4.0 out of 5 stars Wine bottle opener
Published 23 months ago by Bargain Hunter

1.0 out of 5 stars Love and Hate
Published 19 months ago by Jerry A Glanzman

4.0 out of 5 stars Wine bottle opener, November 7, 2012
This review is from: Waring Pro WO50B Cordless Wine Opener with Vacuum Sealer and Foiler Cutter, Black (Kitchen)
The Waring Pro W050B Cordless wine opener is just fantastic. I received one when redeeming my points from my credit card. I was so impressed with it that I quickly got online to find where I could purchase more. Amazon directed me in the right direction. I have purchased 3 more openers, one for each of my sisters. All of them agree it is one of the better birthday gifts they have recieved. It works well, just as demonstrated on the Waring video I viewed before ordering. I did read reviews from other owners and that helped me make the choice of this product. I recommend this product for anyone looking for a wonderful gift or one for themselves.

1.0 out of 5 stars Love and Hate, March 26, 2013
The Opener itself worked great. The Charging base quit working 2 months after I received it. Called Waring and they would replace it if I send the whole product back costing me at least another $10 to $12 in postage (very heavy) for an already expensive opener compared to others. I was willing to spend more for what I thought would be a quality product. They would cover the postage of the replacement back to me. Resulting in me having over $50 in a wine opener that as far as I know could suffer the same fate in a couple of months as the first one. I feel they should have covered the return postage so I would not have had more invested and they could show they FULLY stand behind their products.
Will not buy ANYTHING from Waring again and advise anyone to consider this when they are ordering. I threw this one away and bought an Oster. Warranties that keep costing me money on the same item is no good to me.

1.0 out of 5 stars DREADFUL CORK SCREW, October 23, 2013
This corkscrew does not work with plastic corks.
Once the cork is extracted you must use a screwdriver to wedge the cork against the wall of the opener to get enough traction to remove the cork from the opener.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad, October 16, 2013
This is the worse electric opener I have owned! 95% of the time it did not screw the cork back out! I had to put a knife in to push cork to the side for it to come out! Several times I have had to wait till morning to get the cork out, battery drained!! Will never by this product again!!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Nice wine opener slowly turns into a piece of junk., December 12, 2013
Seth Bowers (Chicago, Illinois United States) - See all my reviews
If I rated this during the first 6 months of use, I would have given it 5 stars. Now, however, this is a piece of junk that doesn't do anything. When I got it, it worked flawlessly. After about 4-5 months I had to sort of tease the cork out as the motor seemed to peter out. Now, I can't even get the bit into a cork. It is trash - avoid this purchase, unless you are looking for an expensive foil cutter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Wine Opener I've Ever Owned!, May 12, 2014
I absolutely LOVE this wine opener! The foil cutter cuts effortlessly and I've gone through several foil cutters that were more expensive that did not work as well as this one. It fits nicely in the front of the charging unit, so you don't have to dig through a drawer to find it. The vacuum sealer is a nice added surprise. The wine opener is amazing! The first time I used it, I forgot to have a tight grip on the bottle, which started spinning once the cork screw dug in! I love the act that you just have to press the down arrow and wait for the opener to stop, effortlessly lift it away from the bottle, then press the up arrow and watch your cork emerge!!! I wish the charging unit/base was a little "heavier" because it does shift when removing the foil cutter, but I've gotten used to just supporting it with my other hand. The opener works so well and is so convenient and attractive to look at, that that minor issue is a moot point to me. I've given SEVERAL as gifts and my friends LOVE it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality product that works really well, March 23, 2014
Bought this to replace a cordless Rabbit wine opener received as a gift. This product is far superior to the other in terms of quality and ease of use. No effort to open bottles; charge seems to last a long time (per company instruction manual, up to 80 bottles uncorked per charge -- we've not consumed 80 bottles since purchasing it but are inclined to take their word for it); being cordless means that it can sit unobtrusively anywhere or in a cupboard between uses / charging. Highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product!, March 21, 2014
Love this product but it may take a little practice to get the cork removed effectively. It basically unscrews the cork out of the bottle for you, where as the Screwpull or the Rabbit pulls the cork directly from the bottle. All you need to do is cut the foil first, then align the Opener over the cork, while holding the bottle with the other hand, press the downward arrow on the Opener until the cork is fully released. The same technique applies for plastic corks. I place then replace it back on the charger ready for the next bottle of wine. This is a great vendor to work with, great service and fast delivery. If you decide to purchase this product, you will love it and throw away your Screwpull or Rabbit like I did.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works every time., March 10, 2014
This is my third one I've used over the years and it works well as expected. The battery usually lasts for 3+ years which is normal for a ni-cad battery. At this price, you can't beatit.

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems to be a wonderful product, December 10, 2013
Unit was working great for a long time. Now seems to be having trouble pulling the cork up with one try