Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Format: DVD|Change

on November 4, 2006
Highly recommended, SICK AND TIRED (2006) is comedic great, Wanda Sykes's first solo HBO special. Filmed in Seattle's Moore Theater before a crowd that howls with laughter for the entire 60-minute performance, it was directed by the legendary Keith Truesdell.

In it, Sykes perfectly delivers the hilarious persona she's developed over years of appearing on Curb Your Enthusiasm and The Chris Rock Show, to name just a few of her performances. Like a female curmudgeon, Sykes bemoans her unique frustrations with life, Medicare, politicians, scientists, old people, men and everything in between, including NASA.

In the craziest, cranky-baby voice, Sykes steps out of the traditional funny girl role played by popular comediennes like Ellen DeGeneres, Sarah, Silverman, Margaret Cho and Mo'Nique. Instead she offers the viewer an insider's look into a woman's mind - from an almost male perspective. But it's not like she's remotely masculine herself.

Supremely feminine, Sykes is a girl's girl: sassy, blunt, confident, practical and an extraordinary wordsmith. Naturally inclined toward confessing every disturbing thought a woman could ever have, she is a goldmine of information for men interested in decoding how women really think. And for women, she is the fantasy best friend: smart, chatty and undoubtedly a great chick to hit the town with.

Watching SICK AND TIRED makes me realize that getting to know Wanda Sykes is like learning to use the Internet. In no time at all, you wonder how you ever lived without her.

- Regina McMenamin
on February 24, 2013
Wanda Sykes out did herself in this performance. Like most people, I thoroughly enjoy a gut wrenching belly laugh, and that's what Wanda brings through this video. Yes it's a few years old, but she starts talking about some historical perspectives in her cynically/comic manner, and you know which buffoon she's talking about. If you want to sit and laugh hysterically for an hour+ this is the Video for you.. {note, however, there are age appropriate materials in her humor, so I would not suggest this as "family night" material.
on May 30, 2015
I love Wanda Sykes. She is my favorite FEMALE comedian. I watch her every time she is on Ellen. This show was made years ago and a lot the material is outdated and about her divorce from her husband. For those reasons, I rated it 3 stars. She is funny in the show but it is no way near where her life is today..
on June 27, 2014
This one wasn't as good as the other I saw but I have seen Wanda in other TV shows and she is a hoot. This was still a ROTFLMAO funny it is worth the buy or even just a rent. I bought both and am looking for more for I need humor living alone in a State that unless you were born here no one really accepts you. I am from CA and we liked and accepted most people that were new to town.
on October 30, 2006
Wanda had me laughing so hard the whole show. It was great. I've seen it probably 5 times already and the last half of her show will have you laughing so hard it felt like my stomach would bust open. She is so down to earth. You will love this show!!!
on July 18, 2015
This woman continuously delivers top notch comedy material and has everybody laughing, while at the same time, pulling no punches, unapologetically and compromising for no one. I have a ton of respect for that.
on October 18, 2012
I loved the whole thing, the beginning is the most hillarious. Dont watch this a lot like I have, otherwise it wont be very funny. I bought this after becoming obsessed with the same show on Amazon Prime.
on September 1, 2012
Wanda Sykes "Sick and Tired" is refreshing if you are a black woman -- or any race of woman. She is wickedly hilarious about women, the realities of race and women in this country, and the Bush Administrations' policies and personalities. Wonderful, biting social critique that perhaps only women who are not religious freaks or anti-profanity can truly resonant with. If you're hung up on profanity, don't watch this; it's not meant for you. If you're a right winger, don't watch this; you'll miss Sykes social critique entirely. If you're interested in a woman speaking the truth, then this hour of stand-up comedy is for you.I will watch this many times over, belly laughing the entire time.
on July 1, 2015
Wanda Sykes is hilarious but the video I rented, her mouth wasn't synced to her words and it got worse as the video went on. I stopped watching it towards the end because it was so distracting. I'd really like you to credited back my $2.99 because it was a horrible recording of a great show.
on October 20, 2006
I saw her on HBO, and loved every minute of the show. She was funny, hilarious!. WHenever they show Mars pictures on teh tv, can't help but laugh at the jokes Wanda made onthe show about the space program! Got a watch it!