5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Battery Life
When I bought my Pentax K-R D-SLR, I also bought a new battery. But at that time you could only buy the Pentax brand battery and one extra battery cost me almost $60.00.

Published on August 4, 2011 by K. Morris

1.0 out of 5 stars Not so good a deal
Published on July 7, 2012 by THOMAS R.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Battery Life, August 4, 2011
This review is from: Wasabi Power Battery (2-Pack) and Charger for Pentax D-LI109 and Pentax K-r, K-30, K-50, K-500 (Electronics)

Flash forward to now: I decided I wanted more batteries for "backup" power so I searched and found this brand. I was kind of worried because it wasn't Pentax brand but the price for these two batteries and also a charger I could use in the car was so low I just had to buy it. (Car use is nice because we go camping and skiing a lot.) The charger also seems to be 'smart' in that it appears to turn off when the battery is finished charging.

ANYWAY: When I got them (two days sooner than expected) I charged them up and took them out with me for some photo shoots. OMG. Slap me in the face: These batteries lasted significantly LONGER than the original Pentax brand batteries. I no longer have any worries about non-Pentax brand batteries. I would highly recommend this brand to anyone that needs a battery. I will be looking at this retailer FIRST for any other battery needs I have.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic addition to my Pentax K30, December 26, 2012
This was a great deal. The batteries work as good as the Pentax battery. The charger is awesome! The K30 charger is very large and it has a separate cord which is a hassle when traveling. I haven't used the Pentax charger since I've had this. The design of this charger is much better because the plug is built into the charger and it flips inside the charger. Pentax should replace their charger with this one.

Based on my experience with this kit, I also bought the Wasabi charger and 2 battery kit for the Olympus E-PL1 camera. That kit is just like this one and is better than the Olympus charger for the same reasons.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Experience, October 22, 2011
I went on a 2 week trip to Italy and had purchased these batteries as a backup since I was going to be doing a lot of photography. Once in Rome I put these batteries to the test. Let me tell you, I never got to use my Pentax batteries. I was taking photos continuously and these two batteries lasted longer and got me through the whole day. They charge quicker and the charger itself is more compact than the one from Pentax. The included adapter for European voltage came in handy. I owned a Pentax K-R and had no problems with the batteries and I was able to take more photos compared to the Pentax battery. I highly recommend them. They do as advertised and they work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast charge and great life, August 2, 2013
These seem to last a lot longer than the batteries that came with my K30. Would recommend purchasing. They also seem to charge faster and the charging box is more convenient than the Pentax version (no long cord).

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well with both my K-r and K-30, September 23, 2012
I have both the K-r and the K-30. The batteries charge and work well with both. No difference from the batteries supplied by Pentax. I photograph about a half dozen sittings on one or two days each month of children, and families. The large view screen is on all of the time. One battery will usually last me all day.

The only odd thing that I have noticed is that, unlike the Pentax charger, the charging light will say on after the battery is charged.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Batteries, May 21, 2012
I've had this kit for several months now and have been very satisfied with the performance of the batteries. They charge quickly and hold their charge well. My off the cuff estimate is that I'm getting 100-200 more shots with each Wasabi battery than with the stock Pentax battery. The charger is a little flimsy, but no worse then the Pentax charger and the flip-out AC plug is very convenient. The included car charger is a nice bonus.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent addition to my Camera Accessories, July 22, 2013
I am very pleasantly surprised that it is a direct plug in to the wall rather than using a long bulky extension cord. I charged the batteries and have already used one and I am happy with the current amount of time and storage that these batteries allow.
I am also pleased if I run out of steam in my available batteries I can charge one while driving... That's a plus. It arrived on time, actually a little earlier than promised which was another plus for me. I am happy...

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, June 5, 2013
Much cheaper than the brand name and works great and gives me the ability to charge in my vehicle as well at home.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not so good a deal, July 7, 2012
This looked like a good deal for two batteries, rapid charger, and auto charger. The accessories are great but the batteries leave a lot to be desired. One battery will only hold a charge for 56 photo's and the other only 28, which is not worth the trouble to charge. The reviews from others were great, but not with me. I guess my batteries were not the real thing or just bad.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, March 6, 2013
Mik Ponder (Delaware, OH United States) - See all my reviews
Very good quality! Don't worry about the price being too low. All parts are nicely finished and function perfectly! Using in my K-30. Everything perfect! Good communication from seller as well!