Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

on July 25, 2013
This video is on how to solve the problem with the Wasabi Power battery stuck in the charger. This is an EXTREMELY easy fix with no side effects!
But as for the product itself I am very happy with it so far! The batteries last a very long time because they sent me batteries with 1800 mAh! The charger is decent and it comes with adapters! You can NOT beat this price! I will definitely buy this product again!

I forgot to mention that there isn't a chip in the battery to tell you how charged it is. This can be a problem, but I've managed to get used to it.
3636 comments210 of 218 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 28, 2011
I purchased this set to go along with my Canon T2i and am very pleased with it. The batteries hold their charge well and seem to recharge quickly...because I do mainly video work, battery life is a must and these fit the bill very nicely. I have not used the car charger attachment as of yet but it looks pretty sturdy. Of all the batteries and chargers I looked at, this is the best deal (the whole kit is a fraction of the cost for a single "Canon brand" battery) for a great product.
44 comments61 of 62 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 29, 2013
the batteries do what they are made to do! even comes with a car charger for when im on the go.

just a small catch about taking the batteries out of the charger, rock them to the left and right, dont try to take it out the way you put it in. it wasnt made for that and i can see some people getting mad and breaking the batteries.

if you look on the charger there is an arrow, this indicates that you rotate the battery that way to take it out.. i didnt see it at first haha
22 comments39 of 40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 18, 2011
I try to save as much as possible on anything that I purchase. I checked the specs for this unit and it is identical to "name-brand" equip at a fraction of the "name-brand" price. AND THESE ARE JAPANESE CELLS = BEST QUALITY!! Two lithium batteries at same voltage as the original Canon LP-E8 except, 250ma more amp-power which results in longer battery life that is all. Amperage is like horsepower whereas with "sensitive" electronics, voltage needs to be consistent and these are. The Automobile battery charger is the main reason I purchased this and I figured, having two extra batteries and an extra AC charger, just adds more benefit to the deal.
22 comments72 of 81 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 27, 2012
This kit has been upgraded! Picture shows 1500mAh batteries by Wasabi. I received, to my surprise, 2 - 2000 mAh LP-E8's!!! What a fantastic deal for two 2000 mAh batteries plus AC/DC charge options along with a European power adapter! Will definately buy these again. Recently paid $9.95 for Opteka LP-E8 2000 mAh batteries from other Amazon vendor. It's like getting the charger for free and who can't use another charger! Great Product, Great Price!
review image
0Comment49 of 56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 27, 2013
The 2 Pack of batteries have outperformed my factory battery by leaps and bounds. I received a pair of 2000mAh batteries like many other people have and they simple shoot all day. I am a professional photographer and rarely use anything that doesn't have the Canon name on it. What a mistake. With a fully charged battery, you can simply take thousands of pictures. I have taken thousands of pictures with these batteries and they are flawless. Worth every single penny!!!!!!
on May 15, 2013
I've hesitated ordering these batteries because of the negative reviews some have posted. I just got my order of 2 batteries and charger. Like is represented in the photos, mine are from Japan, not China. They fit in my Canon t4i camera and yes, the camera does show a charge bar on the LCD when I looked. As someone else suggested, I will use these 2 batteries 1st, and then use the OEM Canon battery last just to be sure the Canon battery shows the charge level on the camera LCD. Oh by the way, when I looked the OEM Canon battery says: made in China. As others have stated, the charger included in this package is a little too tight for my taste, hard to remove the Wasabi or the Canon battery. I solved this by using an Emery board (nail file) to carefully sand each of the 4 protruding nubs that cause this too tight fit. Be careful, I took off too much, but it works great (I use a large 1/4" wide rubber band like the kind used around Asparagus when you buy it at the market) around the charger and battery that is in place. Works perfect for tension to hold in the battery. Be sure to blow out all the dust from the filing. Haven't tried the batteries using the camera, so I'll pass on that end of the review.
I have a 8yr old Panasonic camera that the OEM battery was made in Japan, and that is the only battery that has lasted all this time. I hope these last as long for me.
33 comments16 of 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 15, 2013
I bought this, and it's good to have two backup batteries for the original Canon OEM battery. But I did some testing, and all is not quite as advertised. The Canon battery label says that it's 1120 mAh, and the Wasabi says that it's 2000 mAh. But I found that the Wasabi folks have rounded the number up -- way up.

I tested the batteries by photographing video continuously with a Canon T4i, with the LCD screen illuminated in live view. You can only shoot 30 minutes of video at a time, but I just started a new 30 minutes after each cycle. What I found was that you can shoot about 2 hours on a fresh charge with the Canon OEM battery, but closer to an hour and a half with the Wasabi. That's not bad, but my first battery will always be the OEM, with the Wasabis as backups.
on May 23, 2013
I'm very pleased with these batteries and charger. Since I'm a cheap ol' bugger, I didn't want to pay the premium for the Canon name on the Battery. I'd purchased some other brand of battery and they are really poor. They don't have power to last anywhere near as long as these Wasabi batteries. The charger works fine both AC and 12v in the car. Inserting and removing the batteries isn't great, but it isn't much different than the Canon charger. Fixing that little problem seems a no-brainer, but would require a slight re-design of the charger (Canon's also).
I'm very pleased.
11 comment9 of 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 11, 2013
First I started having problems with the charger. I had to hold the battery in place to get it to charge. I finally figured out that one of the connections was a slightly misplaced and that by pulling on it before charging, it would work. That was fine until I pulled a little too hard and the connection broke off. Charger in the garbage. Next, I realized that one of the batteries no longer held any kind of charger - frustrating...but at least I had one battery left. Today I noticed that the other battery only holds it's charge for about 20 shots. Originally, I thought if any one of the pieces held up and worked well, that it would be a great deal. Unfortunately, nothing good came out of this.
11 comment18 of 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse