Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Melvins Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on August 31, 2009
In my opinion, poor journalism at its best. The book seems contrived and he comes off to me as a blow hard who did not really understand the rivalry of two great coaches. Rosenberg and Schembechler should not be used in the same sentence.
22 comments|355 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 31, 2009
Lacks the passion that the topic demands. Mostly filled with vauge discussion from sources with questionable credibility. Clearly written from an outsiders perspective. Many better choices to learn about the UM-OSU series.
88 comments|293 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 1, 2009
One of the worst books that I've read in a while. Boring prose, factual inaccuracies, etc etc. Nothing to see here.

Of all the great books out there on Bo and Woody, why would anyone choose this one?
0Comment|86 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 31, 2009
Retread. Trite. Had high hopes this book would shed new light on a dynamic and enduring period for our country and our (Wolverine) Nation. But it merely repackages the same old. Serviceable if you want an uninspired repository of stories everyone knows, I guess.

Bottom line: there are some good to very good era-pieces about the Bo/Woody turf war. This is not one.
66 comments|364 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 31, 2009
This is a topic that should have been handled by a competant writer if not an accomplished one. That is not the case however as Rosenberg constantly reminds the reader through lackluster and uninspiring rambling that he is in over his head and would be better served rethinking his career choice. Not worth reading, listening to, or using to level out an uneven table. Move along, you will not miss anything.
0Comment|216 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 31, 2009
The author is also a writer for the Detroit Free Press. He has a not so hidden agenda against the current University of Michigan football coaching staff. In one of his recent articles, he took freshmen team members' quotes out of context in order to "conduct his research" on hours spent working out by team members. In my opinion this is unethical, and I urge anyone thinking about buying his books to reconsider. If you care about the University of Michigan and its football program, I urge you to not support an author who will seem to stop at nothing to tear it down.
33 comments|263 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 31, 2009
If you want to read a good book about life, leadership and UM football read John Bacon's book "Bo's Lasting Lessons"

This book will, and i guarantee you it will, show you how true leader should lead. I would suggest this as mandatory reading for all wall street CEOs and US congressmen and senators

Bo wasn't any more exceptional than many of his generation. He was exceptional because he was unrelenting in his execution of his beliefs.

Rosenberg should read this book and take a truly unbiased view on his writings
0Comment|137 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 31, 2009
This man never played football and pretends to know what he's talking about. Waste of money, Don't buy!!
0Comment|198 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 31, 2009
I couldn't believe a publishing company would print this slop on one of the most storied rivalries in all of sports. About halfway through the book I wondered if a mental patient wrote this from a psych ward. I found out later the writer actually did this for a living. I returned the book to my mother-in-law (we don't get along at all I assure you). I then figured it out. This was her payback for me marrying her daughter. Touché mother. I see this Neanderthal has written other books! I'm surprised he learned to hold a pen straight enough to write his name. I'm sure I can find an unopened paperback in the used section for a few pennies. Game on mother, game on.
0Comment|129 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 31, 2009
Mike Rosenberg should not have written this book because he TRULY doesn't know Michigan football. He simply writes and then tries to sell. If you purchase this book it will be from a person that doesn't even like Michigan --- even though he graduated from there. He continues to struggle in writing and this book goes no place. He is only trying to make money and I cry foul! He doesn't have any passion for the game, only his pocket book. Don't support this author.
0Comment|182 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse