4.0 out of 5 stars A fun collection of beloved tales
"Walt Disney's Classic Storybook" contains 17 beloved tales featuring vintage artwork from the storybooks featuring these stories back in the 1950s and 1960s. The quality of the illustrations are quite good, with all the vibrant colors and beautiful details that one has come to associate with these Disney favorites. The stories featured here are:
Sleeping Beauty...
Published on December 29, 2009 by Z Hayes

Published on March 23, 2010 by DEWEY M.

4.0 out of 5 stars A fun collection of beloved tales, December 29, 2009
This review is from: Walt Disney's Classic Storybook (Storybook Collection) (Hardcover)
Sleeping Beauty
Scamp's Adventure
Alice in Wonderland
Pinocchio
The Sword in the Stone

My preschooler delights in listening to these classic stories over and over and we both love perusing the beautiful illustrations. Recommended!

3.0 out of 5 stars "Beautiful, Vintage Artwork, but not exactly what I expected", March 23, 2010
This is a collection of Classic Disney Big and Little Golden Books from the 1950's-1960's; featuring the vintage artwork I recalled from my childhood. This edition features big, gilded pages. I discovered, upon delivery, that about every third or fourth page was stuck together. I went through the entire book "unsticking" the pages. This was time-consuming and annoying, but the book seems fine now.
I remember a Big Golden Book of "Walt Disney's Mary Poppins" from the late 1960's or very early 1970's that, basically, told the entire story of Disney's movie version. I thought that was the edition that would be reproduced here. I was disappointed to find that what is called "Mary Poppins" here is just a brief, very poorly drawn, episode involving Uncle Albert's hysterical laughing fits and the tea party on the ceiling. There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about how magical Mary flies into the Banks household, her Jolly Holiday with Bert and the children, how she helps the household become a family again, etc.
Despite my disappoint over "Mary Poppins," the rest of the book is fine; featuring cute stories about Goofy, Chip and Dale, Donald Duck, and one, "Mickey Mouse's Picnic", that features an almost entirely forgotten Disney character; now more of a Disney footnote; called Clarabelle Cow. The storybook reproductions of classic Disney films; "Snow White," "Pinocchio," "Dumbo", "Lady (And The Tramp"), "Bambi", "Cinderella", "Alice In Wonderland", "Peter Pan" and "Sleeping Beauty"; are mostly fine. The artwork for this particular version of "Snow White," is a bit weird and offbeat, but also memorable and charming. The artwork and presentation of "Cinderella," "Alice In Wonderland", "Lady (And The Tramp") and "Peter Pan" is particularly breathtaking and exquisite.
This sturdy edition is just fine for children to read by themselves, or for parents to read to their children at bedtime. This edition is a great value for the price. But, for far superior storybook editions of classic Disney films and characters, I highly recommend the 5 Star "Walt Disney's Treasury Of Children's Classics" and "Disney's Princess Treasury"; which have broader, adult appeal as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice., January 27, 2013
I bought this for my friends baby shower. She asked that everyone bring a book to start a collection for her daughter. This was by far her favorite. The stories are not the full, detailed versions, but still very colorful and well written.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bedtime book:), April 7, 2010
We bought this book for bedtime reading to our daughter. The artwork is beautiful and we love sharing these classic stories with our daughter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, January 9, 2010
This book is great. It's filled with lovely stories for my child to help her develop an imagination.

4.0 out of 5 stars nice story book, August 17, 2013
It is what you expect. The stories are a little short, kind of summaries, but overall I think it is a good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Popular and Rare Disney Stories in One Great Book, June 19, 2013
I love this book better than the first edition as this edition has a Mcikey mosue story along with other rarities and this volume actually has Bambi and The Sword in the Stone as I'm very pleased to say I recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly as Described, April 29, 2013
jenmcdan13 (Nashville, TN) - See all my reviews
While animated movies are great, it's nice to snuggle with your child and read about classic characters, too. Sometimes I feel like we could all use a break from tv, computer, smartphones, etc. Flipping through the pages, I thought, "Who needs a screen with illustrations like these?" Great book! Can see this one quickly becoming a favorite at our house.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome stories, February 28, 2013
Great classic stories in shortened versions. More for children between 5-7. The books has less pictures than I expected for my toddler.

5.0 out of 5 stars So sweet, February 7, 2013
My 5 year old got this for christmas and she loves it. I love to see the Classic drawing/style of the books characters. All around nice book of stories and I plan on picking up a few more for gifts.

Walt Disney's Classic Storybook (Storybook Collection)
Walt Disney's Classic Storybook (Storybook Collection) by Disney Publishing Various Authors (Hardcover - July 21, 2009)
$15.99 $13.80