4.0 out of 5 stars First Impression
Just picked up one of these from a big-box store. Owned it for a week. Have cooked toast, open-face sandwiches, and pizza.

Pros
----
- Small footprint.
- Attractive professional looking design.
- Powerful (1500 watts).
- Can operate either in Always-On mode or using the timer.
- Competitively priced. I paid $50 for it and feel...
Published 21 months ago by Ann in Dallas

3.0 out of 5 stars Tiny Toaster Oven
Published 22 months ago by Susan G.

4.0 out of 5 stars First Impression, February 17, 2013

Pros
----
- Small footprint.
- Attractive professional looking design.
- Powerful (1500 watts).
- Can operate either in Always-On mode or using the timer.
- Competitively priced. I paid $50 for it and feel it was a good deal. At Amazon's sale price of $31.97 it's a steal.

Cons
----
- Crumb tray is a little basic. Just sits on the bottom.
- Opening glass door does not partially pull out the oven rack--a feature frequently found on other models.
- Temperatures were off by 40 degrees (on the hot side).

I'm geeky by nature, own an oven thermometer, and routinely test ovens I've owned. Seems most manufacturers set their ovens to run hot by 25 degrees or so, and these days full-size ovens frequently feature a control to fine-tune levels. But I was a little surprised to find this oven running 40 degrees hotter than indicated on every setting (150, 200, 250, etc.).

Called Customer Service to ask if this were normal. She checked with an engineer who said they do spot-check units for temperature control, some customers have made similar claims, and 40 degrees is on the high side. I live alone so can deal with it. Just placed a black line where 350 degrees actually resides.

Update: 2013-05-06
------------------
A. Agree with other posters that when toasting this unit does not brown evenly. It's not horrible but if toasting is your primary purpose, consider a regular toaster that toasts bread and bagels only.

After watching America's Test Kitchen review of toaster ovens, learned most have problems with even heat distribution. Of the 10 they tested only two browned evenly and they were $150 ovens. By watching their test method--fill the rack with thin bread slices to determine where the hot spots are--I learned to use only the right-side of my oven for toasting. Very acceptable.

B. This model is available in two colors--silver and black (just the housing; not the face plate). Amazon recently added a click box beside the main photo to chose the color. Think some buyers overlook this when submitting their order then complain they were sent the wrong color.

5.0 out of 5 stars my Amazon toaster oven, November 2, 2012
Item performs all I required of it. Dials are easy to use, timer works well and unit does not get so hot that you are afraid to touch it. It is sturdy and a convenient counter top size. I have baked pork chops, done frozen pizzas, broiled hamburgers, and warmed leftovers in it. Great toasted cheese sandwiches. I feel this Waring item exceeds expectations and is worth the price from Amazon.
DLC

5.0 out of 5 stars SMALL, COMPACT & EFFECTIVE!, June 5, 2012
i really like this well built contraption. Our DeLonghi toaster oven was slowly falling apart, screw by screw, so when i saw this cheaper product, i thought we'd give it a try. well, i love it b/c it takes up half the space as our former DeLonghi!

per the instruction manual, in order to remedy the toasting problem encountered by the previous reviewer, simply turn the lever labeled TIMER/SHADE CONTROL to the right and past "twenty" (20) for a few seconds and THEN turn the lever to the left to the desired toast setting (i.e., light, dark, etc.)

i baked some delicious wild salmon on parchment paper with the included baking pan yeterday and it tasted great! the DeLonghi pans were coated in some kind of mysterious, teflon-like substance; my concerns of which were never addressed nor acknowledged by DeLonghi customer service! even if the enclosed Waring baking components are indeed aluminum, i use parchment paper and in the meantime will scour the thrift shop for small pyrex glass dishes that will fit into the toaster oven.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to clean, July 13, 2013
Trish (Philadelphia, PA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Waring Pro WTO450 Professional Toaster Oven, Brushed Stainless Steel (Kitchen)
This toaster oven is made well and looks nice on the counter top. I've had numerous toaster ovens over the years and this is, by far, the easiest to clean. The separate crumb tray sits on the bottom and is fully removable. No need to unplug and take it over to the sink to pull the tray down from underneath the unit, like so many others. The door is easy to clean, as well, since it doesn't have lots of grooves and other nooks and crannies for gunk to get caught. Another nice feature is the adjustable rack.

The only reason I gave this four stars instead of five is because the dial to regulate the darkness of the toast takes a bit of getting used to. I burned several pieces at the "medium" range before I figured it out. It's best to watch the bread toast to get to know the settings.

3.0 out of 5 stars Tiny Toaster Oven, January 11, 2013
Susan G. (Austin, TX USA) - See all my reviews
I've been looking for a toaster oven to fill a spot on my counter and replace an older one that had become tired. I found that the dimensions on various web sites for different ovens were inconsistent and hard to decipher since most of them don't tell which dimension is height, width, or depth. I knew that a six-slice toaster oven would be too big, so I limited myself to four-slice toaster ovens and chose this one because the dimensions looked like they would fill my space, and it gets generally good reviews.

Amazon says the dimensions are 18.2 x 21 x 12.5 inches (no indication of which dimension was which). The actual dimensions I just measured are 9"H x 12.5"D x 15.75"W; MUCH smaller than in the product description (and noticeably smaller than the space I have for it). In spite of being a lot smaller than I had expected or wanted, I'll probably keep it as it is too much hassle to send it back if it works well enough. I buy almost everything online, but I think I'll buy the next toaster oven from a brick and mortar store so I can measure it before I pay for it since the online measurements are inadequate. Giving it only three stars for not matching its description.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toaster oven - just the right combination of size and features, April 7, 2013
I have been *very* pleased with this product.

It works as advertised.
Somehow in recent years, these toaster oven products seem to have become larger, more complex = more annoying.
This product is great. Nothing confusing or too complicated.
I use it to toast bread and warm foods.
Easy, efficient, not too large for a smaller kitchen.

Score!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Toaster Oven, May 17, 2013
After reading numerous reviews of different brands of toaster ovens, I decided to purchase this one. This is a well-made, easy to use toaster oven, with the bonus that it does NOT have the non-stick coating on the interior. I do not cook food in pans or ovens that use a non-stick coating. That said, it is very easy to keep clean. I have baked frozen French fries, onion rings and chicken breasts (not all at the same time) in this little oven, and everything came out perfectly cooked. As far as toasting? It works very well - even browning on both sides of the bread. I am very happy with this toaster oven. It definitely deserves 5 stars! (I have owned this for about 2 months).

5.0 out of 5 stars Just What I Was Looking For, December 14, 2012
M. Lafferman (Baltimore, MD, USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I purchased this toaster oven as a gift for my father, who I asked what would he like to have as a gift, because frankly I had run out of ideas.

So, he told me he would like to have a new toaster oven. In looking at my choices, reading the reviews, this toaster oven seemed perfect for my father, not too big or too small, so that it would fit on a kitchen counter, which this one does. It is also easy for him to use, not too difficult.

For two days now my father has called to tell me how much he loves this toaster oven. I also like that it comes with a baking rack as well as 2 different kinds of pans, so he is set.

I love to make my father happy. By buying him this toaster oven I feel like I accomplished that.

It was a very good price, and the delivery was super fast, and packed very well.

What more could you ask for?

2.0 out of 5 stars NOT all Brushed Stainless Steel, December 8, 2012
Amazon Customer (Asheville, NC United States) - See all my reviews
I am sick of buying B&D Toaster Ovens that may last 3 months to a year. The reports on this seemd to be highly favorable. This is an Xmas gift so we will not know for a few weeks if it works as well as reveiewed. BUT. Amazon discribes this as all Brushed Stainless Steel. Some reviews said no, it was black. So, I questioned both Amazon and the Waring Parts folks whom all swore the unit was all brushed SS. IT IS NOT. The face is SS. BUT the top and sides ARE BLACK. Think this may tick of the wife who has a basic white kitchen.

Update. Dec 14. Since purchasng this unit, Amazon has changed the photo which now shows the Top as being black.

Update. Jan 8. No big problem yet as the unit works well. But, the "continuous on" position for "baking" failed yesterday. You have to keep resetting the timer as ir runs out

UPDATE Sept 4,2013

Been struggling to use the unit the last few weeks, toast now uneven or 1 side at a time. Yesterday it almost caught fire and we tossed it out. Same question I always ask,

WHY CANNOT THEY NOT MAKE A TOASTER OVEN THAT CAN WORKS FOR MORE THAN 6-7 MONTHS.

3.0 out of 5 stars Color not as advertised, January 2, 2013
The product title and description state it is brushed stainless steel. However, when I received mine, the exterior was matte black and only the front was stainless steel. I emailed the manufacturer to see where I could buy the stainless steel model, and the manufacturer said they never made this model in full stainless steel. So, I don't know where amazon got their picture showing a full stainless steel toaster oven.

I still kept the toaster oven because I was tired of looking for one, and my husband was tired of eating cold sandwiches. I'm satisfied with the oven, but it has a few quirks.

1. It toasts bread really fast! You have to keep your eye on it.
2. I have used it on the bake cycle to warm leftovers in a glass Pyrex and it worked well. I'm glad to be able to move away from reheating leftovers in the microwave.
3. You have to be careful when pulling the rack forward to retrieve our food. The rack moves very fast and it has fallen out on a few occasions. There is not a lip to keep the rack from coming out too far.