Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Walther PS22 Red Dot Sight, 11 Brightness Levels, Weaver/Picatinny Mount
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on April 25, 2010
In line with reviews from numerous AR owners, this affordable Red Dot is worth considering. The picatinny mount provided, fits like a glove on my AR15 LMT Defender 2000 and allows for BUIS use for desireable co-witness application. (Note: reversed the scope on the mount to achieve the preceding)
The red dot is fine and bright in extreme sunlight and the unit has taken the jarring and recoil of over 000's of rounds with no ill-effects. The protective lens caps are sturdy and conviniently flip open for immediate use. Although built in China, the housing, mount and over-all finish quality are well deserved of using the "Walther" trademark.
To get groupings of .25" at 100 mtrs (using my reloads of .55 gr Hornady V-max projectiles at approx. 3400 fps) is a regular event with this scope. In addition, target re-acquisition is much faster. This is certainly not an ACOG, but for the price and for majority of civilian users, its value is hard to beat.
On an added note, after using it the first time, the dot became distorted. Complained to the Amazon seller who offered an immediate replacement. They did suggest to try replacing the battery prior to return shipping, and in doing so, the unit has been working well since.
22 comments| 57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 6, 2013
Sometimes you just have to give credit where credit is due! I gotta tell you, I have purchased some inexpensive red dot sights in the past (Vortex, Bushnell, Sightmark, Vector), and in most cases got burned. While my Vortex Strikefire and Bushnell single dot and 4-reticle sights are good sights, the Sightmark and Vector are good for nothing more than children's plinkers. They both exhibit excessive parallax, ie the dots moves all over the place (several inches) when the rifle is sandbagged and I shift my eye around. This is not the case with the Walther PS 22 that I just purchased. When I perform the same test on it, the dot barely moves. In fact, sometimes I swear it doesn't move at all! The PS 22s parallax performance is right there with the Vortex Strikefire and Bushy sights, enabling a shooter to quickly acquire and engage targets without have to perfectly align the dot in the sight's center. It passed it's first test when I mounted it up on my M&P 15-22. I had to make major elevation and windage corrections but in only a minute or two it was co-witnessed perfectly to that rifle's previously zeroed iron sights. Wham, bam, instant zero. The sight's finish is top notch, the battery installs easily and without a fight, and the elevation/windage caps are "dummy corded" to the sight with small, thin wires. Additionally, the sight picture is absolutely clear and the dot is crisp and perfectly round, not oblong or star shaped. It's 11-position brightness knob is very accessible and user-friendly, and is firm and clicks precisely, increasing brightness incrementally as it should, without flickering as some cheap sights do. The dust covers click firmly into place but are a bit loose on the sight, something that played into my liking. I was able to easily rotate them 180 degrees so that when I open the caps, they fold downward onto the rifle's rail. Outta sight and outta mind, as I prefer forward mounted red dots and maximum vision when shooting. I used a bit of epoxy on each to lock them in this position. All told, a quality sight that I'm sure will last many years on my M&P 15-22.

Folks, as did dozens of other reviewers, I highly recommend. If I could do it all over again, I would own 3-4 of these PS 22s! It's a lot of sight for the money. I find it hard to believe it doesn't command more!

UPDATE: 12-22-14. I took this sight back to the range today, the first time it's been subjected to sub-zero temperatures. I live in interior Alaska and know for a fact that many red dot sights will cease to function when exposed to extreme cold. For example, my Vortex Strikefire sights shut down and are useless below twenty degrees. Today was cold, but at a balmy -10, I'm going shooting! My PS22 was exposed to this temperature for over 2 hours and continued to perform flawlessly. I was highly impressed! And once again, it still retained it's zero despite the environment.
on February 24, 2012
I got this from my brother when I bought the gun from him, so I really didn't choose it. I love it though. Having seen what else it out there, the price of this thing is right between the No-Name scopes and the Bushnell price range, yet it is a great sight that holds zero on an AR-15. It is really a 22 scope and made for 22 recoil, but handles .223/5.56 recoil perfectly.

I love the scope base too. I have considered getting a Vortex Strikefire as an upgrade (more than twice the price) which has more reticle features and push-button controls, but I would use this things' scope base since it cantilevers the scope out from the mounting point. On my Bushmaster, I cantilever the PS22 out over the hand-guard leaving me tons of room for a magnifier and backup rear sight. The straight base that comes with the Strikefire would force the scope closer to my eye (far-sighted) and would leave me less room for the sight and magnifier, probably forcing me to ditch one. The Strikefire base would only work well with a monolithic rail system or with a separately purchased cantilever mount.

If your looking in this price-range or a little higher, look no further.
review image review image
on August 24, 2010
Shipped right away but no thanks to the shipper I received a crushed box, I was sure I had a return on my hands but the PS22 appeared fine and worked on testing. The optic appears to be well built with quality materials clear lens nice lens caps nothing seems cheap or shoddy but the range will be my deciding factor. At the range I mounted it on my SKS within 10 rounds I had 100 yard zero, 120 rounds down range it still held zero. At 100 yards 120 rounds could be covered by a paper plate I'm very pleased with this sight.
on October 30, 2010
I put this sight on a Sig 522. I understand that my gun does not put out the recoil that somee larger calibers will, but I do feel comfortable saying that the sight can withstand some rugged use. It looks great, and it holds zero magnificently. It took me about 5 minutes to zero the sight after I turned the cantilever mount the correct direction. The mount does come mounted to the sight straight out of the box, and it is mounted ion the opposite direction of typical. It has 11 brightness settings, and it the middle of a clear sunny day, settings 9 and up are plenty of dot even in direct sunlight.

My only complaint with the sight is that the dot is not as crisp as it could be. It is comparable to the wal mart red dot by tasco that costs about 30 bucks. (both sights are 5 m.o.a.) Keep in mind however that the qquality of sight construction and brightness levels do not compare. I have used other red dots in the same price range, and I can tell you that this is by far the best. If you are looking for a tactical-looking sight that doesnt' break the bank like an aimpoint would, I would not reccomend any other sight. This Walther sight is awesome for the 56 dollars that I had to pay for it.
on September 5, 2012
When the Sight came in, It was more than I expected for the price. I flipped the mount and put it on my S&W M&P and put the 1.5 X 5X's magnifier behind it. The red dot is clear as a bell with this Magnifier. It fit perfect, I'm 100% happy so far with this purchase.
review image
on February 22, 2013
Lets face it, I'm not going to slap a $600. Aimpoint scope onto a $400.00 rimfire rifle. Not gonna happen. Saved that for my M4A1. But for what you are paying for this is what you get...a fairly decent scope for less that $100. One thing that is nice it has a very wide range of diopter settings for brightness. Can be seen in full daylight with no problems. It's better than using plain sights and holds zero so far very well. It's a Walther - but mass produced in China. So don't expect to see "Made in Germany" stamped on the side. It's their low end entry scope.

Would I buy another? Picked up two Colt AR's in .22 rimfire and have the scope mounted on both. So there you go.
on April 12, 2015
I am amazed with this dot sight!! Have shot about 300 rounds with it and still hold zero. I even have a bump fire, which causes a lot of recoil and it still holds true! It also allows you to still use iron sights with the riser. Crisp red dot, and great in low light! I will purchase another in the future.
review image review image review image
on July 19, 2012
Great red dot sight, put it on my M&P AR-15, never had a problem holding it's zero. Shot around a thousand rounds of 5.56, never failed yet.
on August 7, 2012
This is a quality sight for the money spent. The included mount makes it perfect for co witnessing with iron sights on an ar-15 and the 5 moa dot is almost the exact width of a standard a2 front post. This makes sighting in a breeze. It is compatible with common 3x and 5x magnifiers making it one of the most versatile sights you can get under $100.00. All adjustments click firmly and the knobs are as tight as they should be. I'm only giving it 4 stars due to the fact I havn't been to the range yet. I will definitely update this review once I've had a chance to thoroughly test the sight at the range and in the field.

*Update*
Finally got to go to the range after mounting this on my smith and wesson mp15. As other reviewers have stated it does need to be flipped around on the mount for it to work properly. I put about 500 rounds through my rifle and all adjustments stayed exactly where I had set them. I was keeping groups of 8 inches or better in rapid fire from 10-60 yards and was even getting similar groups at 225 yards when I took my time and concentrated a little more. This sight isn't designed for pin point accuracy its designed for quickly getting on target and getting a good hit when you need it. I'm quite impressed with the quality of this sight and would recommend it to anyone on a budget that needs a sight for their ar15.