Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Adele egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Black Friday Deals Shop Now Tikes

on August 20, 2002
Smart shopper that I am, I checked out all the reviews of various juicing products that I could find before zeroing in on this one. After all my research, I decided that this one seemed to be the best value and most useful version on the market, and--crossing my fingers--I ordered it. WHAT A GREAT BUY.
Things I was worried about before purchasing included noise (I have 2 small children, and I don't relish the notion of waking and/or frightening them every time I get a hankering for fresh juice), size (our family of 4 shares a compact 1-bedroom apartment with limited kitchen space), and ease of cleaning (we have no dishwasher and a microscopic sink--just large enough to wash up the dinner dishes, one plate at a time!)
Having been exposed to various models and types of juicers in the past while working for families that practically considered juicing a religious pursuit, I knew how complex and cumbersome these beauties can be. Therefore, I was prepared to be disappointed by a loud, messy, difficult-to-operate monstrosity, if that turned out to be the case. I am QUITE pleasantly surprised by this product, for the aforementioned and similar reasons. Unlike other juicers I have seen, it is compact, relatively easy to disassemble/clean/reassemble, and makes remarkably little noise for the work it does. I made today's batch of apple-celery-carrot juice while my 7-month-old was napping in the next room and had the juicer cleaned, dried, and ready to go again before the juice had all been drunk. That's a considerable compliment, since the juice was DELICIOUS and disappeared in a heartbeat!
So far, I can come up with nothing negative to say about the Waring Health Juice Extractor, but if I think of something, I'll be sure to share the news. In the meantime, I'll be busy dreaming up new concoctions to make in my cool new juicer and admiring the statement this silver-and-onyx treasure makes on my kitchen counter! Two thumbs up!
on May 14, 2006
This is my first juicer and I am not completely disappointed in it, but there are some problems. First the good parts:

1) Easy to clean for a juicer.

2) does a decent job with fruits or vegetables.

3) very good value for the money.

4) not exceptionally loud.

The problems:

1) it froths the juice too much and that much oxygen can remove important nutrients.

2) it is loud, not overly loud, but a little too loud.

3) it does not cut up all of the fruit or veggies and you can find decent size chunks in the juicer that should have been ground up.

4) it leaks from the bottom of the juicer sometimes for no obvious reason.

5) the inside of the juicer easily clogs and the juice stops coming out so there can be a lot of loss.

6) the pulp is still very wet and with fruit you can see a lot of lost juice.

This is not a bad machine, but i firmly believe it would be better to spend the extra money and get a better juicer. Adequate for a beginner, but if you plan on being serious about juicing spend the extra money!
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 15, 2001
This juicer has performed very well. I like the stainless steel cup (no juice stains). The motor very powerful (400 amps) and is holding up well; I've juiced lot's of fruits and veggies so far. The strainer is a snap to clean (I recommend you use an old tooth-brush instead of the brush they give you). Cleaning the pulp after use is also a snap.
Cucumbers, apples, and pears go through very easily. Red beets take a little work. Carrots are easy, but make up the majority of the pulp. Also, too many carrots will clog up the pores in the strainer (so be careful) Romain lettuce and parsley are a little tricky. I recommend folding and juicing it first, then any fruits later. I tried cabbage; big mistake (it stinks). And, do not mix grapefruit with any veggie juice (the high acid with veggie juice tastes aweful after a few days in the fridge and is just bearable fresh).
Overall, and excellent addition to my lifestyle.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 2, 2005
I purchased this product refurbished because I'm a first time owner of a juice extractor. I wanted to make sure it would be something I used before laying out a lot of $$. This juicer looks nice on the counter and because it is on the counter, it's used every day. The stainless steel doesn't get discolored by carrots or other fruits/veggie juices like plastic would. It's a snap to clean up, maybe three minutes...tops. The pulp isn't wasted either because it can be composted or even saved for other recipies that are going to be made that day (i.e. carrots and pineapple for a carrot cake.)
on February 18, 2003
This is my first juicer. After quite a bit of research, I decided to go with this one. I've been using this juicer for about a month, and I am very pleased with it. I agree with one comment on using a toothbrush instead of the the brush they give you. It cleans the filter, and especially the teeth on the blade very well. It does leak out of the seam at the top a little, but I notice this happens when I am juicing cucumbers, bell peppers, or fruits with high liquid content. It doesn't leak when I juice carrots, spinach, ginger, and other things. Not a big deal. Overall, a great product. I use it almost every day. Very easy clean up. Looks great too. Definitely worth the price guys!
on May 3, 2006
The drawbacks are very very minor --

the basket needs to be cleaned right away lest you not be able to get the mesh screen clean. a good kicthen brush will do once you've worn through the one that comes w/.

the noise. it's a loud machine. but who cares? I mean, ok, show of hands, how many closet juicers do we have here? SEE! no one. And no worries.

Clean up is a SNAP. I use mine every day for both fruits and vegetables. haven't made this good a buy in years!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 19, 2005
Pros: Easy and fast to clean

No stains - steel cup

Looks nice on counter and doesn't take up alot of space

Don't have to cut up carrots in small pieces

Doesn't take long to make a cup of juice

Cons: Get a larger brush to clean the strainer

I've had juice man juicer and it was so hard to clean and the plastic would stain, so I never wanted to keep it out on the counter because it looked stained.

This juicer has a 400watt motor. I'm usually in a hurry in the morning. So I don't want to spend hours cutting and cleaning a juicer, yet I like to have fresh juice every morning. I'm happy with juicer for the great price.
on January 29, 2003
I will start by saying that I am not an expert on juicers. However, I know a good kitchen appliance when I try it. I just tried this juicer and I made a variety of juices. It handled everything I wanted it to do very well. Some juice from the oranges I juiced did not drain into the cup, but I am told that is to be expected. It kind of hung out at the bottom of the "basket" with the pulp. This seems to be a very powerful, economical, and easy to clean juicer. I was impressed at how quickly and easily it was doing the vegetables, especially the carrots. The basket and surroundings pop out for easy cleaning. A minus is that some juice tends to leak out the front seam near the top of the appliance at times (especially with the oranges). Over all, I would recommend this juicer to anyone who wants a cheap but good appliance.
on October 14, 2010
The juicer does the job but wastes so much fruit and veggie juice. After juicing when I open the top I can squeeze the leftover pulp and there is sooo much juice in it still that didnt even get into the cup. Also large chunks of carrots and celery dont even get juiced you can see them in the pulp. This is not a good veggie juicer it seems to do better with citrus fruits. The top feeder is small so you have to cut all fruits into small pieces. Its alot of work to use this juicer!!! Also the inside blade is hard to clean and there are always chunks left on it no matter how long or how hard I scrub it. Please Try a different juicer... You get what you pay for in this case!!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 31, 2002
After reading the reviews of all different models, some costing more and some costing less, I settled on this one. I have to admit I also went to a local store and saw each of the machines in person to examine the quality. And I'm glad I picked it. It is a NICE machine.
The motor seems plenty powerful and the entire unit assembles and disassembles easily.
My only complaint, and this is very minor.... with the machine properly assembled, sometimes some of the pulp manages to splash out of the machine and collect on the front of the unit. It is a very small amount, but I'm surprised the seal isn't perfect.
But if you're thinking about a juicer, I would say definitely get this one. I feel it is better than the other juicers where you have to buy an additional citrus attachment or paper filters.