Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Wansview Ncb543w Outdoor Wireless Ip Camera with Buit in Webserver, Ip66 Wate...
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on January 4, 2014
About once per week, there is no video when I access the camera. The page opens but the video area is black. I've tried refreshing the page over and over, and I've tried Internet Explorer and Firefox. I've also tried rebooting the camera but the only thing that will bring back the video is to recycle the power for the camera. This is extremely inconvenient because the camera is at a remote location and there is no one there to unplug it. I have to drive there to fix the problem.
on May 15, 2014
UPDATE:
Still can't find firmware for this camera! But i find a workaround from my issues below: I found that if I set this camera to upload an image via FTP every 15 min not via the alarm setting (this is a rare feature on these cheap cameras), this keeps the camera from becoming non responsive. After setting up the FTP I started using it with Zoneminder and it seemed to work ok but the quality sucks, I just got some other cameras from Amazon that are a way better quality and I have not had any majors issues with them. Check out this cam: Sricam AP003 Metal Gun Type Waterproof Outdoor Bullet IP Camera WIFI Wireless Security Camera Supports Smart Phone Remote View

Original Post:
Ok so I seen this outdoor camera for a good price with WIFI. I thought hey the quality may not be that great but ill give it a try. I was surprised as how good the quality was looks like a 120$ CCTV cam.

I was so happy at first.

Then the next day I remotely logged onto the camera to show a co-worker. I couldn't get in, no response using the port.
I then tried to log in via my CCTV software Blue Iris (Great software worth the money search for it and buy it). I got a black image saying it had a timeout error and to check the IP address and port number.

After getting home I cycled the power and then everything worked for about 5 hours then same issue.
So I thought hey lets go update the firmware, found a link on a forum for what I thought was the link to the firmware the site gave an access denied message. Ok so ill go to the web site and find the firmware link, NO LUCK.

I decided to email the company and this is how it went word for word (Copy/Past):

<b>My first Email</b>
To: service@wansview.com

ok I found 2 websites wansview.net and wansview.com (not sure what the .com is about but I assume that the .net is the official site? In any case I was not able to find the firmware download on either of the sites. I am trying to update my firmware on my wansview IP camera (NCB543W) that I got from amazon.com to see if this will fix an issue I am having. I don’t see a download for the latest firmware. Can you provide the link to the latest firmware for my camera?

My Issue: After about 4-9 hours of usage my IP Camera becomes unresponsive and requires a disconnect/reconnect of the power to be usable. This should not be the case with a CCTV IP camera! It should be reliable and not require such intervention. It’s my hope that a firmware upgrade may provide a solution. If I am unable to get this resolved I will have to return this camera to Amazon and leave a not so stellar review.

Please Help!

- Joshua
Sent from Windows Mail

<b>First response</b>
Hello Joshua

Thank you for using wansview IP camera, Are you connect the camera by Wireless or wired?

Best regards

To: service@wansview.com

Wireless

Sent from my Windows Phone

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
<b>My second response from them company with what they feel is a solution.</b>
Hello Joshua

Web : [...]
Skype: jason.wu0825
Email: service@wansview.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I responded with my frustration around them selling a product that only half worked I have yet to get a response. I plan on sending this back to Amazon for a full refund it was so promising until I ran into the WIFI issue. The software it has built in is one of the best I have seen I was able to set it up to email me photo's based on a schedule. I have not seen this on any other cheap CCTV Cam.
Well looks like ill spend the extra $$ and try again.

Good luck with your search for a CCTV Cam. I would save your time and avoid this one if you plan to use the WIFI feature.
on November 14, 2014
I have one of these mounted outdoors at a remote home and it never fails. Granted, the User interface is a bit clunky (same code is used on the HaiCong 1601 indoor cams, but this one doesn't have PTZ, so it seems odd that the controls for that are in the UI). I use it with Blue Iris (best cam software I've ever seen) and manage two of these cams, a few Foscam 8910Ws, a couple of haicong 1601's and the camera built into the laptop running Blue Iris). Range on these is limited by only the 2.4Ghz 802.11b/g/n environment you're in. (In a rural area with no neighbors or competing microwaves, cordless phones, etc. I get outdoor coverage over 50 feet from my house, but in a more congested neighborhood, only 5 feet outside the door and it drops off (should be wired if you really want reliable network in a congested area).
review image
on February 9, 2014
Self explanatory, notice most (if not all) reviews come from new reviewers who have only reviewed this product.

Shame on Wansview, avoid companies who engage in fraud
66 comments| 20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 10, 2015
This camera is difficult to connect to a local area network and not for the faint of heart, networking wise. If you want plug and play networking,avoid this model.

The user guide says to use the search app to find the camera after hooking to a router. Unfortunately the Wansview Search app (BSeries Intranet Search add SetTings (V12.0.2.29) never found the camera when it was directly wired to a PC or to a router, even though both were on the same subnet as the camera. So, finding the camera on the network is problematic, to say the least.

Success required logging into my router's DHCP lease page and watching for a new IP address to appear after connecting the camera to the LAN via the Ethernet port. That DHCP assigned IP allowed login via the default credentials: User: admin PW: 123456

I suspect the camera (Device Firmware Version 51.3.0.152 Device Embeded Web UI Version 0.7.1.6) does not fall back to the factory default IP (192.168.0.178) when a DHCP server is absent.
on May 15, 2014
Good camera for the price. Works as advertised with provided. Software. If you are going to use on as existing system DVD you will. Have to set up with manufacturers software first and then install as,a User Defined and have to search the internet for proper path for the camera to work properly. I would not recommend for a novice.
on April 8, 2013
This is a good quality camera, meaning, it displays a superb picture. The advertized range is true (at least for me). I get clear pictures and I love being able to watch my property surrounding from the web.

The cam is very sensitive to metal or anything that may obstruct the signal. But it could be that the signal it is receiving is weak. I ordered a signal extender and I'll test this theory. My cameras (two) are being used in a two-story housing.
on July 10, 2013
I just got it to work on both wireless and wired to a router after a week of fiddling around. This unit does not have any wireless status lights or power lights on the camera, except on the lan cable, which would be a tremendous help. I found out, as I expected, the wireless modem has a different MAC address than the wired MAC address.
on May 16, 2014
I got this running from my PC quickly mainly because I have set up this type of cameras many times. The instructions were mediocre. I have to use the Chrome browser because the IE browser cannot work since the option to download a viewer was not clickable (it is supposed to). And I cannot find how to download it from their website. Then I followed the instruction to get the iSmart View app for iPhone and it is still not working. It gets stuck in "Connecting" forever.

So now I can only see the camera from the PC using the Chrome browser. The picture has a slight "fish -eye" effect and the IR is not that bright. Generally, the unit seems sluggish. I prefer my other FOSCAM cameras.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 7, 2014
Junk....Junk....Junk....
Do not buy this.. It is a pile of, you know......
They are cool looking, and they are smaller than the other foscam cameras I have. There is hardly any support for them. No firmware upgrades. Wireless connectivity does not work. I tried to flash the hardware with a foscam firmware since it was known to be the closest related camera. No hopes. The worst part of it all, was that on the package it says that you can get a $10 rebate check back to you if you go online and give it 5 stars. I went to check it out. The site no longer exists.

Stay away from the trouble. Seriously.