Your Garage Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Fifth Harmony Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation STEM

Format: DVD|Change

on July 20, 2010
I'ma Be Me

I am a 76 year old retired white educator who has NEVER written a Fan Letter in her entire life. Wanda Sykes is the BEST comedian EVER. This DVD of a recent event proves my opinion. Her event was over an hour long without a single break, not even for a sip of water. Her topics are current and extremely original. One simply cannot hold back laughter even when watching her in an empty room with only two cats for company. I sing Wanda's praises to all who will listen!

I look forward to her amazing future in comedy.

Gloria Cutrer
VINE VOICEon February 3, 2010
This is one of her best shows. Watching the audience get such a thrill out of her routines made it even funnier. She tackles any subject and makes it hilarious, from President Obama to having children, and so on. She can find humor in anything, and she takes her audience along for the ride, laughing hysterically all the way.
on February 1, 2010
LOVED IT. I saw this on HBO twice and loved it SO MUCH! This woman knows how to fine tune an act to comedy perfection. Her Saturday talk show is just ok. I preordered it as Xmas gifts even though it would come out in 2010.
on February 1, 2011
I watched this special on HBO three times and laughed at all the same parts over and over. I knew immediately I was going to have to purchase my own copy. Wanda Sykes is funny on so many levels, as a woman, as a lesbian, as an African American and most importantly just as an observer of life. I've never been such a great fan of her before, but she deserves an Emmy for this performance. Best stand up performance I've seen since Chris Rock's Bring the Pain.
HALL OF FAMEon August 21, 2010
Wanda Sykes is just hilarious and constantly keeps you laughing throughout. This is her second comedy special for HBO done in 2009 and she comments on Barack Obama's presidency, her new life in a interracial lesbian marriage, Bikini waxing and being a performer on a all gay cruise ship with 3,200 couples. She is amazingly funny, honest and provocatively rough around the edges. Her ability to entertain is enormous and she is a strong and fearless woman. Wanda has much strength to admire, sharp wit to enjoy and it all comes out in fearless comedy.
on May 28, 2016
I have watched this comedy show twice now, The first time by myself and the second with my Husband and Mother. I don't usually laugh at jokes the second time around but Wanda Sykes is so funny in content and delivery, I just couldn't help myself. I highly recommend this show to anyone needing a good laugh. She swears a little which doesn't bother me but I know it bothers some. It is when Comedians swear every other word thinking they are funny, that turns me off. This is just plain funny without the need to mask humor with indecency. Very funny!!! (This is not the review of a product I received in exchange for my review, however, The review I provided is of my honest and unbiased opinion)
on March 1, 2016
Now a master in her field, she is more intimate, more authentic than ever before. Yes, of course she's hilarious. But she appears happier, lighter. She's a parent now, she looks healthy and at peace. She is married again, but this time doesn't seem in such a hurry to call it quits. The relationship is less fodder for the stage, more like glimpses into love's little infuriations. She is older and wiser. Don't worry! She's still got a fire wit and razor tongue. But she's doing it all with love. You can see it at the end. She's feeling truly blessed, true gratitude. That is a real artist. Can't wait to see her next role, show, special. Whatever it i, it's always a delight to see Wanda again.
on January 27, 2010
I originally saw part of this show on HBO when I was out of town. The part that I did catch was so darn funny that I immediately started looking for the DVD. Little did I know at the time that her show was "new" on HBO and no DVD was out (yet). As soon as I found it on Amazon, I pre-ordered right away. I CANNOT wait to get it and watch the full show. I bet that I could burn as many calories laughing at her jokes as I can being at the gym for an hour!!

Wanda, you're awesome! Loved you on Crank Yankers!
on July 13, 2015
Very funny. She tells what she imagines is the truth about things such as President and Michelle Obama. What I mean is she imagines things they would like to say but can't now that they are the POTUS and Mrs. POTUS. It is funny. She talks about how as a kid her mom would stop them from doing things saying "White people are watching you." She covers many topics. You just really have to watch this for yourself. You will be glad you did. I literally did LOL several times. I watched it at a time when I really did need to laugh so if you ever need something to pick you up, I recommend watching this.
on March 23, 2015
On a day when I really needed a laugh, my son told my wife to get this film and make me sit down and watch it with her.

Within 10 minutes, Wanda had us laughing so hard tears were streaming down my cheeks.

Yes - 5 stars