5.0 out of 5 stars Wedding Gown Transporter
Published on January 28, 2012 by longhornfashionista

3.0 out of 5 stars ok
It's nice having a garment bag long enough for evening gowns, but it is not a thick bag and doesn't do a very good job of holding everything in a way that prevents wrinkles. I actually bought two garment bags from Wal-Mart that were cheaper and better for travel.
Published 11 months ago by katie c

5.0 out of 5 stars Wedding Gown Transporter, January 28, 2012
This review is from: WallyBags 60 Inch Garment Bag (Apparel)
I purchased this wally bag and the 66" bag to transport the clothing for our destination wedding in Europe. I used this bag for my wedding gown and the other one for everything else. I had a HUGE princess style gown with a long train and several layers of petticoats...even with all that fabric, it fit perfectly in this bag, and I had no problems carrying it on the plane. The first flight was on a large plane and the second flight was a TINY plane where they put it into the steward's cabinet The bag is very well made, and my gown needed minimal pressing upon arrival. I would recommend using an extra long plastic garment cover (from a dry cleaner) before putting it in this bag...just in case. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wally bags rock!, July 12, 2011
I purchased this gown-length Wally bag to get my evening dress and several street length dresses, plus my husband's suit, from Philadelphia to Seattle and thence on an Alaska cruise. I wasn't sure, even after reading hundreds of reviews, how it would hold up as a checked bag - most people seem to buy this one for wedding dresses, and carry them aboard. It is not very thick, it's true, but it's heavy duty material on the outside and the velcro that holds the bag folded in two is more than adequate to keep the bag closed. I had no trouble, the garments arrived intact and amazingly unwrinkled, and after hanging in the hotel closet for a week (out of the bag, in fairness) they were loaded up and put aboard the ship and again were fine. The return trip involved ship to plane to hotel overnight (where they were not unpacked) and then home, where everything was in pretty good shape. The trick seems to be to make sure everything is draping nicely when you put it into the Wally bag in the first place, and then it'll come out fine.

The locking top is really great, though as previous reviewers have mentioned it only works well if all your hangers are the same thickness - so you can't mix wire hangers and plastic, for example. I transferred all my garments to wire hangers before stowing them, so more would fit since the size of the clamp seems to be limiting. I did worry slightly about having those wire hooks poking out the top; even with the bag folded and secured, the hooks are out there, and it's possible they could snag on something. But as far as I could tell nothing bad happened.

I really like my Wally bag! And it was less than half the price of a "real" garment bag, and nice and light too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great buy, July 12, 2010
Shannon Broussard (Sulphur, Louisiana United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: WallyBags 60 Inch Garment Bag (Apparel)
I love that this bag is 60" which was perfect for my dress. Yet still folds up to a manageable size to bring on the plane. Using this for my wedding dress, and will be traveling on the plane with it. Would have really liked a pocket to put my shoes and accessories in it though, but otherwise perfect. Seems tough enough to not rip or break easily.

5.0 out of 5 stars Garment Bag is great, July 28, 2010
Paula Spaulding (CARY, NORTH CAROLINA, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: WallyBags 60 Inch Garment Bag (Apparel)
This 60" garment bag is long enough for dresses and pants, without those items getting scrunched in the bottom. It is of a sturdy nylon, which should last a long time. It looks exactly as it is described and pictured on the advertisement. Would definitely recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Product, December 15, 2010
This review is from: WallyBags 60 Inch Garment Bag (Apparel)
I bought this item to take on a cruise as carryon for formal clothes. It worked quite well. The hanger clamp kept all the items from falling even with excessive handling for several hours during e boarding and exit process. The velcro strap really helped when carrying the folded bag.

5.0 out of 5 stars Came in so handy, May 13, 2013
M "NyMinute" (Brooklyn, N.Y.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: WallyBags 60 Inch Garment Bag (Apparel)
Go to a store and see how much they rip you off for one of these. Ok so its not canvas but I will tell you I went to Israel and back with it. I can return it and no one would ever know it was used. That's how good the quality is.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great bag, November 21, 2013
This review is from: WallyBags 60 Inch Garment Bag (Apparel)
Great bag easy and light to use. Used bag while traveling to Jamaica with my wedding dress and grooms tux. Had very few winkles on bottom of dress and no wrinkles on tux. Wire hangers stayed in place through 3 flights. Would give it a 5 star if the bag had a shoulder strap which would make it much easier for travel with it and the price.

would recommend for wedding travel

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bag!!, April 25, 2012
This review is from: WallyBags 60 Inch Garment Bag (Apparel)
We used this bag to take my wedding dress and other dress clothes for our destination wedding. We had plenty of length and room. It fit comfortably in the overhead compartment on the plane! Great buy!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for travel!, August 12, 2013
This review is from: WallyBags 60 Inch Garment Bag (Apparel)
Just what was needed for travel for a wedding dress for a destination wedding! Light weight and water resistant if it rains!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 9, 2014
A. Hersh (Northeast U.S.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: WallyBags 60 Inch Garment Bag (Apparel)
Used it for formal wear we had to fly with it was great

WallyBags 60 Inch Garment Bag, Black, One Size