Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on April 30, 2012
Ok for those readers who have yet to read this book or series, please read them in order and you MUST read them all, they are fantastic, you won't be disappointed!

I am going to personally address this review to Elle because I know she read these reviews. You are AWESOME!!! I think this book by far was the best. All your others were excellent, but this one topped the cake and you made me laugh so hard, and I cried as well for at least 2 pages long wiping my tears away and they kept coming. I was on the edge of my seat because you make it so suspenseful which I loved! This was an emotional roller coaster for me.

Ok first I have to say ..."Farticus?" MUAHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That was freaking hilarious! I love Tim and Jayne's bantering back and forth, I laughed my butt off! I love your brain Elle, you come up with the funniest stuff in your books especially this one.

This book pulled me in deeper than ever and I was so connected to the characters. I really would have loved for the book to have been longer. I flew through it in less than a day mainly because I COULD NOT PUT IT DOWN!

Couple general comments, and a question about Gorm- you said when people said his name, he eats them...why? The reason wasn't mentioned and I was wondering why the entire book. I was also wondering about Gregale in this book, he was mentioned once but wasn't really a part of this book. Where is he and what was he doing? Also Jared was gone too recruiting, but I don't remember reading about him being at the ceremony, was he there? I would have loved more of a description of Jaynes facial features, hair and makeup application when she was given the cloak to become a member of the council to try and picture her beauty. It just helps me get an overall picture in my mind which you are GREAT about doing with everything.

I would love to see more books with Jayne's character and I am HOPING that Jayne and Tim will be in the "Otherworlds", I have a feeling they will be. You definately surprised me with Ben & Jayne's relationship. I am kinda sad that she didn't get to have that relationship with Chase but totally understood why in the end so I am happy with the outcome.

Brilliant! Excellent! LOVED this book!!!!! If I could rate it more than 5 stars I would! Bravo!!!!!
66 comments| 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 7, 2012
By the time I got to this I was a mentally impaired wreck. I smashed down the previous 3 AMAZING books in a day and then spent the next month pestering and pestering Elle on her blog at ellecasey.com to pump out the next one.

f***in' WORTH IT. Hilariously gutbusting, and a massively entertaining read, Elle kept me hooked like a kid in a velcro suit to every page. I devoured it twice in the same day and for the life of me could'nt give a crap what I missed that day.

The characters are well developed and have a lot of dimension. The story is in your face and fresh - only as cliche a any tory needs to be, to feel real, and the way Elle brings you into the story is testament to that.

Excellent read. I'd give it more stars if there was an option for it.
44 comments| 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 19, 2016
This will be the last book I read of the series until I feel like spending more money on the series. I was entranced by this author's world and the characters she created, but since the last installment, I have been waiting for Jayne to grow up a little. I love her swearing, the fact that she does whatever she wants, and her slight sadism with the people she comes into contact with. It's amusing. What isn't funny is the way I feel the need to skim through her monologues, especially when I stop the skimming and find that I didn't miss anything important. When you can skip chapters and not miss anything on the plot, you know something's wrong.

Jayne had a grow up early because of a mother who didn't do her job very well, but it's been four books now, and she doesn't feel like a teen who had to take care of responsibilities: she feels like a girl who just got jaded and tries constantly to not show it to the world. It showed in the way she acted one way but did something at another time. Or maybe I'm just reaching for an explanation on why she's the way she is. Her friends were relevant in the first book, but I feel that by now, they've become nothing but fillers. Two-dimensional. And what was up with Chase? While I liked the idea of them possibly being together, it was still weird to see- well. I won't spoil.

Long story short, I didn't like the way this book was ended. Things got so annoying for me, I've decided to leave this series alone. The price isn't worth the experience I got from reading this. I went up to book four because of the world I was brought into, but there's only so much I can take of Jayne and the dialogue. I recommend the first two books, and recommend you stop at book 2. But that's just my opinion for having only read four books.
on February 29, 2016
What a sh-t storm! Crap is happening, the whole compound is a mess, who knows what is happening to who or where. All fae are being called in on the double to prepare for an epic battle between light and dark fae. Yeah, we're getting to the war. Jayne is starting to get training, thanks to Tony, of all people. Her personality is still the same, and people are beginning to fawn over her. She's mooning over Chase, can't say I don't blame her, but he's out of reach. Jayne and Tim's conversations are getting on my freaking nerves, man. I get it, they're great friends and they joke around, but it seriously feels like half the book is about those kinds of conversations. They are not adding anything for me. Jayne blows off Spike, responsibilities, and pretty much does whatever the hell she feels like and gets away with it. You'd think by now she'd begin to have some kind of character arc, but she's still just as balls to the walls as she was in the first book. I want her to grow up some; she's been through enough for that to happen. Anyway, things come to a head in a twist that I did not expect in many areas that abruptly came to the end of book 4. Editing is not so great and there are clearly wrong words being used. The erroneous use of the semicolon is reprehensible.
on April 30, 2012
I have followed this series from the beginning and I was very excited to read this book. I wasn't disappointed. I liked seeing how Jayne has grown and even matured a little, but still kept her great sense of humor. I think there are some things that could have used a little more explaining and the ending was a bit abrupt, but overall I loved the story and the writing.
on January 20, 2016
This was probably the most emotional one so far of the series. I swear I laughed and hard as I cried in this one. By this book, you're entrenched with the characters and story. I'm warning those of you that cry at sad movies, get your tissues out ... Really there's two sad spots. And if it wasn't a spoiler I'd tell about the end, you've probably have guessed it by now... But Tim and gang keep you laughing, you got to love snarky pixies...

Really a lot happens in this book, our characters continue to grow and we get some new friends added to the group.

Next book should continue to be interesting as new things were added.

One question, and remember this when you finish....what happened with the beggane...or is it beggame?
on April 29, 2012
It's a beautiful finish to this series. I LOVED it! Great ending but my heart just broke into a million pieces. Miss Casey's skill at making you feel exactly what the characters feel is on overdrive in this book, I laughed out loud at their antics and yes, shed a few tears. READ IT!!!!
on June 21, 2012
This book was yet another great continuation of the series. This book has light and dark moments, causing tears of humor then of sadness. One scene in particular had me laughing so hard, I had to reread it to make sure I didn't miss anything. I have to say, that there was finally a bit of resolve with this book, that was missing from the rest. I kind wish that the "spirit" element would have happened a bit sooner in the book to spice things up, because I kind of guessed it would happen. But I loved it and the series as a whole.. well was obsessed with it!! I read all 4 books in 24 hours.. I am now a huge Elle Casey fan or stalker.. whichever comes first :P

"Spike was my first victim. And when I say victim, I mean victim. He walked out of there looking like he had gotten into a fight with a chainsaw.. and lost." This is the point in the book when I totally lost it!
on December 9, 2015
I think what I have come to appreciate so far in this series is that even though this story sticks to Jayne's point of view--her love life gets attention that is proportional to all the other things that are happening-- meaning that there is a war btwn Light & Dark Fae that is on the edge of boiling over, things from the Underworld are on the loose and those *big* deals get the majority of her attention. For all of her potty talk and whatnot I am so appreciative that the girl can see the big picture.
on August 10, 2015
At times funny, at others tragic and at all times action packed. You travel with Jayne as she battles demons (both her own internal ones as a young teenager growing up with a troubled past and real demons) as a young powerful; elemental just discovering her powers and who she is in the new elf world she now belongs to. Her friends are always by her side but that doesn't mean that they can't think for themselves and sometimes that means that they go where Jayne isn't ready yet to go. Once again I have to give this book hih marks in the series. It did not disappoint.