- Explore more great deals on thousands of titles in our Deals in Books store.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Data Warehousing With Microsoft Sql Server 7.0 Technical Reference (Microsoft Technical Reference) Hardcover – Bargain Price, March, 1900
Top 20 lists in Books
View the top 20 best sellers of all time, the most reviewed books of all time and some of our editors' favorite picks. Learn more
Special Offers and Product Promotions
The book notes that the line between database software developer and database administrator is blurring further all the time, and it does a good job of explaining this new role. The text is careful to clarify procedures for building and managing cubes (and the reasons behind them), and provides lots of information on how to develop software that interacts with complex data structures. MDX (including MDX expressions) get a tutorial treatment, and Data Warehousing documents the ADO MD objects by fitting them into a Visual Basic application. This book will likely refresh and then build upon existing SQL Server knowledge. --David Wall
- Data warehousing under SQL Server 7
- Online Analytical Processing (OLAP) and other data-analysis mechanisms
- The OLAP Management Console
- The Cube Editor
- Multidimensional Extensions (MDX)
- ActiveX Data Objects Multidimensional (ADO MD)
- Data Transformation Services (DTS)
- General engineering matters