Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 81% off the $39.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine
|Price:||$25.25 + $3.99 shipping|
|You Save:||$14.74 (37%)|
- Warhammer 40,000 Space Marine takes console gamers into a savage universe where humanity fights for survival against horrific alien and demonic forces.
- The player becomes the ultimate defender of humanity - a mighty Space Marine - sent to stop the brutal Ork invasion of a vital Forge World.
- As the barbaric Orks rip the planet apart, it's up to you and your battle-hardened squad of Space Marines to cut a bloody path through the Ork horde and discover what they're so eager to find.
- In Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine, award-winning video game developer Relic Entertainment will bring the epic Warhammer 40,000 universe to life like never before in a dark and compelling Action RPG
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Warhamer 40,000: Space Marine is a third-person Action Shooter in which players accept the role of a Space Marine Captain tasked with the defense of the empire as well as humanity against the Chaos Faction lead by the ruthless Ork hordes. Players will have to use their exceptional size, strength, armor, weaponry and fighting spirit in order to succeed. Features include: a new seamless combat system allowing equally for ranged and melee action, hordes of deadly enemies of various kinds, intense 16-player online multiplayer and more.
In Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine you are Captain Titus of the Ultramarines, humanity's last hope for survival in a war-ridden future. Step into the armor of this superhuman warrior and use a lethal combination of deadly weapons to crush overwhelming alien forces. Fight against the savage Orks and the unholy forces of Chaos in a brutally violent world based on the richest science fiction fantasy ever created.
Space Marine features a fluid combat system that allows players to seamlessly switch from ranged to melee weapons without interrupting the flow of combat. Hitting the melee button at any time will result in a close range strike with the equipped hand-to-hand weapon as well as the camera pulling out to melee distance. Pulling either trigger will instantly snap the view back to behind the player’s shoulder ready for precise shooting. These systems are immediately responsive and leave the player in full control at all times. As the player dispatches enemies in Space Marine they will be earning "Fury" which can be used to unleash devastating ranged or melee attacks. The player can use "Fury Marksman" to enter a heightened form of awareness where time seems to slow down allowing them to pick off multiple ranged enemies in the blink of an eye. Alternately the player can opt to utilize their "Fury Strike" up close and personal with a sweeping area of affect attack that will obliterate anything close enough and knock-back and stun more distant foes.
Key Game Features
- Storm Into Battle - Step fearlessly into the heart of combat as an unstoppable Space Marine. Never hide, never cower, just purge all that stand in your way.
- Unleash Visible Violent Death - Using an innovative, new combat system, switch seamlessly from high-caliber ranged weapons to devastating close-combat strikes. Taking out an enemy has never been so satisfying.
- Experience the Dark Future of Warhammer 40,000 - Jump into a rich universe of awe-inspiring landscapes, deadly enemies, immense battles and ruthless annihilation.
- Take the Battle Online - Form your own Space Marine squad or Chaos Space Marine warband and face off in 8 vs. 8 online matches. Gain experience and unlock new weapons and armor to customize the Devastator, Assault and Tactical Marine classes.
New innovative combat.
8 vs. 8 battles online.
Multiple marine classes.
Unlock weapons & armor.
Platform: Xbox 360
Top Customer Reviews
In that regard, they absolutely succeeded. A better game to compare Space Marine to would be Ninja Gaiden. While there is no "snap-cover" mechanic like in Gears of War, there *are* absolutely mind-boggling numbers of enemies throwing themselves at you pretty much all of the time. In that respect, I couldn't help but recall the frenetic against-all-odds feeling of Ninja Gaiden. In that game, you are supposed to prevail because, hey, you're a @#$ing NINJA. In Space Marine, you are supposed to prevail because, hey, you're a @#$ing SPACE MARINE.
Like Ninja Gaiden, you have a variety of close combat weapons (though not the same breadth) each with their strengths and weaknesses. However, in addition to the "hundreds versus one" in close combat, Relic has managed to incorporate the most fluid ranged combat/close combat system I have ever used. You can literally snipe an enemy on the high ground one second, and then spin around and decapitate another enemy with your bare hands, and you don't even think about the control scheme at all!
The campaign could have easily gotten repetitive, considering that your main staple weapons only gradually expand in variety, but intelligent level design consistently creates new puzzles for you to solve, by having you fight in a variety of terrain heights, against different mixes of ranged, close combat, and heavy hitting opponents. I found that on the "hard" difficulty setting, I literally needed to rely on every aspect of my arsenal to survive.Read more ›
Some have said that is plays a little like Gears of War. I would say that it "plays" very little like gears of war. This game includes much more melee and a unique health system. The game's weapons are also not really like Gears. Finally, the cover system, something absolutely integral to the Gears experience, is completely missing. That said, the game does, in many ways, "look" like Gears. Some reviewers claim that the hulking Space Marines look like Cogs, the looming stone architecture looks like Jacinto, and the Adeptus Mechanicus insignia and its focus on gears and mechanical insignia are all too familiar. How dare they copy these things from Gears of War, right? Well, wrong. For anyone that has almost any experience with the Warhammer 40K universe, playing this game is like stepping into a perfect embodiment of a fictional universe that has been around for decades.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The kids really enjoy this game and its ability to play others online.Published 3 months ago by Gaz
Fun. Mindless, violent action, good for wasting time, but I couldn't get into it whole-heartedly.Published 4 months ago by wlg
This game is really fun. It has the Warhammer 40K setting, which is really cool, and it mixes close range combat with long range combat really well. Read morePublished 11 months ago by Joshua2112