Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc blink-182 Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Hardcover|Change

on March 15, 2013
I absolutely love this book! It has some heartbroken moments and the edge of your sit scenes! I can't wait to read the new books! But I'm not a particularly patient reader! Last time I read warriors after it was completed so I got to buy and read all the books at once. So it was 2 months of constant reading so I hope the second book comes fast!
on March 11, 2013
I admit that in the last two series (power of three and omen of the stars) I was losing faith in the Erins and warriors... but this starter as both redeemed warriors and has made me impressed! The new main character is totally somebody you can attach to, perhaps one of my favorite now!
Danger is lurking around every corner, and that's something I loved about this book, there is tension and unpredictable things in the story! I'd recommend this book to anyone who is looking for an adventure story!
on October 21, 2013
This was a book my 10 year old 5th grader picked out to read at bed time. We read it together, and the topics and lessons through out the book were great. My child cannot wait until book #2, and we've discovered there are several other Warriors series, that we are going to be reading as well. Great book!
on March 10, 2013
This book was awesome! It always kept me wanting more and was never boring or slow. It was bad enough having to wait for it to come out..... it is going to suck waiting for the next one. Erin Hunter hasn't let me down yet, and I bet the next book will be even better than the last, although this book will be pretty hard to top. GO WARRIORS!!!!!
on April 6, 2013
i absolutely love this series of books. i cannot wait for book 2. i'm a almost 70 year old woman who has been a SF fan all my life, also a lifelong lover of cats. these books fulfill both loves. please don't ever stop writing the Warrior series.
on April 14, 2015
Let me begin by saying that it’s not every day that one of my students not only recommends a book to me, but puts it into my hands and tells me that I should really read it so I can understand what they’re talking about more. Okay, point taken. Warriors it is.

Within the Warriors series, there are a few “sub-series.” Dawn of the Clans is the prequel--the beginning of it all. It shows how this group of cats traveled down from high mountains, seeking new territory and finding their place in a new land. We follow Gray Wing as he struggles with the idea of leaving the only home he’s ever known in order to find a place with enough prey to sustain a tribe of cats. As the cats travel down their mountain, they encounter many dangers, some of which take the lives of their friends and family. Gray Wing and his litter mate, Clear Sky, struggle with loss and their relationship with one another as they travel and finally arrive in a place that seems peaceful and like it could be called home.

I can see how animal lovers, especially cat lovers, would really enjoy this book. The cats have their own lives, relationships, feelings, families, and loyalties. They converse with one another, are angry at one another, and have rifts that at times tear them apart. It seems like this is what should bring this story together and help create characters out of these animals, however it falls short. Not only are there so many cats (enough that I was often confused at which cat I was reading about), but their interactions with one another are somewhat contrived. For example, when Clear Sky’s mate dies tragically, Gray Wing blames himself because he was with her. He cannot speak with Clear Sky because he feels so guilty. It’s obvious that Clear Sky is upset. When they finally do speak, surprise! Clear Sky blames himself and never even thought of blaming his brother. There are a number of instances like this that make it difficult to read.

With all of this being said, I have to remind myself that this is written with a younger audience in mind. My students love this series, like I said before. I, on the other hand, am not as thrilled with it. The dialogue is often unbelievable (perhaps because cats don’t speak in reality) and it seemed like the story just repeated itself. They hunt, they eat, they walk. They hunt, they eat, they walk. There was an awful lot of description of the hunting and what they ate, which makes sense because what else does a cat do? In between the hunting and eating and walking there were episodes of suspense and fighting or running for their lives. There are times of discovery and awe as the cats see something for the very first time. There are even times of discussion among the cats, although those were mostly during hunting or eating or walking.

My suggestion is to skip this book, unless you are a kid who loves cats. In that case, you’ll probably love this book and hearing about all the crazy cat things they do. You might even compare them to your own cat.

Check out this and other reviews at http://livingalifeinbooks.blogspot.com/2015/04/review-warriors.html
on January 22, 2016
My son loves the Warriors books. For a 14 yr old who typically wants a video game over a book, this impresses me. He enjoys the pace and writing in these novels, and the subject matter interests him. He even named a pet after a character in this series.

The book arrived quickly and was new, as stated. A great value as well. I now get all of his Warriors books on Amazon.
on December 7, 2015
My daughter who is 11 is HOOKED on this series. I cannot believe how fast she is a making it through all these books. I can't complain about spending the money especially when she is reading!! Thank You so much for writing a series to get kids interested in reading!! She will stay up way past her bedtime reading. It's hard to argue with her when she says just one more chapter.....
on June 25, 2013
I am so glad you made a new series *jumps around* uhh my mentor flutter heart is calling ! Goooooood bye friends long live warriors!!!
on October 3, 2014
I read all of the Warrior Books before (or chronologically after) this one, and was excited when they said that they would be doing the back story of the Clans. But, I didn't think that I would enjoy it this much! As always, it was well written, with good developed characters, and plenty of action and suspense. The ending had enough foreshadowing to keep me waiting for the next book to be published.