5.0 out of 5 stars Don't let the low price fool you--this is a great juicer!
Smart shopper that I am, I checked out all the reviews of various juicing products that I could find before zeroing in on this one. After all my research, I decided that this one seemed to be the best value and most useful version on the market, and--crossing my fingers--I ordered it. WHAT A GREAT BUY.
Things I was worried about before purchasing included noise (I...
Published on August 20, 2002

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent for a first juicer
This is my first juicer and I am not completely disappointed in it, but there are some problems. First the good parts:

1) Easy to clean for a juicer.

2) does a decent job with fruits or vegetables.

3) very good value for the money.

4) not exceptionally loud.

The problems:

1) it froths the juice too much...
Published on May 14, 2006 by Reviewer X

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't let the low price fool you--this is a great juicer!, August 20, 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Waring Pro JEX328 Health Juice Extractor (Kitchen)
Things I was worried about before purchasing included noise (I have 2 small children, and I don't relish the notion of waking and/or frightening them every time I get a hankering for fresh juice), size (our family of 4 shares a compact 1-bedroom apartment with limited kitchen space), and ease of cleaning (we have no dishwasher and a microscopic sink--just large enough to wash up the dinner dishes, one plate at a time!)
Having been exposed to various models and types of juicers in the past while working for families that practically considered juicing a religious pursuit, I knew how complex and cumbersome these beauties can be. Therefore, I was prepared to be disappointed by a loud, messy, difficult-to-operate monstrosity, if that turned out to be the case. I am QUITE pleasantly surprised by this product, for the aforementioned and similar reasons. Unlike other juicers I have seen, it is compact, relatively easy to disassemble/clean/reassemble, and makes remarkably little noise for the work it does. I made today's batch of apple-celery-carrot juice while my 7-month-old was napping in the next room and had the juicer cleaned, dried, and ready to go again before the juice had all been drunk. That's a considerable compliment, since the juice was DELICIOUS and disappeared in a heartbeat!
So far, I can come up with nothing negative to say about the Waring Health Juice Extractor, but if I think of something, I'll be sure to share the news. In the meantime, I'll be busy dreaming up new concoctions to make in my cool new juicer and admiring the statement this silver-and-onyx treasure makes on my kitchen counter! Two thumbs up!

5.0 out of 5 stars My First Juicer, November 15, 2001
Vito Giurlanda (Stony Brook, New York United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Waring Pro JEX328 Health Juice Extractor (Kitchen)
This juicer has performed very well. I like the stainless steel cup (no juice stains). The motor very powerful (400 amps) and is holding up well; I've juiced lot's of fruits and veggies so far. The strainer is a snap to clean (I recommend you use an old tooth-brush instead of the brush they give you). Cleaning the pulp after use is also a snap.
Cucumbers, apples, and pears go through very easily. Red beets take a little work. Carrots are easy, but make up the majority of the pulp. Also, too many carrots will clog up the pores in the strainer (so be careful) Romain lettuce and parsley are a little tricky. I recommend folding and juicing it first, then any fruits later. I tried cabbage; big mistake (it stinks). And, do not mix grapefruit with any veggie juice (the high acid with veggie juice tastes aweful after a few days in the fridge and is just bearable fresh).
Overall, and excellent addition to my lifestyle.

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent for a first juicer, May 14, 2006
Reviewer X (Las Vegas, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Waring Pro JEX328 Health Juice Extractor (Kitchen)

1) Easy to clean for a juicer.

2) does a decent job with fruits or vegetables.

3) very good value for the money.

4) not exceptionally loud.

The problems:

1) it froths the juice too much and that much oxygen can remove important nutrients.

2) it is loud, not overly loud, but a little too loud.

3) it does not cut up all of the fruit or veggies and you can find decent size chunks in the juicer that should have been ground up.

4) it leaks from the bottom of the juicer sometimes for no obvious reason.

5) the inside of the juicer easily clogs and the juice stops coming out so there can be a lot of loss.

6) the pulp is still very wet and with fruit you can see a lot of lost juice.

This is not a bad machine, but i firmly believe it would be better to spend the extra money and get a better juicer. Adequate for a beginner, but if you plan on being serious about juicing spend the extra money!

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to Use, Easy to Clean Up, November 2, 2005
Vic (Chattanooga, TN) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Waring Pro JEX328 Health Juice Extractor (Kitchen)
I purchased this product refurbished because I'm a first time owner of a juice extractor. I wanted to make sure it would be something I used before laying out a lot of $$. This juicer looks nice on the counter and because it is on the counter, it's used every day. The stainless steel doesn't get discolored by carrots or other fruits/veggie juices like plastic would. It's a snap to clean up, maybe three minutes...tops. The pulp isn't wasted either because it can be composted or even saved for other recipies that are going to be made that day (i.e. carrots and pineapple for a carrot cake.)

5.0 out of 5 stars my first juicer, does the job in a snap, May 3, 2006
This review is from: Waring Pro JEX328 Health Juice Extractor (Kitchen)
The drawbacks are very very minor --

the basket needs to be cleaned right away lest you not be able to get the mesh screen clean. a good kicthen brush will do once you've worn through the one that comes w/.

the noise. it's a loud machine. but who cares? I mean, ok, show of hands, how many closet juicers do we have here? SEE! no one. And no worries.

Clean up is a SNAP. I use mine every day for both fruits and vegetables. haven't made this good a buy in years!

3.0 out of 5 stars Watch out.. not a citrus juicer!, February 22, 2004
This review is from: Waring Pro JEX328 Health Juice Extractor (Kitchen)
First of all, let me say that what it does juice, it does well. But I couldn't find any obvious indicators that this juicer was not designed to juice citrus products until I got the 4th page of the manual.
I decided to keep it and use it anyway and it does work on citrus if you peel it, but it's pretty frothy. Apple juice however is done to perfection!
Overall, nice looking, powerful model that is running a little bit of false advertising in my opinion.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing machine at an Amazing Price, November 9, 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Waring Pro JEX328 Health Juice Extractor (Kitchen)
We have wanted a juicer for a long time, but whenever we looked for one, the prices were exhorbitant. We were lucky enough to stumble upon this one and after reading several good reviews decided to spring for it.
The juicer is compact and fits nicely on the little counter space that we do have. One of its high points is the ease of cleaning. I'm motivated to juice often, because it only takes me two minutes or less to clean everything out. The motor is strong and it juices several pounds of carrots a day without any struggle. It's appearance is also very classy, so I don't mind having it sit on my counter all the time. Overall, this is an impressive juicer for a reasonable price. Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars This is a great juicer, February 18, 2003
Richard (Phoenix, AZ United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Waring Pro JEX328 Health Juice Extractor (Kitchen)
This is my first juicer. After quite a bit of research, I decided to go with this one. I've been using this juicer for about a month, and I am very pleased with it. I agree with one comment on using a toothbrush instead of the the brush they give you. It cleans the filter, and especially the teeth on the blade very well. It does leak out of the seam at the top a little, but I notice this happens when I am juicing cucumbers, bell peppers, or fruits with high liquid content. It doesn't leak when I juice carrots, spinach, ginger, and other things. Not a big deal. Overall, a great product. I use it almost every day. Very easy clean up. Looks great too. Definitely worth the price guys!

4.0 out of 5 stars something to talk about, January 31, 2001
"saajida" (cleveland, ohio United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Waring Pro JEX328 Health Juice Extractor (Kitchen)
I was pleased with the preformance of this juicer.I had had a different kind of mixer given to me before and that one did not compare to grace and accuracy of this beautiful juicier. I found myself finding reasons for wanting to use this juicer. It was also easy for my children to use and clean up after. When I use a product the clean up is also very important and for that it won my heart. You will also find it conveinent to clean up after and to use. You would also find this great as a gift for someone.If you know someone who enjoys the kitchen work and not all the messy clean up then here is the gift of all gifts.

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good juicer, March 13, 2003
Daniel J. Allen "phantomstranger" (Vernon Hills, IL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Waring Pro JEX328 Health Juice Extractor (Kitchen)
This is my second juicer. My first was one of the first generation Juiceman Jr's. I used that for a good five or six years. When my wife asked me what I wanted for our anniversary I decided on a new juicer. The Waring is a pretty good juicer overall. Compared to my first juicer it leaves a little to be desired. Both the Waring and my first Juiceman Jr operated in much the same fashion, right down to a similar cutting basket. When I would make, say carrot-juice with the Juiceman Jr I would get juice and little dry pieces of carrot "sawdust". The "sawdust" from the Waring is a little wet. Also, with the Juiceman the pulp ejects while juicing so I got to juice more before stopping to clear the machine (after three or four carrots with the Waring). The Waring is definately easier to clean. Also, like some other reviewers my Waring does have a tendency to leak around the top while juicing. Bottom line, I like the Waring. It does what I need it to do. I might have gotten another Juiceman Jr but based on the reviews for that machine it seems their quality has slipped. I'm happy with my Waring but there is definately room for improvment.

Waring Pro JEX328 Health Juice Extractor