- Save 5% on your order with Disney Vault. Enter code DISNEYV5 at checkout. Enter code DISNEYV5 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save 1% on your order with Disney Vault. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save 5% on your order with Amazilla Media. Enter code AMAZILLA at checkout. Enter code AMAZILLA at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Other Sellers on Amazon
Walt Disney Treasures: Davy Crockett - The Complete Televised Series
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Episodes: Davy Crockett, Indian Fighter; Davy Crockett Goes to Congress; Davy Crockett's Keelboat Race; Davy Crockett and the River Pirates; Davy Crockett at the Alamo.
- Only 150,000 sets issued
- Disc One
- Davy Crockett Indian Fighter
- Davy Crockett Goes to Congress
- Davy Crockett at the Alamo
- Disc Two
- Davy Crockett's Keelboat Race
- Davy Crockett and the River Pirates
- Supplemental Features
- "A Conversation with Fess Parker" Leonard Maltin & Fess Parker
- "The Davy Crockett Craze" with Leonard Maltin
- Easter Egg: "The Ballad of Davy Crockett"
- Still Gallery
Top Customer Reviews
This set of DVD's contains all five of the Davy Crockett episodes from the TV show Disneyland as they originally aired. This includes the opening show animation, Walt's intros and outros, and promos for next week's episode. They are presented here unedited and in their original order. Leonard Maltin introduces each episode and hosts the interviews on the second disc. Of those, the one about the Davy Crockett craze is ok, but hearing Fess Parker's memories is interesting, especially to a Disney fan like me. The picture and sound quality is great for something from the 50's, although I did notice that the picture does go to black and white once per episode.
Watching these for the first time over the weekend, I was captivated by the movies. The scenery is beautiful and the acting is good. There are a couple spots where a couple stories seem to drag, but they never last long. My favorites are the two on the second disc, particularly the keel boat race. Still, I plan to rewatch all the episodes on these DVDs many more times.
Any Disney fan will be pleased to have these in their collection. They are a fun trip to yesteryear for every generation to enjoy.
It would be wonderful if Disney would also release on DVD or tape other Disney shows my father wrote. "Johnny Tremaine" was a wonderful show in which Johnny was an apprentice to Paul Revere. Another is "Andy Burnett, Mountain Man." I thought both series to be as good as Davy Crockett.
... I believe all are now out of print.
The theatrical film releases have been available previously on VHS (and now on DVD) and anyone who bothered to watch them and compare them to the TV series DVD set would know immediately that there is considerable additional footage in the TV series, as released on this grand DVD set. There are even different musical cues in "The Ballad of Davy Crockett" in the film version that were specially written to accompany new film transitions. For starters, the very beginning of the film version omits the scene at Crockett's cabin with his family. How could you miss that if you watched the two versions at all?
The reviewer in question clearly did not bother to watch and compare carefully the two versions before posting the review. Please do not let this uninformed, inaccurate review dissuade you from buying this DVD set.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Way over priced and really to bad it is. These had good childhood memories but it is an old show and really costing way to much. Read morePublished 20 days ago by Richard Heimbichner
Enjoyed it just as much as I did when it first ran on Walt Disney TV when I was a kid.Published 4 months ago by vsm
Yet another over-priced classic
Come on Disney/Amazon, let's get some positive thinking here
Appalling how customers are treated
The only bad thing is that they did not make more episodes. I watched re-runs of this when I was a kid in the late 1980s on the Disney channel and I will be showing it to my kids... Read morePublished 14 months ago by Kevin
Brought back many, many wonderful memories of my childhood. If only my mom hadn't thrown away all my Crockett memorabilia when she moved!Published 18 months ago by Tom Monahan
|Topic||From this Discussion|
|A Truly Sad Day...||
Mr Parker was a decent human being in real life outside of working also. The money he made from Disney & his Daniel Boone series, coonskin cap & Hollywood movies was invested on some prime Calif real estate. He turned into a wine maker with a bed& breakfast inn for tourist. Died a happy family... Read More
Jul 3, 2015 by Imre Demech | See all 2 posts
|Walt turning in his grave:||Be the first to reply|
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Movies & TV > 7-9 Years
- Movies & TV > Boxed Sets > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > Boxed Sets > Comedy
- Movies & TV > Boxed Sets > Drama
- Movies & TV > Boxed Sets > Kids & Family
- Movies & TV > Boxed Sets > Television
- Movies & TV > Boxed Sets > Westerns
- Movies & TV > Classic TV
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Kids & Family
- Movies & TV > TV
- Movies & TV > Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment > All Disney Titles
- Movies & TV > Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment > Walt Disney Treasures