Was Heath a good Joker?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 26 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 1, 2010 4:15:53 PM PST
S.C.W.C. says:
Was this one of his best performances?

Posted on Mar 2, 2010 10:23:22 AM PST
His being the joker or Heath? The Joker --- you need not ask!!!!!!!!!!!! HENCE NO ONE ANSWERING IN LIKE FOREVER. As for Heath, he was a great actor and by far I have not seen all of his work; thus I cannot say. His range was incredible and we lost somebody in the film industry who may never be replaced (at least in this generation).

Posted on Mar 4, 2010 8:50:44 AM PST
John Doe says:
I'd say it was, a lot better than playing a gay cowboy, haha

Posted on Mar 6, 2010 9:25:57 AM PST
S.C.W.C. says:
Yes, I should have asked if Heath's Joker was really as good as many seem to say it was? Outstanding or mediocore? (Don't know if I spelled that right)

Posted on Mar 6, 2010 9:26:29 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Mar 6, 2010 9:26:51 AM PST]

Posted on Mar 6, 2010 10:35:50 AM PST
P. J. Crecca says:
I have not seen all of his films, but in my opinion there is not a better, more memorable character portrayal in a comic book or science fiction film than Heath's Joker. Darth Vader is a close second, but still second. Heath will be missed.

Posted on Mar 10, 2010 7:39:48 AM PST
yes he was a great joker, I personally don't think a Dark joker can be done better then he did.
but the best all around joker is Mark Hamill

Posted on Mar 10, 2010 3:30:49 PM PST
BEEZER says:
When I first saw that he was cast as the joker, I thought it was a ridiculous choice. After I saw the performance I was wrong, simply awesome!!

Posted on Mar 15, 2010 5:24:12 PM PDT
What kind of question is this...YES HE WAS A GOOD JOKER

Posted on Jun 3, 2010 1:38:42 PM PDT
Zach says:
of course he was...dont be silly

Posted on Sep 9, 2010 1:21:47 PM PDT
Amnesty says:
He was a fine Joker, but he was certainly no Mark Hamill. For a character named the Joker I want my actor to make him a fun obsessed psychopath, not some sad goth boy who is more Crow than Joker. Sure the Joker is a murderer and crazy, Heath nailed that, but he lacked the dramatic comic flare. You know who would have been a better Joker, Joel Mchale.

Posted on Dec 17, 2010 3:27:30 PM PST
Dark Bulbs says:
Mediocre Joker at best.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2010 1:06:10 PM PST
N/A says:
Even if he was mediocre, he was better than Nicholson.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 31, 2010 6:23:20 PM PST
Joe says:
Too bad he was trying way too hard to 'channel' Nicholson. Very 'see through' acting.

Posted on Jan 4, 2011 2:24:20 PM PST
Evildoo says:
A perfect joker for this film.... his mannerisms, his demented style, his philosophy: Chaos....

I was pissed when I heard Heath was the next joker now I eat my words n respect the hell outta him

That scen when he blew up the hospital in that nurse outfit.... classic,

Why so Serious???? That's exactly how I picture joker a demented genius

Posted on Mar 27, 2011 1:36:47 PM PDT
You're kidding right? Heath Ledger's portrayal of the joker was the best part of the movie in my opinion.

Posted on Mar 29, 2011 6:25:14 PM PDT
best performance i have ever seen in any movie. r.i.p.

Posted on Jul 24, 2011 5:25:53 PM PDT
wolfgang says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Aug 14, 2011 4:21:42 PM PDT
B. Kiser says:
I'll give you a straight answer. I wasn't one of those guys freaking out because Ledger died. He's just another person to me, although I did enjoy him in A Knight's Tale. The answer is yes, he did an excellent job playing the Joker. He got a lot of the Joker's mannerisms down pretty good, added a couple I didn't care for, and definitely had the macabre "feel" of the Joker that they comics had. He did FAR better than Jack Nicholson did in playing the role.

Posted on Dec 12, 2011 11:55:42 AM PST
In my honest opinion, Heath Ledger was a great actor. While I, too, have not see all his films..I will say, every movie that I have ever seen him in, he's never acted the same in (as say someone like Nic Cage). I felt his performance as The Joker was one of the best I've ever seen. His portrayal was quite disturbing and realistic, which is why I think people took to his version best.

As to who is the best Joker overall? Everyone who has played The Joker in recent memory(Jack Nicholson, Mark Hamill, Kevin Michael Richardson, John DiMaggio) have added their own touch to what The Joker is and I really couldn't say. I think they all rule.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 1, 2012 12:40:18 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Jan 1, 2012 6:57:07 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 31, 2012 7:16:32 AM PST
O. Idris says:
His performance was nothing like Jack's. Compeltely different voice and laugh and mannerisms. You seriously need to watch TDK again. Jack's joker never had those twiches and lip licking and the hunched over posture.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 31, 2012 7:18:54 AM PST
Idris says:
Heath immersed himself into the character. Jack did not. Jack played jack in makeup.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2013 2:31:57 PM PDT
dako says:
Should learn your movie history. Jack was one of the few who wholeheartedly believed in the first Batman movie and took his character very seriously because of it. Yes he shows himself within the role but it works perfectly. Nothing against heath, but jack did indeed immerse himself within the joker and the performances are on par for me. One could also mindlessly say that heath just ripped off the crow and tom waits.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 18, 2013 11:37:43 AM PDT
Kam Cruz says:
You're not understanding the depths of acting. Jack did a good job as he always does, but he didn't bother to change his voice or his mannerisms. Watch the animated series or read the comics. Jack was not fully immersed. Full immersion is considered changing everything about yourself for a role. Other than makeup, nothing about Ledger's performance had anything to do with The Crow. Not the voice. Not the mannerisms.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

ARRAY(0xa75e6a68)

This discussion

Participants:  23
Total posts:  26
Initial post:  Mar 1, 2010
Latest post:  Feb 17, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Dark Knight [Theatrical Release]
The Dark Knight [Theatrical Release] (Theatrical Release)
4.3 out of 5 stars   (2,338)