Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grooming Deals Gifts Under $50 May The Best Garden Be Yours Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Black Friday Deals BestoftheYear Shop Now DOTD

Design: BigChange

on June 2, 2010
I bought this for my wall instead of a dry erase board. It works very well and was the easiest thing to put on as it required no tools. :-) I did however, choose not to use chalk even though it works as I want it to last longer. Instead, I use the Expo Bright Sticks which, wipe right off when wet. This way, I can color code, write smaller to optimize space and preserve its surface.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 28, 2011
I bought this after stumbling across it just days before heading to the hardware store to buy chalkboard paint for my mudroom wall right outside a walk-in pantry. We wanted a message center in the mudroom and a place to quickly write down items for our next shopping trip without the bulk of hanging a framed chalkboard. I saw this and figured it couldn't hurt to just try it out. Boy are we glad we did. This is a very sizable chalkboard space (they come in varying sizes to fit your needs) and it went up in about 15 seconds. I smoothed it out with my hand and waited for it to fall off. It never budged! It has been a month now and it hasn't so much as shown a ripple or a corner lifting from the wall. This thing stays put! I took the advice of another reviewer and bought the somewhat expensive Expo liquid chalk pens. I would HIGHLY recommend you do the same for a few reasons. 1) They show up better than regular chalk in my opinion 2) There are various colors and they're very bright so they stand out better than chalk would 3) No dusty chalk residue to clean up from the floor or our hands. 4) They wipe completely clean with a damp paper towel followed by a dry one and the chalkboard surface looks as good as new when you're done. 5) They're easier to write with than chalk -- much like a dry erase pen. This chalk board surface looks great on the yellow walls in my mudroom and has given my mudroom the look of a room straight off the pages of a Pottery Barn catalog. All this at a fraction of the price and trouble of hanging a heavy framed chalk board or painting the wall with chalkboard paint. It has helped organize our lives to boot. I would have paid twice what they're asking for this item. You will LOVE this product.
on June 8, 2009
This product totally exceeded my expectations. It sticks very well and yet is very easily removed. It is also (and this is what surprised me) very easy to write on with chalk - I mean that the chalk is very clear and legible, easy to write and easy to see. I was worried that the stickers would be too small, but they are not - they are large. One package takes up about half of the upper portion of one wall in my sons' room. But of course you are free to take up as much or as little of space as you want by spreading it out or not spreading it out. But just so you know, the stickers themselves are pretty large. The decoration is very cute and atypical and fun. I get regular compliments on this. Most importantly, I suppose, is that my 2 boys (ages 2 and 3, but good for older kids too I'm sure) LOVE to "draw on the airplanes" and on the clouds. Oh, and last point - the chalk wipes off extremely easy with no trouble whatsoever. The chalk also comes off the wall around the decals very easily with a little bit of water. I definitely recommend this product.

Oh, p.s. - when it arrived, the stickers had creases from being bent in the package (which worried me at first), but when the stickers adhere to the wall, the crease marks disappear completely (much to my relief).
on February 22, 2011
I read a bunch of the reviews posted here before buying this product. But I placed this on my kitchen cabinet door, so the surface was clean, hard and smooth, and the chalkboard works perfectly! Don't know what it's like to put on walls, but put it over laminate and it looks really good! It's definitely repositionable, too -- I put it down and peeled it back several times and there was no stickiness or damage at all. It looks so good, my wife and I are thinking about covering over more of the old kitchen cabinet doors with colored vinyl sheeting as a way of doing a cheap makeover of the kitchen.

Edited: Well, I guess I didn't read the reviews quite carefully enough. I just read another review that said you have to use the chalk that comes in the packaging. I didn't believe that, and I'm a teacher, so I just tried some chalk I use at work. It showed up very clearly, but it's definitely denser chalk, and now it looks like it's scratched the vinyl. That's a bummer, because there are tiny white marks that won't come out. I'm waiting on a chalk pen to arrive in the mail -- maybe that will work well. I mean, what happens when we run out of the chalk that's included? Still a good decorating concept though!
on September 19, 2012
I bought four of these for my son to use in his dorm for his endless math equations. He put them up all next to each other so it's like a big rectangle. He uses dry-erase markers instead of chalk and we bought these for him. They show up great on the dark board. Fluorescent Markers,Erasable,Pink/Blue/White/Yellow/Green At the end of the school year he tried to roll them up, but when it came time to unroll them they really didn't hold up well. He could technically unroll them, but were wrinkled and not in good condition. No problem, just ordered more since they save us so much on notebooks. This is a kid that had gone through 10 notebooks in 2 month. We will be buying these again... definitely.
review image
on December 23, 2010
It fell off one wall. Put on back of door. It does not look good any where I put it. Great idea, but I would not recommend it with any of your decor in a nice looking house. The seller needs to side-sell the kind of chalk they included in the package, so the buyers can get more of that chalk. Other chalk will not work on it.
on December 13, 2010
What you see is what you get. Our walls are bumpy, so the chalk writing looks bumpy too, not the fault of the product- but heads up to you if you have bumpy walls as well! Also have had it on the fridge, looks great.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 1, 2013
I bought this two weeks ago, and I have to say that it definitely keeps me organized! It was super easy to put up, and I only had to smooth it out with my hand (I HATE air bubbles). I use Chalk Ink markers with them, but it does come with a couple pieces of white chalk. After using both, I would definitely recommend the markers. Both the markers and chalk wiped off cleanly with a damp washcloth and the surface dried quickly. I also liked that there was no lasting imprint of what I had written (like what you get with a dry erase board). Sometimes it looked that it might be the case when I used the chalk ink markers, but I just needed to wipe it down again and it's been fine. I definitely recommend getting this over a dry erase board.
on June 18, 2013
I'm disappointed with the quality of this product. Chalk with any sort of edge to it (i.e. a new stick fresh out of the pack) scores the surface of the vinyl and therefore leaves a permanent mark.
on January 7, 2013
I bought four of the big chalkboard stickers and fixed them to three different walls in three different parts of our house. EVERY ONE would peel off overnight. I tried securing the corners with other stickers but the chalkboard sticker kept pulling them off. After a few months of DAILY putting them back up - sometimes as much as half of the sticker was hanging down - I finally pulled them all down and threw them away. An absolute waste of money. Very disappointed.