Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Orange Box - Xbox 360 forum

Warning. Amazon is planning to ship Orange Box LATE.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-19 of 19 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 6, 2007 9:43:01 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 6, 2007 9:44:25 PM PDT
ChomskyKnows says:
They are reporting an Oct 15th ship out date. That's a week late. Lame. I'm cancelling my 1-month-old pre-order. What good is a pre-order Amazon? You almost ALWAYS ship late. People sometimes wait years for things like this to come out Amazon. What is your problem Amazon?

CANCEL YOUR ORDERS! BUY IT SOMEWHERE ELSE!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 7, 2007 11:42:05 AM PDT
K. Lewis says:
That seems a little harsh to an estimate delivery time. Amazon always states things on the "safe" side for delivery, but I have always had it delivered sooner than what they say. I think anyone who orders a game like this from Amazon realizes they could get it faster by just going to a local store, so what exactly were you expecting?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 7, 2007 12:54:03 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 7, 2007 12:55:18 PM PDT
ChomskyKnows says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 8, 2007 11:43:58 AM PDT
K. Lewis says:
So then why do you keep using Amazon if this always happens to you. You are correct about the number 1 statement, but you are making quick assumptions for number 2. I don't doubt there are issues with the order process for you, but why not just go to a local store? If you know it is a continuing problem for you, move on from Amazon.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 8, 2007 5:22:21 PM PDT
Marcus,

Is your "Flatout: Ultimate Carnage" game on the same order as your Orange Box one? Have you chosen to "Ship the items as they become available" or to group the items together to save on shipping?

I worked Amazon.com customer service for two years, and the thing most people don't understand is that if you add two separate items to the same order and leave the default on "group them together" to get the free shipping, the warehouse will do just that. Amazon is about saving money if the customer doesn't explicitly state that they want specific items on the order NOW. Also, the system is 95% automated. It doesn't know the difference between the release date of a set of silverware and Halo 3. It will treat them the same, even though the experience from the customer end may be viewed quite differently.

If your Flatout game is on an order by itself and hasn't shipped (AND they say it is in stock), call them. I don't remember the 800 number anymore, but you can Google it.

However, if it is on an order with an item that takes longer to ship (1-3 weeks, isn't released yet, etc.), then either deal with it to get the free shipping or go into Your Account and change it. Simple and easy. Either way, quit your whining about it.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 8, 2007 7:32:42 PM PDT
ChomskyKnows says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 9, 2007 2:27:47 AM PDT
It has now switched from this item will ship on October 9th. TO October 11th.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 9, 2007 3:58:28 AM PDT
G says:
Mine says shipping estimate today the 9th for delivery the 11th.I'm a prime member and Im using free 2 day shipping.It hasnt gone into the "shipping soon" stage yet,hopefully it will later today.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 9, 2007 10:12:03 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 9, 2007 10:12:56 AM PDT
LEADSPECTRE says:
Mine already Shipped, so UPS already have the game and the delivery date is October 11th! checked it on UPS.com

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 9, 2007 10:43:51 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 9, 2007 12:57:54 PM PDT
Cwcastillo says:
Same here. Mine just shipped and delivery date is October 11!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 9, 2007 1:30:54 PM PDT
my copy shipped as well today. YAY! Getting tomorrow PRIME!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 9, 2007 2:53:15 PM PDT
K. Lewis says:
I am going for el cheapo shipping, so I am waiting for it to ship Oh well. that is the price of free.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 9, 2007 3:38:16 PM PDT
G says:
Prime member here and mine still hasnt shipped,but its still estimated to ship out today.Sometimes they ship it late and it gets to me in 1 day instead of 2 *crosses fingers*

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 10, 2007 7:00:06 AM PDT
John says:
Prime Member here has well. Received this in an email this morning.
"The Orange Box (Contains Half-Life 2, Half-Life 2: Episode One,
Half-Life 2: Episode Two, Portal, and Team Fortress 2)" [Video Game]
Estimated arrival date: 10/16/2007 - 10/17/2007
*shock* I preordered this well over a month ago. Of course, when I go to cancel the order, "this item is shipping soon". *shock* Next week ain't "soon" for a Prime Member. I've had pretty good service up until this but I'm still slightly peeved.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 10, 2007 11:47:18 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 10, 2007 11:47:42 AM PDT
G says:
Vader I got the same email and now if you look at the item you can get a copy delivered this week.

It's absurd and I sent them an email and all they could say was that they were sorry.

I'm pissed.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 10, 2007 2:55:44 PM PDT
K. Lewis says:
Yea, even if you look at it as a regular item, it says "in stock, ready to ship". So, ship mine right now!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 10, 2007 4:15:34 PM PDT
G says:
Well now I'm happy,they just shipped mine for delivery tomorrow :)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 10, 2007 10:01:38 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Oct 11, 2007 5:33:47 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 11, 2007 4:48:20 PM PDT
K. Lewis says:
Amazon, I defended you, but now you still have not shipped my game. I shake my fist at you!!!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  9
Total posts:  19
Initial post:  Oct 6, 2007
Latest post:  Oct 11, 2007

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Orange Box - Xbox 360
Orange Box - Xbox 360 by Electronic Arts (Xbox 360)
4.7 out of 5 stars (375)