5.0 out of 5 stars The story behind one of WindClan's greatest leaders.
This review contains a few mild spoilers. :)

Published 17 months ago by tbeaven

3.0 out of 5 stars An interesting story...
I have read all of the Warrior books that the Hunters have written, and have enjoyed most in one way or another. I was not as impressed with this book as others like Bluestar's Prophecy and Crookedstar's Promise. One thing I quickly noticed was in the allegiances- there was a warrior named Halftail in ThunderClan but when he was a warrior, he was called Sparrowpelt. His...
Published 4 months ago by Mossheart of RiverClan

5.0 out of 5 stars The story behind one of WindClan's greatest leaders., July 11, 2013
This review is from: Warriors Super Edition: Tallstar's Revenge (Hardcover)
This review contains a few mild spoilers. :)

I thought this was a great book. The beginning was a bit slow, but it picked up. I thought it was so cool how Tallstar and Jake were best friends: I had no idea Tallstar knew Firestar's father! I also liked the relationship between Tallstar and Shrewclaw. It reminded me a bit of Firestar and Dustpelt. They were never "friends", but it was easy to see that they would have died for each other.

I also liked how Tallstar's character was developed. In the series, he's wise and peaceful, so I assumed he would be that way in his Super Edition. Not so! Tallstar was mean, lean, and hungry for revenge. All until a very surprising twist. ;)

I highly recommend this book. It wasn't as good as Crookedstar's Promise, but I enjoyed it and I'm very glad I read it. May StarClan light your path!

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Book, Need a Few Changes, July 2, 2013
(SPOLIER ALERT - DO NOT READ WITHOUT STARCLAN'S PERMISSION)

Over all, Tallstar's Revenge was AMAZING, and I'm not joking. Tallkit was always trying to prove himself to Shrewkit, with calling him Wormkit in the expectation of Tallkit becoming a tunneler like his father, Sandgrose. Shrewclaw was never a friend to Talltail, but their loyalty between the two was far better than any kind of friendship in WindClan.

The end, however, did seem a little rushed from the time Talltail returned. He did achieve his goal, but not in the way he wanted it to end. We still have no idea how his deputyship was, or how he got it. Reedfeather did have his shoulder injury that wasn't healing properly, but Talltail wasn't ready for the deputy position at the time. Heatherstar was right in appointing Talltail, for example, based on his adventure, courage and his loyalty to WindClan, Jake, Sandgrose, and Sparrow. The ending of Tallstar's Revenge reminded me of how The Last Hope ended, seeing how the Final Battle was rushed between Firestar and Tigerstar, and Firestar's dying far too quickly.

I recommend this book to anyone who loves Warriors, who love the thrill of the wind between their whiskers, the blood pumping through them as they charge down to face the enemy, who relax in the sun during greenleaf, and the thrill of entertaining kits on their first wonder around camp

-Owlblizzard of ShadowClan

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Story, Good Super Edition!, July 28, 2013
After reading this Super Edition, I believe Tallstar's Revenge should be read before Bluestar's Prophecy then start the first Warriors series since Tallstar is older than Bluestar.

As for the story, very good. I like seeing Tallkit growing up to Talltail then attaining leader as Tallstar. He wasn't a kit and young warrior I thought he would be since Tallstar was always noble. However, a Warrior needs struggles to become a great leader and Tallstar did have that in his younger life.

**Spoiler**

I just wanted to thank the Erin's for letting the readers get to know Jake, Firestar's father. I had always wondered about him with first mention of Jake in Bluestar's Prophecy with Pinestar becoming a kittypet his last life. Jake really does sound like Firestar so I can easily see the relationship. It's wonderful Tallstar made a life long friend like Jake that shaped the lives of the Warriors, Tallstar definitely saw a friend when he eventually met Firestar due to Sandgrose's prophecy during Tallstar's leader ceremony.

/spoiler

I highly recommend the story. I loved the story and hated that it came to an end. Luckily I can always read it again!

4.0 out of 5 stars A surprising take on a character's past - a gripping read, September 5, 2013
This review is from: Warriors Super Edition: Tallstar's Revenge (Hardcover)
I realise these books are for 12 year olds, but I'm 20 and I love them!

I thought Tallstar's Revenge got off to a more gripping start than many Warriors books, as the beginning sequence of events gets increasingly depressing. I really felt for the characters involved, felt hurt on Tallpaw's behalf by how he was treated, etc. One interesting idea was that of Tallstar seeking revenge - I thought "Tallstar" and "Revenge" could never be seen in the same sentence. This book shows how Tallstar went from being an angry, troubled young warrior to the wise, peaceful old leader from the regular books. I loved his friendship with Jake, which balanced out the darker aspects of the story. It also emphasised that being a housecat and proud of it did not make Jake any less of a person (cat). Another thing I found intriguing was the backstory of certain secondary characters, notably Tallstar's mother. It was hinted that she had depression (post natal, maybe?) which affected their relationship, yet was never explained.

If I could criticise one thing, it would be the lack of clear reason as to why WindClan had rogues visit every year, when warriors are normally overly defensive towards other cats. Another would the rate at which the characters aged. Tallstar was given nine lives and lived until series 2, book 4. Barkface was older, had one life and went through the same hardships as Tallstar in series 2, yet lived until the beginning of series 4. The ongoing inconsistencies in the books have always bugged me, although I still love them. I would also like to have seen more of Tallstar's time as deputy and leader. Overall, this is a great read, especially for any Tallstar fans who want a firsthand account of his backstory.

5.0 out of 5 stars Warriors super edition: Tallstar's revenge, July 22, 2013
I chose this rating because I truly believe that this book deserves it. There is not one thing I would change about it, and I would recommend it to others who want to know what courage, peace, and finding where you truly belong are.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, September 21, 2013
This review is from: Warriors Super Edition: Tallstar's Revenge (Hardcover)
I absolutely love this book. High on my favourites. Has sad parts that make you want to cry, a happy party's that make you smile. Also has parts that make you laugh. Overall, this shows great character development and shows how young Tallkit becomes Tallstar.Great viewpoint from WindClan, really shows things we had no idea about. This makes me start to like Hawkheart again after Bluestar's Prophecy.Has a great viewpoint of Jake, and shows us how grief can change who you are, and by having a great friend can make you a much better person - or cat in this case.10/10

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Book, September 9, 2013
I liked this book a lot. Good way to show young readers that "getting even" isn't always the best way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, September 1, 2013
This book is amazing! And i never would have thought that we would have learned some stuff about Firestar. This is probably one of my favorite stories of the clans. If you have read as far as where The clans find their new home in the original books than i suggest you read this book

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, September 1, 2013
I loved Tallstars revenge. It was a great book and I definitely would recommend this book to other WARRIORS fans. I must say Tallstars revenge definitly got my emotions to act up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, July 23, 2013
This book is maybe the best warriorcats book I have ever read so much emotion and now I know who Fire stars dad Is.

Warriors Super Edition: Tallstar's Revenge
Warriors Super Edition: Tallstar's Revenge by Erin Hunter (Hardcover - July 2, 2013)
$18.99 $13.10