5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!
Published on June 16, 2012 by shopper2010

1.0 out of 5 stars terrible
I certainly wasted my time on this book. I kept thinking it would get a lot better--It didn't. Then I was so upset because it left you hanging for 3rd book (I didn't know it was 3 books). I will NOT waste my time or money!
Published 8 months ago by R. Christe Sutherland

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, June 16, 2012
This review is from: The Warning (A Sarah Roberts Thriller, Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
Let me start this review with a warning - if you do NOT like swearing then you should pass on this book. I would rather let you know right up front so you don't give it a bad review based on the fact that you don't like swearing. The swearing is part of the dialogue & it makes the story & situations more realistic. There is no sexual content other than the fact that there is something going on (don't want to ruin it) that does involve sex.

This is an extremely fast paced book that makes you want to read it at one sitting because you want to know what happens next. Sarah, the main character is very believable & gutsy. Four years have passed since we read about her in Dark Visions. She is still saving lives based on the information her dead sister passes on to her but this time she has had some training to help her get out of serious jams.

Her sister passes on some information that puts her in the thick of things right from the beginning of the book. Some of the characters are brought into the story from Dark Visions so that makes it interesting as well. There is no romance in this book which in my opinion is fantastic. I get tired of the two leads falling for each other in five seconds or less. I think it takes away from the story in most cases. Some authors do it very well but there are just a few.

If you like fast action packed books then this book will not disappoint. I can't wait to read the next in the series & am off to purchase the next one. Great job, Jonas Saul.

5.0 out of 5 stars Didn't want to put it down.., March 20, 2011
Anni (Kelowna, BC Canada) - See all my reviews
This was a great book and kept me hooked from the first page till the last. A well written book, numerous twists and turns and a thrilling ride to the end. I can't wait for book 3. I highly recommend reading it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down!!!, August 23, 2012
My husband and I both loved this book. It usually takes him FOREVER to read a book, but this one just sucks you in until the very end. I didn't know it was the second in the series so be aware of that, although enough background info was provided to fill you in if you hadn't read the first. The only negative reviews about this book are from people upset that he said it was a Mormon compound.....come on! It's a fiction book!!!! And a great one at that! I will absolutely be reading The Crypt next to find out what happens in the third book of this series.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, September 1, 2012
I enjoyed the Warning as it did a wonderful job of crossing over from more traditional crime fiction into the supernatural. The plot builds slowly, with the note, the order to stand down, and the reader becomes just as curious, and slightly intimidated, as the main character. The tension builds and there are enough twists and turns to make it a very satisfying read. Recommended.

1.0 out of 5 stars terrible, May 5, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Fasten Your Seatbelt and Settle in for A Paranormal Thrill, August 16, 2011
If you have not yet sampled his books, Jonas Saul is the best author you aren't reading. This book is a page turner from start to finish with plenty of twists and turns tht make this a heart pounding read. Sarah Roberts is an unforgettable character - and without giving away any spoilers - a heroine that keeps you glued to your seats. This is a five star thriller with a paranormal edge and a book that leaves you wanting more. Jonas Saul is making his own mark as a stellar author. Read the first few pages and you'll be hooked - the same way I was.

1.0 out of 5 stars Author needs to do more research, August 21, 2012
I enjoyed the first book of this series. I started enjoying this second book until I read very disturbing things written about the 'Mormon" religion. I think Jonas Saul needed to do a little better research instead of making one religion look bad because it's name is close to anothers. Warren Jeffs was the head of The FUNDAMENTALIST CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER DAY SAINTS, or FLDS. The FLDS church are not the "Mormons". The nickname 'Mormon' is given to members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. 'Mormons' do not live in gated compounds. 'Mormons' do NOT marry off their children at 12 or 13 or any age. 'Mormon' adults are free to choose whom they marry and when, and it is to another consenting adult, not to a child! 'Mormons' do not practice polygamy. If they do, they are excommunicated from the church. And never, never are marriages consummated in the temple. It's really a shame, because I enjoyed the story line from this series and would have enjoyed buying much more, but I take offense at the 'Mormon' religion taking a beating because of a different religion who broke off from the original many, many years ago. A little more research and this problem could have been solved. Maybe talking to a Mormon and asking some questions would have helped tremendously.

1.0 out of 5 stars The Warning, May 15, 2014
Very good title because you have been warned, the language is awful. I love thriller books and have read bunches of them that are NOT filled with bad language. Clean up that and maybe I'd consider reading the rest of the series. However, I did delete the others I had already to read because of this. So buyer, beware!

3.0 out of 5 stars Sarah is one tough sister!, August 16, 2014
I love free books from Amazon, and even better when they are good reads. Sarah Is avenging her sister's death and does it with as much bravery as any male hero we encounter in books. The characters were fairly well defined and the story line proceeded evenly. The editing was good with only one questionable sentence structure hat I noticed (not often I can say that for ebooks). I'm not a real fan of books in a series as they often start you in the middle of something you can't quite understand or leave you dangling on a precipice that you are unsure you want to follow to the ends this did neighthee.mif I don't read the rest of the books in the series I at least felt I got a full story in this one. I'd recommend it as a fast enjoyable read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Psychic Hit!, August 4, 2012
Another strong novel by Jonas Saul. An intriguing story of a girl who's life is guided via psychic messages from her dead sister. Truly suspenseful throughout the story - it keep me on my toes with all the plot twists. Great descriptive scenes allow the reader to become part of the story.

I'm a definite fan of Saul and look forward to reading more of his books. Definitely a must read for psychic thriller fans.