on December 2, 2012
Verified Purchase
We have been using another electric fryer that we purchased from Amazon for the last 6 years. I gave my propane fryer away when we got the electric and switched to the ability to safely fry in the garage or on the deck and with the ease of auto-regulation of oil temperature. The oil dosen't get as degraded with an electric and you are able to drain it from a spigot at the bottom back into the container the next day without any muss or fuss.

This new fryer is even better.

- Less oil...2.5 gallons rather than the 7-8 that I needed in the old unit
- magnetic break-away plug for greater safety
- quicker cooking...More like 3 min per lbs than 3.5 min, just check for a temp of 160-170 (see next line)
- easy to check the birds temp, just stop the rotisserie, pull up the basket onto its safety stops and stick in a thermometer
- self draining basket, pull the basket out of the oil onto the safety stops, rotate the bird so the cavity faces down to drain and wait
- smaller and easier to clean
- compact enough to use in the kitchen
- I can fry up to an 18 lbs turkey, my older, bulkier fryer limited me to 12 lbs

One important note...go to Warings website and watch the video prior to frying a turkey EVEN if you've fried one before. You have to truss the turkey in a specific manner or the rotisserie will not work.
Verified Purchase
Easy to use as directed. Make sure to tie turkey as directions say so it will turn correctly. Doesn't use nearly as much oil as outside fryers, and easy clean up. I personally would use this outside under cover just because it does leave that famous fry smell and I'm not that fond of it lingering. Turkey came out awesome and can't wait to use on chickens and other smaller items!
on December 28, 2012
Verified Purchase
I bought this turkey fryer because I know deep fried turkey is the best! The manual comes with handy recipes and I tried the Cajun Fried Turkey one for this past Christmas dinner and family and guests complimented me on how good-tasting and juicy the turkey was. I gave it four stars because the 17.98 pound turkey cooked well at first on the automatic rotisserie rod, but towards the end the turkey just sat frying on one side in the oil without rotating anymore. And it was annoying to continuously raise the turkey from the oil and line the gears up.The directions state this fryer can cook up to an 18 pound turkey, but I guess the weight was too much for it since the gear on the spit rod didn't want to remain in contact with the gear at the front bottom of the fryer, which rotates the turkey as it fries in the oil, but eventually the turkey got done. A premium Waring Pro thermometer comes in the box and this was great in making sure the turkey was well-done (165 degrees Fahrenheit) when I inserted it into the breast. Also butcher's twine comes in the box and is very useful for tying the wings and legs close together so that they don't hit the walls and interrupt the rotating inside the fryer. I recommend buying this product, but just make sure the turkey is 13-14 pounds; I think the gears will remain in contact.
on November 18, 2013
Verified Purchase
I have owned this rotisserie fryer for a year now. I am writing this to validate some of the comments here and to clarify some details given in the Waring video. First, the TF200 WILL NOT FRY an 18 lb. turkey. No way. I have found that for reliable performance 14 lbs. is the max. Next thing I want to comment on is some comments that the fryer will not maintain a temp high enough to get a truly crisp skin. IT WILL DO SO IF, you follow Warings advice to allow the bird to come to room temperature. Also, my input is to let the turkey sit over night on a rack in the fridge so that the skin dries. And then let it come to room temperature before frying it. Do so and you'll get the best fried turkey you've aver had. That's it folks. This thing works as advertised with the lone exception of the 18 lb turkey claim. Love it. Highly recommend it.
on October 2, 2013
Verified Purchase
I decided after reading many reviews that I wanted to have one of these for deep frying turkeys as it would allow me to do so indoors safely and would not require the constant attention that my outdoor cooker needed. Additionally it would allow me to deep fry turkeys regardless of the outside weather year round. From the results that I got I have concluded that although this unit makes a great turkey, it does not achieve the same level of overall crisping and browning that my outdoor cooker provides. This seems to be due to the fact that my 15 lb. turkey causes enough of a fryer oil temperature drop that most of the cooking stays in the 300°F range most of the cooking time whereas the outdoor cooker maintains the full 350°F throughout the cooking time. It never recovers the initial temperature setpoint despite the high wattage heating coil in this unit.

Other than that, it does a fine job and is a well made machine that is easy to use and clean therefore earning 4 stars instead of 5. This is also not to say that I will never use it for turkeys again but during the spring thru fall weather months I may use my old outdoor cooker. For other frying uses such as chicken wings; it does an outstanding job. Have not tried it yet for steaming but I have no doubt that it will be great for that as well.

In conclusion, I have no regrets buying this machine but am a bit disappointed that it does not maintain temperature setpoint for turkey frying.
77 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on February 11, 2014
Verified Purchase
I was hoping I didn't make a mistake by ordering the more expensive turkey fryer/steamer, but I feel confident I made the right decision. I have had it for a few months now and I have fried several items including: a whole turkey, 2 whole chickens, 2 whole pheasants, 4 Cornish game hens, tilapia and hot wings. Sometimes I use the rotisserie and sometimes I use it like a deep fryer. Everything has come out perfect and delicious. I like that you can leave the oil in it and use it several times. I set mine up outside by the covered grill so it would not stink up the house and it has worked perfectly - even in near freezing temps. Another awesome feature is that the whole thing dissembles into 4 or 5 pieces for easy cleaning. After pouring the old oil into its old container, I move the whole operation out into the grass. With a little dish soap and a scrubber, i can get the whole thing cleaned up in about 10 minutes. I haven't done the steamer thing yet, but it looks like fun.
on October 2, 2013
Verified Purchase
I have been frying Turkey for 10 years the old way out side every Thanksgiving.I would stand out side with the phone in one hand reddy to call 911 and a firextnguishers in the other,no more now i can stay inside and watch foot ball and deep fry my Turkey,and it's just as good as my old fryer it's a lot safer and i like the Rottsserie and only 2.5 gal of oil not 4 to 5 gal of oil. if there were 10 stars i would give it 10 . a happy camper in AR.
on December 8, 2013
Verified Purchase
First use was Thanksgiving 2013. Initial impression out of the box was flimsy. Edges have the potential to cut if not handled carefully while cleaning. Huge bonus is that it uses only 2.5gal of oil.

Let's get to it:

-Pre-plan for oil heating time.

-It has a ding timer to alert you only. It does not shut off the cooker.

-As they state in the instructions you need a dedicated outlet, we blew a breaker because someone tried to make coffee.

-We decided to try and make optimal use of the oil so we had three 14lb turkeys and a large chicken. These were cooked consecutively, with the only down time being removing and loading each bird. Just a side note, we flavored all four birds differently.

-It is essential that you securely tie the legs and wings so they do not pop out and hinder rotation. I didn't do the second one well enough and a wing popped out and stopped the rotisserie. Trying to re-tie a hot turkey over hot oil was a challenge (and unwise), so be smarter and pull the turkey out if you need to re-tie it.

-Keep paper towels or a towel handy to throw over the lid immediately after you put the lid on because the oil splatters out the openings.

-Plan your turkey cook time so that it can rest 20-30 minutes before cutting. Allow for carry-over cooking and pull the birds out approximately 10 degrees before desired temp. This will help keep the meat juicy, providing you allow for rest time. Being able to stop the rotisserie to temp check is awesome.

-Use care when lifting the turkey up. It is very nice being able to lock in the turkey above the oil.

-Don't forget to drain the oil out of the cavity before moving to platter. I bought an aluminum roasting pan for each turkey as that made it much easier to deal with, instead of plates and platters.

-Do to the learning curve, the last bird was the best. By the 4th bird we realized our oil was shot. We never added any oil throughout the cooking. I did drop the necks and giblets in after we pulled the last bird and they cooked up fine. However we were pushing our luck with all the protein in the oil. Two and a half gallons of oil for 4 birds, not bad.

Results-fantastic & easy.

CLEANING

-I drained the cooled oil into a plastic 3 gallon empty cat litter jug, perfect. The entire unit easily breaks down for cleaning. I soaked the basket and rotisserie in the sink with some Dawn dish soap, that clean- up was a breeze. Since we cooked 4 birds the oil was beginning to burn on the sides of the tank. Again, a good soak and it cleaned up nicely. Takes a lot of water of course to clean it up.

-Attention to detail. The rotisserie gear had burned on food. After soaking I took a toothpick to clean the gears. Not a huge chore but needs to be done before you cook again.

-Handle the pan carefully while cleaning as that is where you might cut your hands on the edges.

I love that it's portable to go house yo house. Love the drain!

SPEED

-Incredibly fast. Less than an hour per turkey. It was absolutely incredible. Fourth turkey was close to being burnned but was awesome nonetheless. Great crispy skin and juicy, if you are a skin person you love it.

Next week possibly a shellfish boil.

All in all this cooker was well worth it. I think the rotisserie feature sets this apart from all of the other fryers.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on November 19, 2013
Verified Purchase
It works very well. We tried a 5# chicken to learn how to use it before we do a turkey for Thanksgiving. It does take longer then
what the manual stated of 4min per pound. It took 40min to reach the temp of 160 deg in the bird. Other then that it worked very well.
on January 20, 2013
Verified Purchase
This product was everything my wife and I were looking for, and more. We are "indoor" people who were always a bit envious of our outdoor friends who could fry a turkey. We've done game hens and beef so far and all have been excellent. Thanks for your product.

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations