5.0 out of 5 stars The mp3 all The Guild fans have been waiting for, August 17, 2009
Thomas Needham (Belfast, Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: (Do You Wanna Date My) Avatar (feat. Felicia Day) (MP3 Music)
Since it premiered at Comic-Con '09 there has been a lot of buzz about this music video, both within The Guild community and further afield - and it's rightfully deserved. It's a polished production with excellent lyrics, direction and choreography and can easily stand side by side with any commercially available pop song.

In "Do You Wanna Date My Avatar", Felicia Day's lyrics are as quirky as her Guild scripts, with the added bonus of getting to hear her sing (which we've all been waiting to hear more of since Dr Horrible). You'll also hear Jeff Lewis and Sandeep Parikh perform an impromptu rap during a mid-song breakdown. The rest of The Guild cast can only be seen and not heard, which is why the video is essential viewing. Amy's dancing and Robin and Vincent's "in-character" overacting needs to be seen to get the full "Date My Avatar" experience.

The latest jewel on The Guild's crown was most likely produced on a tight "web video" budget but with Felicia Day, Jed Whedon and Mo Tancharoen involved, their Midas touch has delivered another piece of web video (and audio) gold. The music is catchy, the video is fun to watch and every time this group of people release a piece of work it reminds me why I love new media so much.

5.0 out of 5 stars Felicia Day is a goddess!, August 17, 2009
"(Do You Wanna Date My) Avatar" is a fantastic, satirical pop song about the world of online MMORPGs, but more than that it's a look at the reality behind the virtual worlds many escape to. This is a song that deserves to be on the top 40 charts. Felicia Day rocks the sexy and the rap is probably the best thing I've ever heard.

If you haven't downloaded, listened to or watched - do so now.

Oh, and make sure to watch the hit series "The Guild" also available on Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than a real world quest!, August 17, 2009
Felicia is modern day geekdom's Marilyn Monroe. This song is an absolute masterpiece. Whether you're an avid MMO player or just happen to know one, this song just rocks, as does the web series "The Guild" that preceded it. Much in the same vein of Dr. Horrible's Sing-a-Long Blog, another excellent work including Day and Whedon, it's hard to put your finger on what makes this series and song so good, but if you have the remotest geek bone in your body, you can't help but loving this song (and corresponding video). Not to mention, the song is really catchy!

4.0 out of 5 stars Bouncey Dance Music for Geeks!, August 20, 2009
There isn't any part of this song and video I don't want to rave about. For MMO gamers, so much rings familliar and hilarious. For music lovers, the tune is bouncey and dancable - not exactly like Lady Gaga but with the same sort of energetic bounciness. Felicia Day's voice is so top notch, I can't help but wish there was a whole album of these songs!! She's got more talent than most pop stars, and ten times the personality - and that's just in her voice.

5.0 out of 5 stars I laughed, I cried, I lusted, I laughed some more, August 17, 2009
Dave Reid (Omaha, NE USA) - See all my reviews
I've been waiting to be able to download this for a while, and it's a very entertaining and humorous song. Whether or not you've watched the The Guild videos you'll enjoy this. You'll soon understand why everyone is nuts for The Guild and Felicia Day & company. For being an "indie film series" The Guild is top-notch and this song/video is no exception. Of course if you haven't watched it before, you can and *should* watch all the episodes at [...].

I only wish Amazon could sell the music video as we can't run iTunes on Linux. :(

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Song, August 17, 2009
J. Peterson (Kearns, Ut United States) - See all my reviews
The only thing better than this song is the video.

This is a great song for today's world, done by a great group of people and supporting a great show. Its one of those songs that'll be stuck in your head after you listen to it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great - but I want a HD video!, August 17, 2009
The song is great and Felicia has done a wonderful thing with this and "The Guild" series by making gaming and MMO's fun (and sexy)! Plus, she really knows her stuff and isn't an outsider when it comes to gaming - which really shows in all of this. Love the song lyrics and the video. BUT I WANT A HI-DEF video version - please!

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Amazing, August 17, 2009
This song is now on the top of my play list. It is catchy, and since I watched the YouTube video earlier today, I have been humming it all day!
I would love to see more like this, create it's own Genre possibly?

PS: I am now addicted to "The Guild" Show.

5.0 out of 5 stars Felicia and The Guild Rock ,,, Now more than ever!, August 17, 2009
As a fan of the guild, I probably would have bought this anyway ... but it is much better than I thought it would be. I'm looking for this to make the radio stations ... immediately. Great costumes for the Guild and Felicia has already proven her vocal chops in Dr Horrible.

I can't remember the last time I purchased a song (and no, I don't illegally download them), but I had to get it and now that I've listened, I couldn't be more pleased!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 8, 2014