Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Waring PCJ218 Citrus Juicer, Stainless Steel
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Lori Mckenna Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Color: Stainless Steel|Change
Price:$107.24 - $149.95

on June 3, 2001
I have used the Waring PCJ218 juicer for the past 6 months. I juice on average 10 oranges each day. I can state without reservation that this is a good looking, well made, powerful juicer. How good is it? I have purchased 2 additional PCJ218 juicers as gifts. Do I know what I'm talking about? I design machinery for a living. Rarely do I find consumer products to be worthy of praise. This juicer is a real gem at a reasonable price.
0Comment| 96 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 21, 2000
There are two very important things a juicer should do. 1) extract all the juice and b)clean up easily. This juicer does both. The manufacturer calls it slow, but I saw it as very powerful. By the time I juiced my second lemon, I was a pro happily throwing out completely empty half lemon rinds. It costs a little more than some of the other models, but it's also built to last. I'll probably end up having to put it in my will.
33 comments| 87 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 4, 2002
Easy to use, easy to clean. Juices grapefruit, oranges, lemons, limes, and keylimes with no problems. I like it so much I bought one for my Dad for his 70th Birthday! 5 stars!
After having used this juicer for over a year (under heavy use - 6 oranges a day) the reamer has started to slip and it makes a grinding noise. The downside of this juicer is that the center post is plastic and not metal. I'm still searching to find out if this post can be replaced. I have loved the juicer and am sorry to say that if you are a heavy juicer then try to get this on sale, if you are the occasional juicer then this will last you a lifetime. Current rating for heavy juicers - 3 stars!
on March 3, 2012
2015 Update: I'm still using the same unit. The gears do jump and skip (at least that's what it sounds like), making an awful racket. It is still making juice, so I can't really complain too much. Since I still use it to make juice 3 years later, I'm upping to 3 stars. I use it about once a month, not exactly heavy duty service.
- dbs

I love everything about this juicer except the cheap plastic gears. The base is sturdy and heavy. The motor is plenty strong. The design of the reamer and basket are effective and easy to clean. I usually just rinse well after use and it's ready to go again. The motor is a bit noisy. The reason for one star is the gears between the motor and the reamer are plastic. They've nearly stripped after less than one year of moderate use. Now the gears keep jumping cogs and the unit is extremely noisy. It is only a matter of time before the gears are completely stripped and the whole unit gets sent to recycling. What a waste. For the price I paid, the unit should be a lot more reliable. Engineers or product planners at Waring get an F for releasing this design. Do I really want to throw good money after bad for another Waring unit??? BTW, I am an engineer, and nothing peeves me more than an expensive product becoming useless for the sake of a $0.15 piece of plastic.
VINE VOICEon March 2, 2008
I own and wrote a glorious review of my Waring blender with stainless steel body which looks nearly identical to this, however, this product (listed as stainless steel) is fake! There is no metal in it. If you look carefully at the pictures, you can see it is exactly as the white one (which I assume is also plastic). They merely put a scratched mylar coating on the plastic. The other plastic pieces also seem flimsy and poorly made. The quality was much worse than my old, cheap $15 Braun juicer. The power of this unit is decent, but not so much that I think it qualifies for a $100 juicer. I would have given this a much better rating if it was half the price or if it really was made out of stainless steel. The "stainless" finish is fake and doesn't match my other stainless appliances.
11 comment| 67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 24, 2002
When I got into fruit and veggie juices last year, I made the mistake of getting a toy citrus juicer at the local department store. It was fine for a couple of oranges, but wimped out when I wanted to juice a bag of oranges. The Waring juicer has the oomph to produce as much juice as I want, usually about a gallon at a time.
The one, very mild complaint, I have is that the basket that catches the pulp is a bit too small for the largest oranges, making it awkward to do more than a couple of oranges before cleaning out the pulp. Not a big deal, unless you are always using the large oranges.
Other than that, I am very happy with this juicer! It is holding up very well after a couple months of heavy use.
VINE VOICEon April 5, 2005
I looked and looked for the right juicer. I was going to get one of those that you pull the bar down to press the juice out. I had ordered it and then learned that often the arm on it would break. What to do?! I was really wanting something that would be reliable and require the least amount of work as possible.

The Waring juicer was just what I wanted. it was actually less money than the citrus press was. It is super simple and yet it works fantastically.

There's no learning curve and the clean up is seconds.

You've got the juice capturing device and the part that actually extracts the juice to clean up and that's it. The rest is the stainless steel housing that is self contained.

It's fast, efficient and sturdy. This is no cheap machine. You don't have to worry about using a little force, if you want, though you really don't have to. I'm a strong guy and I put some serious pressure on mine and it doesn't balk at it.

Try it, you'll love it!
on January 9, 2005
My mother loves fresh squeezed orange juice, but only had the little plastic manual hand one. I bought this one for her for christmas and although she was a little weary of it at first (ELECTRONICS) she is using it every day now.

The juicer is big enough to squeeze grapefruits, oranges, and lemons/limes. It's easy to fit a tall glass under the juice dipenser and the clean up takes the same amount of time that the plastic manual juicer did. However, with this juicer you will get at least 25% more juice, there is no way you can squeeze dry an orange like that with your hands.

It's easy to use and powers up better if you press a little on the fruit.
on June 11, 2008
I bought this product because it had great reviews from several buyers. I was extremely excited when I received it but was quickly disappointed. The product had no power whatsoever. It kept on stopping each time I put any kind of pressure on the orange. Apart from looking great on the kitchen counter and very easy to clean (I have to give it that), its OJ making abilities gets 0 starts.

Buyers beware that this item is not returnable and thus not refundable by Amazon or Ace Photo Digital. If you buy it you are stuck with it. I would think twice before buying this product or any product from Amazon or Ace Photo Digital as their return policy is very restricted. READ THE FINE PRINT. I should have known when the package came without the return slip and return instructions in it.

I shop online all the time and this was my first Amazon experience. I have to say it was not a good one.
on March 12, 2006
After trying unsuccessfully to find a small juicer for my wife to use locally, I found this Waring juicer at Amazon. It works great, and most importantly cleans up quick and easy. The motor is powerful enough to make quick work of any type citrus, but most importantly my wife can use it without too much strain on her arthritic hands. We love it.