5.0 out of 5 stars A Real Necessity
I purchased a Pentax Optio WG-1 ruggedized camera to take pictures in the field. The WG-1 only comes with one battery, and no car charger. Since I like to keep one battery constantly charged while using the other, I needed another battery. Not only that, the Pentax sucks up batter power pretty quickly in some modes, so an extra battery is essential.

I was...
Published on May 10, 2011 by Matt

1.0 out of 5 stars As described.
Published 22 months ago by Philip Haverly

5.0 out of 5 stars A Real Necessity, May 10, 2011
Matt (ASHBURN, Vatican City State (Holy See)) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wasabi Power Battery (2-Pack) and Charger for Ricoh Pentax D-LI92 and Ricoh Pentax Optio I-10, RZ10, RZ18, WG-1, WG-1 GPS, WG-2, WG-2 GPS, WG-3, WG-3 GPS, WG-4, WG-4 GPS, WG-10, X70 (Personal Computers)

I was pleased to find that the Wasabi Power Battery and Charger was available, and actually came with two batteries. I tested it out before deploying to the field, and liked what I saw:

1. The AC adapter isn't a big clunky cord, the prongs merely slide out of the unit to plug directly into an AC outlet. Nice
2. It came with car charger, which is a big plus if you're on the go.
3. The charging LED is clear and multi-colored, so knowing when you're charged is great. It turns green. The one that comes with the Pentax just turns off, wondering if it's charged, or just not plugged in.

Since it comes with two batteries, a car charger, and a nice neat charger package for AC use, it was the perfect choice for me at the price.

Shipping was quick and easy. No issues here. I think you will be pleased.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Set, July 10, 2011
Ordered these because people said the new Pentax burnt through batteries. The batteries work great and have gotten at least a weak per charge. 5 days Disneyland, 4day/50 mile canoe trip and two seperate weeks at scout camp. Just as good as the Pentax batteries.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wasabi Kit, October 26, 2011
Nice set of options for your camera. My Pentax Optio WG-1 has a large charger so the Wasabi charge is nice for trips and it can also be used to charge in the car nice feature. The batteries are not as good as the Pentax batteries they last about 2/3 as long but in all a good value for two batteries a charger and charging options.

5.0 out of 5 stars More power and more options, September 9, 2011
Adam Rooney (Smithtown, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This charging kit is the perfect addition for my Pentax Optio WG-1. The batteries actually hold slightly more power than the factory battery (which were already extremely long lasting in the first place). And since the kit come with 2 batteries you will have more power than you need for just about every adventure. The charger is a brick style which eliminates the need for extra charging cables, which is also a big plus. Finally, the brick ships with an adapter cable to connect to your vehicle's 5V accessory port, so you can charge you batteries while on the go. In all, this is a great buy considering it only cost a few more dollars than the battery by itself. I would highly recommend this kit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Charger- Great Value, June 19, 2011
Like the other reviewers here, I purchased a Pentax WG-1 waterproof camera. I needed a charger with an auto-type input to use with a Powerfilm rollable solar panel and hoped the Wasabi Power Charger Kit would meet my needs...and it came with two extra batteries! I used the charger with the solar panel while on a Grand Canyon rafting trip, and it worked perfectly. I've also used the AC input with the same results. The Wasabi unit is also smaller and lighter than the OEM Pentax unit (No bulky AC cord). I've been rotating the supplied Wasabi batteries with two OEM Pentax batteries and see no difference in performance. Altogether an almost unbelievable bargain. And yes, the shipping was very prompt.

1.0 out of 5 stars As described., June 28, 2012
Product is as described, what more is there to say. I have not tested the 1200ma capacity against the 982~ma capacity of the OEM battery to confirm that it truly is a higher ma, however. it is at least as good as the OEM. Sometimes vendors overrate the ma of batteries just to impress. This battery did not feel any heavier which leads me to think it is not a true 1200ma capacity. But, even if it is only as good as the OEM battery that is still good deal.
6/20/2013 update:
I have to give this item 1 star for the following reasons.
After 4 months of use the included batteries are defective and will not charge in any of the chargers I have.
The charger itself is defective and does not charge any batteries including ones that charge properly in my other charges. This purchase now become a useless product. If I hear from the seller I will updated this review. I did like some of the features when it worked but now it is a total waste.

5.0 out of 5 stars works like a charm, September 6, 2011
Batteries have higher capacity than OEM. Charger works fine. I have not tried the 12V input yet, but I have put the stock charger in the closet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent deal, excellent seller., May 26, 2011
lrvaler (Chicago, IL, USA) - See all my reviews
I bought a Pentax Optio WG-1 and was looking for an extra charger and battery. Blue Nook had a package of 2 batteries and charger. The charger is compact and the wall plug folds down from the unit, making it very portable. Additionally, 2 extra batteries were provided. Saved $10 over buying them individually. Items were as advertised and shipped quickly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product for the price!, February 19, 2013
I definitely recommend this over the name brand charging kit. It works just the same for a fraction of the price. Am very satisfied with the quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Extra battery and charger at a good price, January 8, 2014
Needed an extra battery and charger for the Pentax WG-3 waterproof camera, and this fit the bill at a great price.

ARRAY(0xa36aef54)