5.0 out of 5 stars Affordable aftermarket batteries that work well!
I am always a bit leery of aftermarket batteries, even though I know manufacturers are just trying to squeeze some extra dollars out of owners of their products by claiming that they may cause malfunctions and such. This Wasabi Power dual pack and charger is awesome. I will update this as I go if the batteries seem to go bad more quickly. I currently have an OEM BP-718...
Published 20 months ago by JJW

2.0 out of 5 stars Battery not totally compatible
The battery was invisible to the camcorder. Remaining battery life was not visible Useless to me! The description on the web sight did mention this, however. I just didn't see it!
Published 12 months ago by Carl O. Ericksen

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Alternative!!!, December 4, 2012
This review is from: Wasabi Power Battery (2-Pack) and Charger for Canon BP-718, CG-700 and Canon VIXIA HF M50, HF M52, HF M500, HF R30, HF R32, HF R40, HF R42, HF R50, HF R52, HF R300, HF R400, HF R500 (Personal Computers)
Love this product. Just bought a Canon video camera and the battery sucks...Tried this Wasabi and it works great. Lasts much longer than the battery Canon included, and I got two of them!!! Only drawback is the camera can't determine how much battery life is left, and it asks me if I want to use this battery when I start the camera up.

Otherwise a great option instead of shelling out a ton of money for the Canon extended battery...

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy with order, October 27, 2012
The product was a great bargain. The order and shipping process went very smoothly and was very easy. The batteries I ordered work very well, especially for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wasabi Power Battery and Charger Kit, October 13, 2012
I'm very pleased about the product. It arrived on time, in a nice little box with good wrapping and protection. Both of the batteries were completly charged all the way which was amazing, and the battery life was so much better then the battery that comes with the camcorder itself. Do be aware though, that the batteries are not coded, which means you will not be capable of seeing how much longer the battery life is on the camcorder.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good deal on after-market battery, September 11, 2012
The battery is an exceptional deal compared to the Canon-branded option. It's somewhat a pain to not have the camera show the charge. My office uses this product strictly as a backup, planning on it lasting at least an hour. So far, so good.

3.0 out of 5 stars Stupid Battery !!!, February 25, 2013
Pros: Fits well and holds charge well. More than double the capacity of the original BP-709.

Cons: This is a stupid (non-intelligent) battery, not communicating with the camera. This means that every time I turn the camera on, it will ask if it is ok to use this battery anyway. When answering "yes" the camera works, but you have no idea what the remaining charge is, as the camera and battery does not talk...

I have a few other Wasabi batteries and been happy with them, they all "talked" to my Canon cameras, both PS and EOS. This one does not, that's why I give it only 2 stars - disappointed...

Update:
After the updated product information, "Note: Batteries are NOT decoded. Your camera will not display the battery's run time and must be charged with the Wasabi Power charger"... I am now giving it 3 stars, up from 2. The reason I gave it 2 stars was that I had previously bought 3 different sets of Wasabi batteries, all that did communicate with the cameras, and that was what I expected. Maybe I should have read the reviews more carefully...
Always better to know what you are buying....

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, December 9, 2012
Only used i a couple of times since I ended up returning the camera. By the way, I hated the camera since it wouldn't let me make copies onto a DVD easily. The Sony I bought is much, much better in that respect.

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than the factory battery but not what it promises, December 28, 2012
I hoped to get the two hours that it says but I really only get about 45 minutes at best. If you're filming a family event or something longer than that, you'll have to keep one battery in the charger at all times if you only have the two. You can forget about the factory provided battery because that won't even last ten minutes on record.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great battery backup for Canon Vixia, August 27, 2012
Amazon Customer (Mexico City, Mexico) - See all my reviews
I bought this package to supplement the original battery that came with a Canon Vixia HF-R300. The price is excellent for two medium range batteries (each for about one hour on the highest quality setting), a wall charger and a car charger. This package is a must if you are planning to bring your video camera on a trip.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice product, July 25, 2012
WebePerry (VALENCIA, CALIFORNIA, US) - See all my reviews
The batteries and charger were delivered on time and in good shape.
They charge fast and work well in my Canon M500. These Batteries are not
coded to show remaining life on the screen, but they seem to last longer than
the original.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product and price, excellent customer service, July 1, 2012
I have used the Wasabi BP-718 battery for only a couple of days but I am pleased with my purchase of the Wasabi Power Battery and Charger Kit for my Canon Vixia HF R300 camcorder. The battery has given me the extended recording time I was seeking (easily more than double the time of the stock battery). The battery fits well in the camcorder (no problems with attaching and removing the battery). I was also looking for a charger so I can use my camcorder instead of using it as a charger. The kit came with two batteries and the charger at a great price.

The product was delivered to me faster than expected. Also, Blue Nook provided excellent customer service. I would definitely purchase aftermarket batteries from Blue Nook again. I would recommend this kit if you are looking for a great bargain.

Rate and Discover Movies