5.0 out of 5 stars Crispy Foods once again!
Had this for over two months now and WOW! "Crispy fries at last!"
Seriously, I have missed crispy food since restaurants seemed to stop (esp. fries)
This unit heats to 375 degrees (it does take about 7 to 10 minutes, but that's average)
Published on February 27, 2009 by Hawk

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
I bought this deep fryer after much searching. I liked it at first, and it was easy to use. I have two major gripes:

1. It never got above 340 degrees (we checked with a thermometer). We ended up with soggy fries.
Published on September 9, 2009 by Brittany

5.0 out of 5 stars Crispy Foods once again!, February 27, 2009
This review is from: Waring DF250B 1800-Watt Deep Fryer, Brushed Stainless (Kitchen)
Had this for over two months now and WOW! "Crispy fries at last!"
Easy to clean, and parts all come out for easy access and all but the heating element can be tossed into the dish washer...
The only thing I recommend is buying an extra oil reservoir for oil changes....
I rarely recommend 5 stars, but after 2 months... the Waring got it.... Now if they could fix it so I could eat fried foods without the calories ;-D

5.0 out of 5 stars The best deep fryer I have ever purchased, October 24, 2008
I have purchased several deep fryers and I was always unhappy until now. This is the best fryer ever and at such a great price. Very easy to clean, large frying basket and the best part of all - it heats up very very quickly. Normally with my other deep fryers I was waiting 15 to 20 minutes for the oil to reach the frying temperature and now it takes me about 5 minutes or less. You will not be disappointing with this fryer at all.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, September 9, 2009

2. It was pretty big when you consider the amount of oil it tells you to fill it with. When filled to the "max" line, it only was a few inches deep. You couldn't fry like a large chicken breast without turning it mid way.

I sent it back. Amazon's return process is AMAZING! That why I gave this a star. Also, clean up with this fryer was very easy. The pieces came apart and, though I didn't put it in the dishwasher, I'm sure you could.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic product, January 21, 2009
I did quite a bit of research and found that this fryer was the one named the best. I bought for myself about 2.5 years ago and LOVE it. I found it on sale at Costco and grabbed it. Glad I did. I bought these for the adult kids and are at the best price I found anywhere else; [...]. For convenience, end result, & ease in use, you can't beat one AND you will never go back to one of those small, counter-top types again!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Waring Pro fryer, April 10, 2009
I also have a 200 model Waring and the 250 works just as well. In the last 3 years I have burned out 3 other fryers while the Waring just keeps going. That is why I bought another.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not happy with it, February 1, 2009
I purchased this at BBB. It looked good in the store. Clean up is easy. But the thermostat is way off, about 25 degrees. The maximum temp it reached (and I waited ten more minutes after the green light came on) was 354 degrees. You need 375 for nice, crispy fries. It's going back to the store.

5.0 out of 5 stars Deep Fryer, October 17, 2009
This is the easiest fryer to use--the most important to me is the easy clean up. The parts go into the dishwasher-the removable grease pan has a pouring spout and makes it so no grease is poured on surface. The food is cooked correctly. Great product!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars good buy, April 24, 2009
This fryer is an excellent consumer level fryer. The PRO tag in the model name is misleading. Just make sure you let the temperature cycle a few times with the basket submerged before you cooking a large amount of food.

Pros: capacity, price, easy to clean

Cons: magnetic plug is sometimes a PITA

5.0 out of 5 stars Golden Brown Bliss, July 26, 2009
Patrick "bFORTIFIED" (Calhan, CO, United States) - See all my reviews
Ok have had this for several years Now and it is still performing wonderfully. My couple of complaints are still annoying but certainly not enough to warrant a 4 star review.Cain't ask for much more in a kitchen appliance. I have not had one single problem with this fryer.

AWESOME! I have had many fryers i have always had a problem getting them hot enough to do french fries this fryer handles them no problem a heaping stack of frozen fry's is no match for this fryer. The temp seems to be more accurate then most other fryers. It is easy to disassemble for cleaning witch is a huge plus. Only thing i can even start to complain about is the handle on the basket is awkward when you want to store the fryer but it can come right off to save space so not a big deal. I don't think this is Warings fault but man I hate these new magnetic breakaway cords they can be really annoying and this one is no exception but I'm sure you wont find a fryer without it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome product..., July 2, 2008
Cooks food perfectly and is easy to use and easy to clean, best deep fryer I have ever owned.

Waring DF250B 1800-Watt Deep Fryer, Brushed Stainless