5.0 out of 5 stars Totally awesome!, March 26, 2011
This review is from: Wallander: Episodes 7-9 (DVD)
The DVD's are amazing, somewhat dark subjects, but I like the genre. Some are not for the fainthearted. These Swedish made are amazing! I liked the Brit version, but these have that little extra. Sad they had to discontinue because Johanna Sällström
died.She was very good as Linda Wallander, thru my researching the subject I found that she was battling depression most of her life and after surviving the tsunami in Thailand she was unable to cope - So sad....so young (32) hope she is in a better place......
The swedish version is the better one, but I'm still going to continue with Kenneth Branagh's version as they come out.
As one can see these really caught my attention, totally riveting.
Got all the swedish versions and bought from "blowitoutahere", a super seller on amamzon.com.
Can't say enough about their customer service, speedy shipping, just great!

5.0 out of 5 stars The best TV Wallender, Hands Down!!, July 30, 2011
This review is from: Wallander: Episodes 7-9 (DVD)
I devoured the Wallender books when I discovered them and was looking forward to Branaugh's series--with trepidation. My trepidation won at on that one. Branaugh is all wrong for the character. It should have been played by Bian Cox. Branaugh is too healthy and way over the top; and the tone of the series is so bland, typified by the weathercaster delivery of the actress playing his daughter. Therefore, after reading the reviews for the Swedish version, I took the plunge and was joyfully surprised. I cannot say enough about the integrity of this series. THe direction and tone of the shows are pitch perfect, and the acting leaves me breathless. Have no fear, Wallender is still here!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful buy, March 22, 2013
This review is from: Wallander: Episodes 7-9 (DVD)
This series is great. My order arrived in good time in good shape. I could not ask for anything more. Plus, I got a good price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Series!, May 18, 2014
This review is from: Wallander: Episodes 7-9 (DVD)
This series is great. I love the actor that plays Wallander and prefer to watch the Swedish speaking version (with English subtitles) as opposed to the British version. The Swedish actor is far closer to resembling the character than his British counterpart. The series does the author of the books proud!

5.0 out of 5 stars Huge fan of this series, April 24, 2014
This review is from: Wallander: Episodes 7-9 (DVD)
This series is absolutely excellent. I would recommend it to anyone that likes detective mysteries as long as you don't mind the subtitles. Fantastic purchase!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, April 20, 2014
This review is from: Wallander: Episodes 7-9 (DVD)
DVD recoring excellent. Disks of high quality and program very very good. Wallander is one of the best crime series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Scandinavian police procedurals, January 8, 2014
Peter Smith (Nassau Bahamas) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wallander: Episodes 7-9 (DVD)
If like me your are a fan of this genre then all I can say is you have found nirvana. Wallander is the best!

5.0 out of 5 stars More Wallander, July 12, 2013
This review is from: Wallander: Episodes 7-9 (DVD)
Enjoyed the previous six episodes and look forward to more after this series continues. It is a great portrayal of Swedish society.

5.0 out of 5 stars Swedish Crime Drama, June 5, 2013
BevD (Arlington, MA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wallander: Episodes 7-9 (DVD)
Love love love these Swedish Wallander stories. A must see for every lover of Scandinavian crime drama. While the BBC Branagh TV rendition of Henning Mankell's Wallander books are fine, it feels better to see Swedish actors and Swedish landscape in this TV series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Spanish Subtitles, March 20, 2013
This review is from: Wallander: Episodes 7-9 (DVD)
why don't they add SPANISH subtitles? In latin America this show has many, many fans... This is one of the best police shows I have ever come across together with Criminal Minds.

Wallander: Episodes 7-9
Wallander: Episodes 7-9 by Wallander Eps 7-9 (DVD - 2010)
$39.95 $22.66