Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Eli Paperboy Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on December 18, 2011
Ok, like many of you out there, I have put forth a prolific search to find extra batteries for my Canon Products. I love "real" Canon stuff, however I do not like the fact that Canon (and every other camera/printer manufacturer) will rape you when selling you support parts for your cameras and printers i.e. batteries and ink.

You have finally found an OEM compatible manufacturer...

I use Wasabi batteries in both my Canon camcorder as well as my EOS products. The Wasabi batteries perform well if not better than a true Canon battery. This specific Wasabi will charge to a full 400 min charge and really last that long. They also hold a charge well just sitting around in your camera bag. You do get two of these batteries and a charger that will charge these batteries as well as the original Canon batteries. The Wasabi batteries do register and display proper charge data with Canon camcorders as well as with other Canon cameras; and you get all of this performance for less than half the cost of one actual Canon battery.

I hope this review helps you make a decision, and puts you at ease in your purchase.

(This review is not a plant by Wasabi, nor is it a slander of Canon) I love my Canon stuff, I just wish the company would not capitalize on the extra items that you need for their products. Batteries should not cost $125.00, and printer ink should not cost 40% of the total cost of the printer that it is being used in. Canon, you really should rethink the pricing of your cameras and printers if this is what it takes to turn a profit. Wasabi, thank you for filling the supply; for the demand, and doing it right!

I'll be reviewing some ink cartridges in the next week or so. I will try to link an update at that time for any of you that are interested.

Merry Christmas Everyone!
on May 27, 2011
Now, I have read reviews that say your camera wont be able to communicate with NON OEM batteries and you wont be able to see the battery life still left available - HOGWASH. I have owned Canon GL1's & GL2's, Sony VX2000's & VX2100's and NOW the NEW Canon XA10 and the XF100 and ALL of them work/operate/report and perform Perfectly fine with Wasabi Power Batteries.

I had pre-ordered my Canon XA10 back in January and waited til it arrived before purchasing additional batteries. The Canon BP 808 that came with the camera is a tiny lil battery that at 850 mAh does not last very long (maybe 1.5 to 2 hrs) BUT this BP 827 Wasabi Power replacement battery is a MUST have. At 3 times the size and 3000 mAh it runs ALL day. I probably used it 6-7 hrs last Sat without problem.

Dont get all worried because I mentioned it is 3 times the size. Your looking at 4.25 OZ instead of the original being 1.5 OZ. I have 2 of these BP 827 and and a mid sized BP 819 at 1500 mAh only plan on using the mid size BP 819 and the original BP 808 as a last ditch back-ups. Oh, WAIT - i didnt mention the BEST part. This BP 827 not only lasts 3 or 4 times longer BUT is actually cheaper than the Canon OEM original. (sorry Canon)

Matt - Professional Videographer Since 1993, I am not affiliated in any way with Wasabi - I just think you cant beat them for the price and power.

UPDATE: 7/17/2015

The very 1st Wasabi Power Battery for Canon BP-827 I purchased back in 2011 (I know because I labeled it #1) Finally died last month. Wont charge or power on any of my XA 10's. Pretty good life span. I just purchased 2 more and have faith that they will last just as long
77 comments|25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 20, 2011
I'm super happy with these batteries. 2 extra-life batteries, charger, car adapter all for less than the cost of one standard oem battery. These batteries integrate perfectly with my canon camcorder in terms of estimated battery life time indicator. They last about 3 hours each. The only thing I did notice is that when charged in the camera, they don't seem to fully charge and don't get as good a battery life in the camera. When I took a "fully" charged battery off the camera and then put it into the Wasabi charger that came with the batteries, it charged for quite a bit more time and then had a longer estimated run time when put back into the camera. So I just use the Wasabi charger to charge the batteries and I'm a very happy camper.
on October 16, 2011
These batteries are a life saver, the batteries included by canon with my HF-S100 and XA-10 only lasted about 90 minutes on a charge, and Canon's batteries are very expensive, even for the lower capacity ones. These wasabi power batteries give me about 350 minutes of recording time on the XA-10 and and about 310 minutes on the HF-S100. The batteries also communicate remaining charge accurately with both cameras. The included charger also charges the batteries much faster than charging through the camera, and the car adapter is very helpful to me as I am often outdoors shooting wildlife and scenic shots. This is my third wasabi power purchase, and I am convinced that they can't be beaten in terms of price and functionality, two extend capacity batteries and a charger for less than the price of one Canon battery, its absurd really. Blue Nook has always quickly shipped orders as well.
on June 20, 2011
This battery works perfectly well and communicates remaining time to both my canon HF S100 and my XA10, on the first charge it shows just over 300 minutes runtime for the HF S100 and 365 minutes for the XA10 that's over 3 times the battery life of the stock batteries. Wasabi Power seems to make a very good product. Much cheaper than the canon batteries.
on June 1, 2011
I have used one of the batteries so far. my stock battery gave me 112 mins. this battery gave me 363 mins. But they are big and will come past the rear of the camcorder 3/4" on a Canon HF M41. the battery is 2-3/8" long. I would definitely recommend this battery. Wasabi is used by many in the community. I posted pics on the avsforum web site. search under camcorder for Canon HFM4xx Owner's Thread. avsforum-dot-com
on February 3, 2012
Works perfect in Canon Vixia HF G10, and Canon Vixia M30. great price... Camera shows battery life remaining... Over 400 minutes on a full charge!!!

Keep in mind no charger is shipped with this, so pick up a quick charger as well... Charging it in the camcorder will likely take a very very long time.
VINE VOICEon March 22, 2012
I've used this quite a few times now with the Canon XA10. I also have a much more expensive Canon battery, and there is no difference between this and the canon one. If I had to get another, I'd definitely go with the Wasabi.
on January 13, 2016
I've purchased 3 of these Wasabi BP-827 replacement batteries for my Canon Vixia HG21 Camcorder so far.
They've all died within a year unfortunately. I see all the glowing reviews for this battery, but honestly, I haven't seen a review from a customer who have used their battery for more than just a month, or even more than just a couple of days for that matter. Most of the reviews are posted only after a few days of use. I want to know that a battery can last and hold 70% its charge even after 300 charge cycles. These unfortunately didn't last beyond their 150-200th charge as they all just died on me and won't even power on the camcorder anymore.

Since they're fairly cheap, I won't say it's a terrible purchase. Just don't expect them to last very long and be prepared to replace them every year or so. That said, I just noticed that they have a 3-year warranty. I'll find out if they'll actually follow through with their warranty. To be continued...
on June 15, 2015
Was a little skeptic about whether it would work for my camera or not looking at the battery details. In the title of the Battery, it says it works for the HF G20, but in the description there is a list that shows compatible cameras and the HF G20 is not there. I decided to take a chance to see if they truly would work and low and behold, they do! they also last much longer than the battery that came with my camcorder