Wanted by Her Lost Love (Mills & Boon Largeprint Desire)
Format: HardcoverChange
Price:$27.99 + Free shipping with Amazon Prime

VINE VOICEon November 1, 2011
Format: Mass Market Paperback
*spoilers throughout*

Ryan can't get Kelly out of his head. It's been 6 months since he sent her packing after he found out she was sleeping with his brother and ruthlessly tossed a check at her and told her to get out of his life. But the check was never cashed and she disappeared overnight. Kelly is angry, she's bitter, she's down right pissed off! Ryan believed his brother Jarrod, over her word and the only thing keeping her going is her anger. When Ryan has a PI track her down he's shocked to see her waiting tables in a seedy diner and floored by the fact she at least 7 months pregnant. But who is the father? Ryan or Jarrod.

I have to say I really really liked this book. Kelly was both strong, fragile, sassy and sweet and Ryan was equally likable. This is one of the most emotional harlequins I have read is a long time and the beginning and the last third are pitch perfect. You can understand where both Ryan and Kelly are coming from, and as a woman I obviously sympathized more with Kelly, but Ryan is equally sympathetic with him trying to overcome what he views as Kelly's betrayal. I also like it that he came looking for her without knowing she was pregnant.

The last third is so emotional and moving. There could have been a bit more groveling, but instead of begging, Ryan takes action to show Kelly just how much she means to him, which is much more satisfying in this case. The only reason this isn't getting five stars, when I so enjoyed the beginning, the end, I also loved the characters and the set up plot device, is because for me the middle lagged. Ryan takes Kelly away to the beach so she can rest and they can work on their problems, but it just seems like a stop gap to get to the end. It's not that the middle was bad, it's just not as good as the rest of the book and chopped up the flow.

But all in all it was one of the better Harlequins I have read in a while and by far one of the most emotionally satisfying.

4 1/2 stars.
on November 12, 2011
Format: Kindle Edition
Just a month ago, I was left sorely disappointed after having read the first installment to this 'Pregnancy & Passion' series: Enticed by his Forgotten Lover. Here I am just a few short weeks later, thoroughly captivated by the second tale.

6 months after Ryan kicks Kelly out of his life for cheating on him with his own brother, he finds her broke and heavily pregnant, trying to make ends meet by working at a sleazy diner. Not knowing if the baby is his or his brother's, whichever it is, he feels obligated to take care of her, especially after a visit to the doctor's office tells that Kelly is unwell and in need of care.

This book was so full of pain and anguish that there were pages that physically hurt me to read. It will make you ask yourself some very serious questions. Does love always conquer all? What happens when loving someone isn't enough? How do you go forward when you're betrayed by the ones that you love? How much pain can one person endure? What happens when both people feel betrayed?

It is impossible to say more without issuing a spoiler alert and I refuse to ruin the pleasure of reading this book to those who haven't. Be advised, if you are looking for a quick, feel-good read, this is not it. But if you sift through the dozens of drivel that Harlequin spurns out each year, yearning for something that isn't trite, cheesy nonsense, then this book is it.

For those of you who are fans of Ms Banks may see similarities between Kelly's situation and what happened in the Anetakis Tycoons series. I think you would have to be blind not to. But if you enjoyed Marley's and Jewel's stories in that series, then you will not go wrong with this book.

Don't get me wrong, this book did have its faults. Like when Ryan tells his friend that Kelly neither acknowledged nor denied that the baby was his, which I found strange since she expressly told him the baby was not his at least twice before that point. I also didn't think that a real life man would have been so magnanimously forgiving and accepting as Ryan was is such a short amount of time, but therein lies the problem with trying to fit a deeply emotional story within the Harlequin word count. There were other (very minor) little issues too, which would probably not have arisen if not for the page-count restraints, but as far as Harlequin/Silhouette books go, this one (I believe) will rank up there as one of the best ones they've published all year.

Thank you Ms Banks for another well-told story.
Format: Kindle EditionVerified Purchase
Wanted By Her Lost Love is the second book in Maya Banks' Pregnancy & Passion series. We met Ryan in the first book. Ryan is getting over the break-up of his engagement to Kelly. According to Ryan, Kelly betrayed him with his brother. Ryan is hurt but can't get Kelly out of his mind or heart, despite what she did. So Ryan hires a private investigator to find Kelly. When Kelly is found, Ryan discovers she's working in a diner and that she is very pregnant.

For some reason, pregnancy romance stories appeal to me and with each installment, I am enjoying this series more and more. Ryan and Kelly's story is very emotional and dark. The betrayal that neither one can get past is hindering them from moving forward either as a couple or apart. Ryan believes that Kelly slept with his brother and that there's a possibility that the baby could be Jarrod's (Ryan's brother) Ryan believes that the baby is his. He is willing to forgive Kelly for her indiscretion if it means that they can be a family.

The Betrayal was the elephant in the room. Ryan was willing to forgive Kelly and Kelly pretty much told Ryan where he could go stick his forgiveness. To be an acute businessman, Ryan is clueless as to why Kelly is so prickly and angry around him. Throughout most of the book, Ryan comes off as being the bigger person because he was willing to forgive Kelly because she is the one that ruined the relationship, not him. It irked me a little that Ryan was so sure of the circumstances that surrounded the day they broke up. I wanted Kelly to just come out with the truth and make Ryan feel like the bad guy for once.

Wanted By Her First Love is very emotional story with some dark elements. There aren't many light-hearted moments in this book. I didn't expect Ryan's family to be so evil and the amount scheming that was going behind his back was soap opera worthy. Ryan's friends weren't any better and I was surprised that Rafe was being Mr. Judgy McJudge after what he did to Brionny in the first book.

I enjoyed reading Wanted By Her First Love. There were times when I wanted to throw my Kindle because I wanted Ryan to see the truth and I wanted Kelly to kick his ass to the curb. But there's a baby involved and I understood why she was trying to make things work. I love this series and I can't wait to read the next book, which is Devon's story.
on December 9, 2011
Format: Mass Market Paperback
This whole book is about when Ryan's brother had attempted to rape her because his mom didn't want her to be a part of the family. Ryan throws her out not knowing she's pregnant because the brother lied and said they had an affair. Then she is continuously victimized by Ryan, his family, and his friends throughout the majority of this book. There is no way to like Ryan as a person or his family or friends. The ending is Kelly immediately forgiving everyone without a second thought after Kelly gets out of the hospital after being in critical condition due to the stress on her very pregnant body. The ending is rushed and Kelly doesn't even take the time to allow herself to heal emotionally. As I said she is victimized throughout the entire book. I would not recommend this crap to anyone. It is not relaxing reading, it's the type of reading where the more you read the more frustrated you feel. This was my first Maya Banks book and I do not plan on buying another one.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on March 27, 2014
Format: Kindle Edition
**SPOILERS AHEAD** So, this is one of those stories where the plot is based on a misunderstanding that is furthered because the two characters can't have a simple straightforward discussion about the issue. In this case, Ryan thinks his fiance, Kelly, cheated on him with his brother because his brother claimed that's what happened. In truth, Kelly was attacked by the brother in an attempted rape. When she ran to Ryan after the attack (he didn't rape her - she got away), he didn't believe her because of the brother's phone call. What is stupid about this setup? Well, first of, all Kelly had to do was show Ryan the bruises on her neck and body from the brother's attack. OR, what a shocking idea, GO TO THE POLICE and report the crime. Plus, she just found out she was pregnant that morning before the attack, so she could have told Ryan she was pregnant with his child. Even if she had had sex with the brother, her pregnancy would definitely have been Ryan's and he would have known that. And to top the incredulity of this whole scenario, why would Ryan believe his brother when Kelly showed absolutely no signs of straying, was extremely happy in the relationship and clearly loved him? So, the setup is completely unbelievable from the start and then the story where it picks up in this novel (Kelly ran off to Texas and works in a cheap diner and lives in a crappy apartment and Ryan finds her after not being able to stop worrying about her) just adds to the stupidity. Instead of telling Ryan what an idiot he was for believing the brother when he should have protected her, she makes snide remarks that reinforce Ryan's belief that she slept with the brother. The ending, where Kelly finally tells Ryan why she's so pissed at him and he has the revelation any man with A BRAIN would have had the first time she came to him right after the attack, is silly and contrived since it was long overdue.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on February 17, 2014
Format: Kindle Edition
"Wanted by his Lost Love" was the book that made me want to read this series. And if I'm going to read a second book in a series I always start from the beginning. The first one really set up the future books, we got introduced to the men and their future loves

This book pretty much has everything I like - misunderstood betrayal, second chance at love, betrayal, secrets, and surprise pregnancy.

In the first book, we're told Ryan has hired an investigator to find his ex-fiancé. All we know is that she cheated on him with his brother and he wants answers and to find out if she's ok. We assume she really did cheat and she's the bad guy in this. Oh how we are mislead.

This book hits the ground running with him finding out where she is. Like the first book, I consider this a little longer than a novella. It's about 140 pages, but it doesn't feel that way. It cuts straight to the action and gives us character development and emotional depth. Since they have been estranged for 6 months we're able to fill in the blanks.

We learn that Kelly never felt like she was good enough for the family and immediately different scenarios pop up as to her "betrayal". I expected the mother had something to do with it, but did not expect the length of her evilness nor the involvement of the brother. It's interesting how they disapproved of Kelly because she didn't come from money nor had the backing of a good family, but is a good person someone who Ryan loved. Yet her replacement chosen by her mother is a vile, empty twit. I don't get the mother would think she would be a better wife than Kelly. Anyway, I won't rant about that too much.

Like Rafe in the previous book, Ryan likes his control. I almost view both of them and I suspect Cam and Dev to be like alpha-lite heroes from Banks' "Breathless" series. I think had these been full fledged novels and not a part of the Harlequin Desire series, it could of been darker with more angst.

I really felt for Kelly. After she tried telling Ryan the truth about his brother rather than trying to work it out he gave her a check to get out his life. In his view, he thought he was helping her out, not seeing that really it was like he bought her services for a few weeks. He was completely blindsided by her "betrayal". Yet when he sees her again, he doesn't question his truth in her. He really doesn't have trust in her and she's unwilling to fall for him again.

There's tension between the two characters and it's delicious. He wants to work things out for the sake of the baby regardless if it's his or not. She doesn't want to be completely shattered by him again. How could she trust a man after he casts her aside after her darkest most brutal moment?

I do wonder though and wished it could of been addressed - what type of women did Ryan date that his mother never interfered before? Or maybe she did and he never found out. That would of been juicy!! He obviously must of been with 'not ever serious' girls. And for being so in love with Kelly how could he not believe her after her accusations? He never entertained the notion, why wouldn't he have? Or why didn't he second guess himself? Why did he react immediately by writing her a check and dismissing her?

The scene when they are all at dinner and Kelly feels everyone is judging her even Byrony though she's only just met her was so sad. I liked for those brief moments she was willing to forgo all judgment and be in love with Ryan even if it meant forever being judged by him and his friends. It really showed how much she loves him. But oh my when she finally realizes she deserves better and she tells everyone off oh that was so good. I was proud of her sticking up for herself and finally not putting up with Ryan's "forgiveness". And the scene afterwards was so hard and I'm so glad it was in his POV.

When Kelly was diagnosed with preeclampsia I kept wondering why Ryan would entertain the notion of her traveling so much. Anyone would be tired of flying so much within I think a week and she's emotional and heavily pregnant. And every time they would argue or she would get upset I kept on thinking something is going to happen. That is not good for her blood pressure.

This book was a fraction shorter than the previous and there were times when I wished it was longer and would of expanded on several scenes or added more layers to the characters but then I thought it would of felt too dragged out.

I do wish there was more groveling in his part towards the end. It was too neat and too sudden. In a way I was glad they had a HEA but would of liked a more realistic ending in that it would of been acknowledged that they had a lot to work through in order to trust one another.

But so far out of the two this one was my favorite.

Onto Dev's story!
on November 16, 2014
Format: Kindle EditionVerified Purchase
This was a so so read for me. Not badly written but I had a hard time relating to the characters. The misunderstanding was just too unbelievable and the male lead was such a jerk I never did warm up to him.
on October 10, 2012
Format: Kindle Edition
this is the second book in the Pregnancy and Passion's series and I have to say it's is much better than book one. This book is filled with hurt, angst, passion, twists, and turns, and betrayal. Ryan and Kelly were engaged to be married till Ryan's brother told him that he slept with Kelly. When Ryan finds out he immediately broke off their engagement and wrote a check to Kelly and told her to leave. Months later Ryan has hired a investigator to find Kelly and see why she hasn't cashed to check he wrote her. six months after Kelly left the private investigator lets Ryan know he's finally found Kelly. Ryan immediately leaves to see her and finds her waiting tables in a dump and is shocked to see she is pregnant. Ryan is shocked and confused and decides that he can't leave her there pregnant by maybe his or his brothers child, but secretly hoping the baby is his. Kelly hates Ryan he left her when she needed him most and took his brothers word over hers and now she is done. To bad Ryan doesn't agree. This book kept my attention till the end and I found myself done to quickly with this book. I liked the characters more in this book than book one and found myself stuck in there world from the first page.
on April 9, 2012
Format: Kindle EditionVerified Purchase
This was an emotionally-charged story from beginning to end. My only complaint is how Ms. Banks ended the story. It just didn't seem complete, that's the only reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 5. I've now read all three in this series and I'm anxiously awaiting the 4th.
on November 4, 2011
Format: Kindle Edition
I dont like spoilers so i wont give any( read other review for that) i agree wholehearly with the previous reviewer. This book was so emotionally charged. my sympathy of course was with Kelly, but i liked him also, even though he believed his brother and treated her so so badly, he came through at the end and proved himself. Kelly says to him that living without their love would be wrong and she is so right, she loves him and forgives him. his mom and brother are absolutely criminal and totally hateful, although u get a sense that the brother may be somewhat sorry, what he did at the mother instgation was sooo wrong i found only a smidgen of sympathy for him, then told myself not to waste my sympathy. DId i say i wouldnt give spoilers? Oooops! Buy this book .