5.0 out of 5 stars Remove battery from charger easily! (And review)
Customer Video Review     Length:: 1:32 Mins
This video is on how to solve the problem with the Wasabi Power battery stuck in the charger. This is an EXTREMELY easy fix with no side effects!
Published 17 months ago by jc92

1.0 out of 5 stars Wrong voltage for charger
The battery charger is set for240 volts.
It only charges to about 1/2 or less on120 volts.
This is so the same charger can be used with both voltages. I presume that it will charge fully with 240 volts
It definitely does not charge fully with 120 volts.
**I had the same thing happen with a small one cup water heater designed for 240 volts. It does heat...
Published 16 months ago by I'd Rhoads

5.0 out of 5 stars Remove battery from charger easily! (And review), July 25, 2013
This review is from: Wasabi Power Battery (2-Pack) and Charger for Canon LP-E8 and Canon EOS 550D, EOS 600D, EOS 700D, EOS Rebel T2i, EOS Rebel T3i, EOS Rebel T4i, EOS Rebel T5i (Electronics)
Length:: 1:32 Mins

But as for the product itself I am very happy with it so far! The batteries last a very long time because they sent me batteries with 1800 mAh! The charger is decent and it comes with adapters! You can NOT beat this price! I will definitely buy this product again!

I forgot to mention that there isn't a chip in the battery to tell you how charged it is. This can be a problem, but I've managed to get used to it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product!, September 28, 2011
I purchased this set to go along with my Canon T2i and am very pleased with it. The batteries hold their charge well and seem to recharge quickly...because I do mainly video work, battery life is a must and these fit the bill very nicely. I have not used the car charger attachment as of yet but it looks pretty sturdy. Of all the batteries and chargers I looked at, this is the best deal (the whole kit is a fraction of the cost for a single "Canon brand" battery) for a great product.

5.0 out of 5 stars the fit the t3i! just a small catch when unplugging them., May 29, 2013
the batteries do what they are made to do! even comes with a car charger for when im on the go.

just a small catch about taking the batteries out of the charger, rock them to the left and right, dont try to take it out the way you put it in. it wasnt made for that and i can see some people getting mad and breaking the batteries.

if you look on the charger there is an arrow, this indicates that you rotate the battery that way to take it out.. i didnt see it at first haha

5.0 out of 5 stars Performs like name brand equip yet, price is ultra-low!, June 18, 2011
I try to save as much as possible on anything that I purchase. I checked the specs for this unit and it is identical to "name-brand" equip at a fraction of the "name-brand" price. AND THESE ARE JAPANESE CELLS = BEST QUALITY!! Two lithium batteries at same voltage as the original Canon LP-E8 except, 250ma more amp-power which results in longer battery life that is all. Amperage is like horsepower whereas with "sensitive" electronics, voltage needs to be consistent and these are. The Automobile battery charger is the main reason I purchased this and I figured, having two extra batteries and an extra AC charger, just adds more benefit to the deal.

5.0 out of 5 stars What? To my surprise!, November 27, 2012
This kit has been upgraded! Picture shows 1500mAh batteries by Wasabi. I received, to my surprise, 2 - 2000 mAh LP-E8's!!! What a fantastic deal for two 2000 mAh batteries plus AC/DC charge options along with a European power adapter! Will definately buy these again. Recently paid $9.95 for Opteka LP-E8 2000 mAh batteries from other Amazon vendor. It's like getting the charger for free and who can't use another charger! Great Product, Great Price!

5.0 out of 5 stars as advertised, so far so good, May 15, 2013
Colorado kid (Longmont, Colorado) - See all my reviews
I've hesitated ordering these batteries because of the negative reviews some have posted. I just got my order of 2 batteries and charger. Like is represented in the photos, mine are from Japan, not China. They fit in my Canon t4i camera and yes, the camera does show a charge bar on the LCD when I looked. As someone else suggested, I will use these 2 batteries 1st, and then use the OEM Canon battery last just to be sure the Canon battery shows the charge level on the camera LCD. Oh by the way, when I looked the OEM Canon battery says: made in China. As others have stated, the charger included in this package is a little too tight for my taste, hard to remove the Wasabi or the Canon battery. I solved this by using an Emery board (nail file) to carefully sand each of the 4 protruding nubs that cause this too tight fit. Be careful, I took off too much, but it works great (I use a large 1/4" wide rubber band like the kind used around Asparagus when you buy it at the market) around the charger and battery that is in place. Works perfect for tension to hold in the battery. Be sure to blow out all the dust from the filing. Haven't tried the batteries using the camera, so I'll pass on that end of the review.
I have a 8yr old Panasonic camera that the OEM battery was made in Japan, and that is the only battery that has lasted all this time. I hope these last as long for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outperforms Canon LP-E8 by a Landslide!, August 27, 2013
The 2 Pack of batteries have outperformed my factory battery by leaps and bounds. I received a pair of 2000mAh batteries like many other people have and they simple shoot all day. I am a professional photographer and rarely use anything that doesn't have the Canon name on it. What a mistake. With a fully charged battery, you can simply take thousands of pictures. I have taken thousands of pictures with these batteries and they are flawless. Worth every single penny!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Get a good charge with this Hot little item from Wasabi, May 23, 2013
Dion A. Rap (Mile High & a Mile Deep) - See all my reviews
I'm very pleased with these batteries and charger. Since I'm a cheap ol' bugger, I didn't want to pay the premium for the Canon name on the Battery. I'd purchased some other brand of battery and they are really poor. They don't have power to last anywhere near as long as these Wasabi batteries. The charger works fine both AC and 12v in the car. Inserting and removing the batteries isn't great, but it isn't much different than the Canon charger. Fixing that little problem seems a no-brainer, but would require a slight re-design of the charger (Canon's also).
I'm very pleased.

4.0 out of 5 stars HELP! BATTERY STUCK!, October 30, 2012
The batteries charge well in both my old T3I charger and the one enclosed in this buy. However, neither I nor my family can get the battery out of the charger. Has anyone else had this problem? Help!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, but not quite as good as Canon's battery., June 15, 2013
I bought this, and it's good to have two backup batteries for the original Canon OEM battery. But I did some testing, and all is not quite as advertised. The Canon battery label says that it's 1120 mAh, and the Wasabi says that it's 2000 mAh. But I found that the Wasabi folks have rounded the number up -- way up.

I tested the batteries by photographing video continuously with a Canon T4i, with the LCD screen illuminated in live view. You can only shoot 30 minutes of video at a time, but I just started a new 30 minutes after each cycle. What I found was that you can shoot about 2 hours on a fresh charge with the Canon OEM battery, but closer to an hour and a half with the Wasabi. That's not bad, but my first battery will always be the OEM, with the Wasabis as backups.