Walt Disney's It's a Small World of Fun, Vol. 3
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Includes Tiger Trouble, Pueblo Pluto, Alpine Climbers, Johnny Appleseed, Hello Aloha, The Fox Hunt
Top Customer Reviews
1) "JOHNNY APPLESEED" - a cartoon originally part of the "Melody Time" compilation feature, but a dirtier & sharper film transfer.
2) "ALPINE CLIMBERS" - a 1936 cartoon starring Mickey, Donald & Pluto as they visit Switzerland. Originally released on the out of print DVD "Disney Treasures Mickey Mouse In Living Color volume 1".
3) "TIGER TROUBLE" - Goofy's 1945 classic adventure in India. Originally released on the out of print DVD "Disney Treasures Complete Goofy".
4) "PUEBLO PLUTO" - 1948 Mickey & Pluto take a trip to Mexico. Originally released on recent DVD "Disney Treasures Complete Pluto Volume 2".
5) "THE FOX HUNT" - 1938 Donald & Goofy go to Great Britain to partake in this sport. Originally released on the out of print DVD "Disney Treasures Chronological Donald Volume 1".
6) "HELLO ALOHA" - 1952 Overworked Goofy takes a vacation in Hawaii. Originally released on the out of print DVD "Disney Treasures Complete Goofy".
There is nothing here for fans with the Disney Treasures DVDs.
"THE LEGEND OF JOHNNY APPLESEED" During the pioneer days, a God-loving but rather talentless young man travels throughout the West, planting apple seeds for settlers in this 17-minute cartoon, originally part of the 1948 compilation film "Melody Time." Using only verse, Dennis Day (a popular radio personality of the time) narrates the classic Christian tale that teaches that every person has value. There are no funny characters and no sight gags, but the short handles death deftly: when Johnny grows old, an angel takes him to heaven to plant apple seeds there. (Those clouds in the sky? Heaven's apple blossoms!) As for art, watch for the beautiful water scenes from Disney legend Mary Blair. No one has used white better.
"PUEBLO PLUTO" Pluto's expressive face is happy, sad, angry and scared as Mickey takes him along on a souvenir-shopping trip to Mexico. When his mouse master -- strange thought, huh? -- gets Pluto a buffalo bone, he refuses to share it with a smaller pup and soon finds himself stuck in a cactus fence. Shown in theaters in 1949.
"TIGER TROUBLE" Goofy with a gun? Now that's scary! Too bad it's not funny, at least not in this case. Mainly a series of chase scenes, this 1945 tale about tiger hunting is not one of Disney's best efforts.Read more ›
Highly Recommended Title For Kids.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
It goes back in time when America was great. America was clean and reverenced God and family, and had a genuine sense of pride that was not out of bounds or unwarranted. Read morePublished on February 23, 2009 by Michael Q. Jackson
I used this video when I taught First Grade. We had a special week we called Apple Days, and the film was loved by my First Graders.Published on December 20, 2008 by Joan E. Kinney
very funny and good classic disney shorts. must have for fans of old disney dvdsPublished on November 10, 2007 by Marco Cantelmi
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Movies & TV > Animation
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Kids & Family
- Movies & TV > Movies
- Movies & TV > Musicals & Performing Arts > Musicals
- Movies & TV > Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment > All Disney Titles
- Movies & TV > Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment > Animated Movies