characters in these episodes deal with demons from their past. I have yet to watch Seasons Two & Three, but the already known absence of a few of the main actors/characters from Season One will be sorely missed.

Spoiler alert--One thing though is to make sure and watch them in sequencial order. I skipped over the middle two episodes to watch "The Secret" and wish I had not. Very sad and disturbing way to end the first season.
on May 9, 2011
Here is what I wrote for other films in this series; it holds true for these too.

I love the author Henning Mankell and very much enjoyed Kenneth Branaugh's film versions of some of Mankell's mysteries. Just recently, I obtained these Swedish films of Mankell stories. I highly recommend them to anyone who enjoys well done mysteries and who does not have a thing about subtitles.
on July 12, 2013
I have followed the exciting and sometimes grim adventures of Wallander and his daughter in all the shows and continue to enjoy this fascinating portrayal of Swedish society. As a Danish-American I am familiar with much of the scenery in Southwestern Sweden and can relate to many of the events.
on August 25, 2012
I've seen all of these and have thoroughly enjoyed the acting, character development, and the stories. I've read some of the books and found these DVDs have enhanced my appreciation of the books.