5.0 out of 5 stars Frank
After reading all the issues with flip waffle makers I was rather hesitant to purchase one. I was originally looking at the Warring 300 (single unit) but having heard issues with the hinge, i decided not to. Upon looking at this double unit, I feel the hinge is definitely better and purchased it.

I typically use Bisquik for my waffles. Nothing all that...
Published on June 2, 2010 by Fly2high

1.0 out of 5 stars Great Features, but Poorly Made
The plastic wire housing at the back of the iron is poorly made and broke within two months of light use. The housing can't be repaired and the crack has rendered the iron unusable. For $95, I assumed that I was purchasing something with higher quality.
Published on March 23, 2011 by Sean Sylvester

5.0 out of 5 stars Frank, June 2, 2010
This review is from: Waring Pro WMK600 Double Belgian-Waffle Maker (Kitchen)

I typically use Bisquik for my waffles. Nothing all that fancy. I seasoned the iron with vegtable oil. The first time i filled the included cup, spread it out and it slightly spilled out - not much at all. I had the unit set for 4.5 since we prefer crispy waffles. I flipped the unit and poured in slightly less. I flipped it again. Oddly enough, the second pour was on the bottom and was done first. It came out a bit dark but more than usable. It stuck a bit. Poured more in and the first pour was done. It was lighter. Moral here, quantity is just as important as temp setting. Once I figured it out, all were golden brown. Later we preferred the temp at setting 4.

Also, I can see why some of the hinges can fail on flip units. AS the batter puffed up, it can put strain on the hinge possibly damaging it. My suggestion is to use less mix at first and creep up to full with your mix so you can determine the right amount to use that will not stress it. I had the top waffle pop the top open so I can see how it could stess the hinge.

I gave this a 4 our of 5 because I hate the fact that there is no indicator on the handles which way to turn it. I ended up putting a silver sharpie arrow on each to indicate which direction it will turn freely in. I think some could damage the unit if forced to turn in the wrong direction. Also, I found that you had to be particular how you took the waffle out. If taken out by a dividing line or not causes them to stick more easily. I did find that sticking was lessened the more I used it. I seasoned per the instructions but set it up on #6 temp setting during seasoning. It could be I need a bit more oil in the mix, too.

To me this is a real keeper. The waffles are crispy and delicate within. The outer crispy layer is thin real nice. I had a 10+ year old cuisinart before and it made the crispy layer a bit too thin. this is much thicker and better. I would recommend it to everyone. this unit is 1400 watts.

UPDATE 12/13/2012 - LOVE THIS WAFFLE MAKER!!!! I ended up getting a small ladle where 2 scoops with the ladle would fill it perfectly. Not sure exactly of the size but if I had to guess I would say it was a 2 oz model. Waffles come out with no problem. I use it nearly every weekend and got a plastic bag to put over it since it sits on the shelf of a microwave cart. No issues with the hinge. Still setting ti up on #4 for cooking. Have tried Hungryjack Buttermilk Complete and it does make a nuttier flavored waffle. Little nicer than the bisquik. the only downside is it is thicker. Not as light and airy as Bisquik but close.

I have done waffles with walnuts chopped up and blueberries. both are awesome and none have stuck. Do not remember the last time I have seasoned it either. Do not really think it needs to be since everything comes out easily.

Had my uncle over and decided to see if we could keep up eating with how fast we could make them. This thing still can kick out a cooked waffle from either griddle in 3 mins. Even with 3 mouths going, we had to throw in the towel. It is cool to be able to feed several people and have all eating in close proximity of time. Most other waffle makers will have one guy eating while the rest are watching.

Definitely would recommend this. I changed my review to 5 stars since the marker arrow completely stops me from picking the wrong direction to turn. Not an issue to me.

1-9-2013 - Someone remarked they added directional arrows so the owner knows which way the griddle can turn. Mine does not have them. Also, I tried to use HungryJack Buttermilk Complete instead of Bisquik for waffles. They did have anice nutty flavor but unfortunately they did not crisp up like the Bisquik ones do. Not sure if it is all the oil (1/4c I think) or what. they just do not come out as crispy. I tried the Martha Stewart flip the waffle back and forth between my hands trick and it did help for a few moments after cooking. If left to sit, they were soggy. No fault of the maker - only the batter. Still love my maker and it is still going strong.

1-16-2014 - Waffle maker still going strong. Decided to try the Krusteaz Light and Fluffy pancake mix (blue box) and I wasn't super pleased with the results. I couldn't find the Begium Waffle mix so I tried this one instead. The pancakes were fine and actually very good but I didn't love the waffles. Pancakes were light and even when overcooked did not form a tough crunchy skin like some do. The waffles were not as crisp as the Bisquik but better than the Hungryjack Complete I tried before. It had a very vanilla flavor almost like StaPuft marshmallow flavored. No issues nor complaints on the waffle maker so far. Still going strong and I have yet to season it again after the initial Mazola corn oil seasoning I did way back in the beginning. Never used a silicone cooking spray either. I can't believe this thing is approaching 4 years old. Thank you Warring for a good product. I am satisfied and no, I am not paid for my comments. Just a happy consumer who works on a computer all day long and takes a break from the monotony of the day to post.

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect waffle maker!, December 28, 2010
This review is from: Waring Pro WMK600 Double Belgian-Waffle Maker (Kitchen)
I've owned several waffle makers, always with something lacking. One made cute heart shaped waffles but they tasted less than average. Another made good waffles but you had to set the timer and I'd often forget. Then I decided to try this one
I doubt I'll ever want a different waffle maker, it makes the perfect waffles, times itself, easy to use and clean! There is nothing missing. I'm told the waffles are the best ever, crispy outside, light and airy inside. If you don't love waffles, buy one of these, and try the recipe below and you will be HOOKED. I make a batch of them and freeze the leftovers, my daughter can pull one out of the freezer, put it in the toaster oven and they are nearly as good as fresh.

Best Waffles Ever

1 and 3/4 cups milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla
3 egg whites - beaten stiffly

Mix all dry ingredients. Combine yolks and milk. Stir into dry ingredients. Stir in oil & vanilla and mix. GENTLY fold in beaten egg whites, do not over mix.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Waffles!!!!, March 14, 2010
This review is from: Waring Pro WMK600 Double Belgian-Waffle Maker (Kitchen)
This waffle maker makes the best waffles ever! They are large and you can make 2 at once. Machine is easy to use, beeps when it has heated to the correct temperature, add your batter and it beeps again when the waffles are ready. Simple and DELICIOUS!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hard To Please, January 8, 2011
This review is from: Waring Pro WMK600 Double Belgian-Waffle Maker (Kitchen)
Normally, I'm fairly difficult to please (ask my wife of (42) years)! Anyway, I travel quite a bit, and alway enjoy waffles in restaurants, when I order them. On the rare occasion when my wife or I make them at home, on a weekend, they're never as good as when traveling. So I thought I'd try once more to try making them at home, and start with buying a new waffle maker. We bought the double waffle maker, because that way we can both sit down at the same time, and eat breakfast together.

We were amazed at the quality of the waffles, this appliance made. My wife likes her waffles soft and doughy while I like mine well done or crisp. No problem with this waffle maker because each waffle is cooking separately, but at the same time.
We are so pleased with the Waring Pro, that we purchased another one for our son and daughter-in-law for X-Mas and they too, are enjoying theirs.

We also, strongly purchasing the malted waffle mix that is available on Amazon

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast waffles, even cooking, excellent product, March 29, 2014
This review is from: Waring Pro WMK600 Double Belgian-Waffle Maker (Kitchen)
We have had this waffle maker for a couple weeks and have used it twice. It was purchased to replace a 15 year old Cuisinart model that suddenly stopped working. The reviews for this model were very good and the ability to cook two waffles at the same time looked like a great feature to feed everyone at the same time.

The waffle maker has arrows to tell you which direction to turn it after pouring the batter which is very helpful. We like crispy waffles, so we cook them at 5.5 and once we are full, we cook the rest at 4.5 and freeze them for reheating in the toaster. When the waffle is ready, the light for that waffle turns green and it beeps. The waffles come out crispy on the outside and light and fluffy on the inside. We use a family recipe for the batter, so I can not comment on how it works with pre-mixed options like Bisquick.

Pros:
1 - The double cooking action lets you turn out waffles fest enough for the whole family.
2 - The waffle holes are deep enough to hold syrup, fruit, whipped cream, etc.
3 - The included measuring cup make it simple to pour consistent waffles
4 - Cooking is even and quick
5 - Waffles lift right out with no sticking

Cons:
1- None so far

4.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, July 15, 2010
This review is from: Waring Pro WMK600 Double Belgian-Waffle Maker (Kitchen)
I bought this for my husband for Father's Day, and it has not disappointed! The ability to make two waffles at a time is wonderful for a family, and this maker cooks both sides evenly and well. Although the first time we used the Good Night Waffles from the included recipe book, every other time we have just used Bisquick for time purposes. It works perfectly well in this waffle maker.

The one thing I would recommend would be to not judge the waffle maker on the very first batch. It takes a full go-around to truly get it seasoned, and not all of the first batch of waffles will cook perfectly. Also, it is necessary for the cook to learn preferred cooking time. If I had it to do all over again, I would use an inexpensive mix such as Bisquick for the first time and then experiment with the "real" Belgian waffle recipes after growing accustomed to the appliance.

The only reason I rated it four stars instead of five is because I'd love to see removable plates on an appliance like this. It is a relatively easy waffle maker to clean, but by nature waffle makers are just going to be hard to clean unless the plates can be removed. With the rotation of the appliance, however, I don't know how feasible the removable plates are.

All in all, we are thrilled! This will greatly increase our waffle consumption, I'm sure!

1.0 out of 5 stars Great Features, but Poorly Made, March 23, 2011
This review is from: Waring Pro WMK600 Double Belgian-Waffle Maker (Kitchen)

1.0 out of 5 stars Every time it burnt the bottom side and didn't cook the top side, July 11, 2013
Jasmine A (Redwood City, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Waring Pro WMK600 Double Belgian-Waffle Maker (Kitchen)
I bought this based on the amazing reviews on amazon. I so wanted this to work for us! I used the recipe in their manual and every time it burnt the bottom and under cooked the top. I must have gotten a defective one. HMMM! How can over 280 people are happy enough to give this 5 stars if the result was like mine! But I didn't want to take a chance with a replacement and got a refund! I took lots of pix. I'd have to figure out how to upload them...

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, September 23, 2014
This review is from: Waring Pro WMK600 Double Belgian-Waffle Maker (Kitchen)
I love it! Makes making waffles so much easier! I have no complains at all! I would definitely recommend this product. I've used it maybe 5-6 times since I got it, And it has worked great every single use.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Perfect Gift For A Loving Wife, October 26, 2010
This review is from: Waring Pro WMK600 Double Belgian-Waffle Maker (Kitchen)
Well, SHE wanted it as a gift--I didn't!

(The "gift" reminded me of the days when we used to give our Mother pots and pans, or cookable foods like cookie mix for Christmas...until we learned better!)

Anyway, our 37 year old waffle maker finally died. So it was time to get a new one. After careful research on waffle iron manufacturers and types, my wife gave me the approval to purchase the Waring Pro Double.

She loves it. I love it and my son loves it--because it make my wife happy. My wife of 37 years makes waffle batter from scratch on some of the family breakfast days. She loves the gizmos, convenience and speed of this product. The cooking temperature (time) is fully adjustable, too.

As of me, I love her waffles.

...but not nearly as much as I love her. And I augmented her Waring Pro gift with another more personal gift as a surprise. :)