5.0 out of 5 stars A Perfect Companion To The Alchemist
I loved "The Alchemist". The idea of pursuit, and ultimate achievement told in fable manner generated both optimism and hope for me. ANd the theme of the story "When You Know What You Want, The Whole World Conspires With You To Achieve It" is one of life's most beuatiful lessons.
"Warrior of the Light" expands on the themes Coehlo set...
Published on March 31, 2003 by Karl Miller

3.0 out of 5 stars Worth some nuggets
Published on October 8, 2005 by Tania L. Von Allmen

5.0 out of 5 stars A Perfect Companion To The Alchemist, March 31, 2003
Karl Miller "kemspeaks" (Phoenixville, PA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Warrior of the Light (Paperback)
"Warrior of the Light" expands on the themes Coehlo set forth in "The Alchemist", providing everyday lessons for reaching the enlightened status of The Warrior. It's a convenient to carry pocket sized manual, and is great to pick up for a moment's inspiration in the pursuit of dreams. The style of the manual is more of a meditation than The Alchemist, and the book is broken down into short paragraph form, allowing the reader to take a lesson, think over its implications and incorporate the action into daily living. Among the many lessons covered in "Warrior" are the value of failure (a key to all of Coehlo's writings), respect for the universal elements, living through your dreams, and acceptance of nature.
I keep two copies of "Warrior" handy - one on my desk at work, and one on my nightstand at home. It is a great book to simply open, absorb and meditate on. And the lessons of the Warrior make for great living on a daily basis.

5.0 out of 5 stars Warrior Wisdom, November 16, 2006
This review is from: Warrior of the Light: A Manual (Paperback)
"That is why he is a Warrior of the Light, because he has been through all this and yet has never lost hope of being better than he is." -from the book.

I love how this book shows the good and bad of our human nature and blesses it all. We all have within us the light and the dark. Which one will we allow to guide us? We are whole because of both.

This book is encouraging and truthful, and full of wisdom. As you read this, you will take a look inside yourself and acknowledge what is there. This is a good book to keep out where you can pick it up and read something from it often. It's great to keep by your bedside for light reading before bed, or in the morning when you get up.

"In order to have faith in his own path, he does not need to prove that someone else's path is wrong." -one of my favorite passages from the book.

I hope you'll read and enjoy this too!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Manual for Fighting the Good Fight, June 1, 2006
This review is from: Warrior of the Light: A Manual (Paperback)
Again, Coelho succeeds in providing inspiration and spiritual direction in life. This book acts a guide to becoming a superior human being on a journey toward genuine success and greatness. Paulo is has absolutely tapped into the truth of the universe. Thanks again for a great book that I can apply to my Daily Walk. Highly recommended.

3.0 out of 5 stars Worth some nuggets, October 8, 2005
Tania L. Von Allmen (Folsom, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Warrior of the Light (Paperback)
This book reminds me the technique used by sitcoms to pull flashbacks from a whole season of episodes, stick an opening and closing on each end and call it a new show. For that reason, I did not feel it was quite as enjoyable to read as The Alchemist. Stylistically, Alchemist is like an Old Testament narrative where Warrior is like reading Proverbs. There were, however, some wonderful "nuggets" of pure gold that I find myself reading over and over - even commiting to memory. It is a worthwhile volume to have and would recommend it to any reader who enjoys Coelho's work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Concise Wisdom, September 11, 2004
This review is from: Warrior of the Light: A Manual (Paperback)
It made me stop and evaluate my life. It is not a long book, nor a novel. While it should be a fast read from the size of it, but it value comes from the amount of time you spend thinking about its content.

5.0 out of 5 stars One limping warrior, March 25, 2007
This review is from: Warrior of the Light: A Manual (Paperback)
I found this book an immense pleasure. It relieves me of the need to think I must be perfect to be of any use. It can also be used as a daily meditation book. I find every page enlightening

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the most life changing books ever, October 19, 2004
This review is from: Warrior of the Light (Paperback)
This has to be one the greatest books written. it has the simplicity, that even a child can read it, and the complexity that just one phrase will have you thinking for hours about it. It has a small story, and that story shows how anyone can attain what they truly want. You can read this book once, and then again and again and again. The book is nothing with too much philosophical or other kind of views, it has very understandable parts to it. You wouldnt want to put this book down after you read the first page!

5.0 out of 5 stars Review, May 7, 2004
Ivy (Salt Lake City, Utah) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Warrior of the Light (Paperback)
To truly be kind and good, you need time, patience and morals. The Guide to The Warrior of Light, by Paolo Coelho, is a remarkable and inspiring book. I could feel Coelho's message to the reader, that he believes that there can be a Warrior of Light in each and every one of us. To wake up the good and the true within us, that is what Coelho wants to achieve for the people who read the book. When he tried to get through the point, about generosity, love, pity, and compassion, you feel as if the writer is in front of you, opening up his soul like you're old friends, sharing those feelings and emotions. The story line is more philosophical than any other of Coelho's books, and wakes up beliefs within the reader, that all of us can change and aspire to be Warriors of Light. It is a beautifully written book that I would recommend to everyone.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not too good, not too bad, December 13, 2004
This review is from: Warrior of the Light (Paperback)
I'd say one sentence from one of the Editorial Reviews sums up this book best: "The volume preserves the basic spiritual tone of The Alchemist, but readers expecting comparable depth and substance will be disappointed."

That's pretty much it. First off, if you haven't read Paulo Coelho at all, I'd suggest the best place to start would be "The Alchemist." And if you like that book, this one would be a good "companion." But the depth and substance don't quite match up, as the other reviewer said.

It is difficult for a book that uses "simple words" and simple situations to be powerful, and Coelho pulled it off in "The Alchemist." In this book, he didn't.

The book is a collection of expanded aphorisms, truisms, profundities, all in a kind of mixed bag. They seem to follow no particular pattern - there is no build-up that I can see. You can pretty much open to a random page and read that page, and then a different page the next time. Some of them make a lot of sense, some are profound, yes, but at the same time, some are lacklustre. Also, the use of the "warrior" theme is not always conducive to the carrying of the message. Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't.

I give "Manual" 4 stars because even if a fourth of the material is worth reading, it's worth having read the whole.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfort reading, January 19, 2007
This review is from: Warrior of the Light: A Manual (Paperback)
What I like most about this book is that it celebrates the journey of life by putting equal value upon the inevitable successes, failures, mistakes, heartbreak and joy we all experience along the way. The book imparts comfort along with it's wisdom, very important I think.

Warrior of the Light: A Manual
Warrior of the Light: A Manual by Paulo Coelho (Paperback - Mar. 2004)
$14.99 $8.69