Professional restaurant supplies BDD_MSW16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

on September 6, 2009
The previous rating of 2 was much too kind. We kept our oven rather than returning it. Yesterday it caught on fire and filled the house with smoke. It was 19 months old.
on December 22, 2010
Waring Pro CO900B Professional 8/9-Cubic-Foot Convection Oven

Happy Holidays Y'all!

I am satisfied and happy with my purchase, and for anyone that would like more technical data in your web browser you can search on waringproducts, pick Welcome to Waring Products, on their site select Consumer, and then search on CO900B, which should give you the option to select the Waring Pro® Professional Convection Oven Model # CO900B manufacture's webpage; just below the bulleted highlights is a link to the PDF manual. Pages 7-10 describe the parts and accessories.

My primary purpose for this oven is to safely replace the microwave for reheating foods, and to assist in generating a smaller energy/heat footprint when it comes to cooking smaller meals, like 10" pizzas. This oven within this price range for me, since I now also want another for my work place, is one of the most safe, affordable, and best models that I could find, and suites the aforementioned needs perfectly.

There doesn't appear to be with this oven any leaching metals or otherwise within the 500 degrees Fahrenheit range that this oven is capable of that causes me any concern (some are concerned about the outside coating - based on the research I did there are no worries until you reach ~1500 degrees F); however, you are free to do your own research to be sure that you are comfortable. The interior is made of stainless steel, the wire racks (2) are chrome (chromium) plated steel, and there is an enameled baking pan, which can also be used as a drip/crumb pan (primarily my choice), or discarded altogether - saw another discussion about food/health safety concerning regular enameled baking pans. Also included are a rotisserie spit, rotisserie skewers, and a handgrip if you're so inclined; haven't used these, yet. I personally like using my Norpro silicone and fabric gloves, which also protect my forearms when handling the hot racks and food containers.

The oven is very simple to use and has 3 manually operated knobs: 1. Temperature Control 2. Function Control - cooking style 3. Timer -includes preheating & timer modes. There are 2 visible lights: 1. Red - Indicator Light - anytime the oven is on 2. Green - Oven Temperature "Ready" Indicator Light - comes on when the set temperature is reached just like a full-sized oven; great indicator while preheating. The lowest indicated time listed is 20 minutes because in order for the timer to work properly, you must turn the timer past that point; however, you can easily after that point visually employ the successive approximation method (cut the distance in half or again to 4) to fraction this to the time needed.

Another reviewer mentioned having a problem with the seal; sorry to hear that; however, the particular unit that I received has a seal that expanded during the 1st recommended burn-in process (to remove the protective industrial oils used on most metal products that may corrode over time), and now it seals just fine. If you touch or pull on this seal prior to then, I can see how it could be damaged since it is thinner and appears more flimsy prior to burn-in. The interior light stays on when in use, and yes the glass and outside panels (top & back) get hot; just like a full-sized oven, so please keep all that in mind, and if you can live with most of what has been mentioned above then with this purchase you'll be quite pleased! Hope that this helps.
44 comments|26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 12, 2011
In 1989 I purchased a Farberware Convection Oven and it was the only oven I used until the fan stopped working in November 2010. I searched far and wide for someone who could repair it and I still have it in the garage hoping The Universe will deliver a part supplier or someone who can repair my oven. That oven was used almost every day and everything I cooked - meats, souffles, bread, cakes, pies, turkey, chicken etc. came out perfect. It is also the only oven that has a door that opens out and is removable for cleaning. When one is cooking something heavy like a turkey, that makes a big difference. I never got burned using that oven. The fan on top of the oven was another plus. The air really circulated throughout the oven and cooking was really fast. Chicken and turkey had beautiful color and bread crusts were done to perfection.

I finally purchased the large Waring Professional Convection Oven since it was the closet thing to the Farberware that was available. I was disappointed from day 1. The first time I used it, the gasket door seal melted. It did not cook like the Farberware did either. It took 2 weeks to get a replacement gasket and then it was the wrong size. I received another one and it melted too. I sent the oven back. The door also got very hot and several times I got a slight burn when removing something from this oven. The only thing I liked was a light inside the oven but that did not need to be on all the time the oven was working. An on/off switch would be an improvement.

I am making do with a Euro Pro now but, it is not an oven for heavy duty cooking. I cooked a roast beef, ham, chicken and a souffle. It takes longer than in the Farberware, especially when one wants things nicely browned but the food is good. The oven is not big enough for a turkey. At about $89 it has been trouble free and cooks better than the Waring with a price tag from about $250 to $500 depending on the size. I would not recommend the Waring.
on March 9, 2010
I purchased this oven to off-load our main oven of the smaller cooking tasks. The oven does work well, but the door seal has failed 4 times since I purchased it in November of 2009. I've made complaints to Waring about this issue. Each time they sent me two different seals, one too large and one that fits snugly. And, every time after about a week of light usage, the seal falls apart.

Now that I've been dealing with Waring over this on-going issue, my window for return at Amazon has expired and I am left with an unusable boat anchor sitting on my counter. Because of this I cannot recommend anyone purchase this oven. This makes me suspicious of other Waring products as well.

Some thoughts from a not too happy customer.
on September 21, 2010
This oven is NOT professional quality and is not engineered properly. The door does not seal and there was about a 1/8 inch gap almost all the way around which the rubber-type seal did not close off, letting heat an smoke to pour out. The top surface and glass (single pane) get dangerously hot.
I did not get past the initial heating up, break-in period. Put back in the box after cooling and returned it.
on March 14, 2011
After years of faithful service, my Farberware T4800 Convection/Broil oven finally stopped working, and a replacement could not be found anywhere. So I warily chose this Waring, partly because I assumed "Professional" meant that pros would use it. But now I'm wondering what professional would be happy with an oven that is so small that a half sheet won't fit into it. In fact, only my smallest pans will go inside, so my days of roasting cut-up chickens in a flat pan are over. And the mechanisms to hold the racks (which you can only use one at a time, by the way) are so complicated that nobody but an obsessive/compulsive would be able to clean the inside of this oven. The booklet says the oven light comes on when you open the door, so maybe my door isn't closing all the way, because the light stays on all the time. Since a half sheet won't fit, I tried to bake a few cookies on the provided pan, but it burned the bottoms. I'm less than thrilled with my new purchase and sadder than ever that my Farberware is dead.
on June 30, 2010
Will the third oven work for more than a year... First oven was replaced by the retailer and now the second one is over cooking the food. The first one was replaced for a failed thermostat and the second should be too!! My wife is an excellent baker and she loved it at first but it is burning way too many things now. Avoid this product!!!
on January 16, 2011
I got this oven as a replacement the one i had before was not the same,but was struck by lightenting and fried. OMG wish they still made the one i had. This was great size, did what i needed it to do...BUT this is a real piece of CRAP! The seal keeps breaking, the last time it broke as i opened the door, and flipped up and burnt me. I have replaced the seals 6 times now. This last time it only lasted 3 days. And now it smells funny when i cook in it and the food has a wierd taste. Not GOOD, Not Healthy. I need to find something I can get to replace it. Too bad we dont make anything in the United States of America anymore. We rely on JUNK from overseas, and they just send us...CRAP! I would NOT buy this product. It a waste of time.
on May 13, 2011
If you can spend $350 go to sears and buy a full size oven (space permitting of course) OR go with a much cheaper black and decker model, I had to return this one to warning (that should be their name) as the seal fell off in the first week. The "convection" is also a joke. I have learned after 2 purchases a slicer and this item to stay away from WARNING!
review image
on April 7, 2011
I have had this oven for 2 1/2 years, and I have loved it. The temperature is true; the rotisserie works very well and is easy to use. It did an excellent job at everything - roasting, broiling, and baking. I do a lot of cooking and this has been a wonderful supplement to my wall oven. HOWEVER... last week it stopped working. One day it was fine; the next day it would not warm up. The lights were on, as it were, but no one was home. I called Waring and was told that the oven was warrantied for five years. They suggested an authorized Waring repair shop in my area. The next day I took it down to this shop and the gentleman there told me that only the fan is warrantied for five years - the rest of it, including the thermostat, is only warrantied for a year. I was a bit disappointed, but I asked the gentleman how much it would cost to have it repaired. He explained to me that these ovens cannot be repaired! If it had failed within the first year of ownership Waring would have replaced it, but as it stands I have no option but to throw it away. In my mind, this is outrageous! I paid close to $700 (the original price) for this appliance less than three years ago. Certainly I should have gotten more than such a short time of operation for my money. It's just ridiculous that it is not repairable. I am not happy.