Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Wasabi Power Battery (2-Pack) and Charger for Pentax D-LI109 and Pentax K-r, K-30, K-50, K-500
BOTMKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro Safety Month

on August 4, 2011
When I bought my Pentax K-R D-SLR, I also bought a new battery. But at that time you could only buy the Pentax brand battery and one extra battery cost me almost $60.00.

Flash forward to now: I decided I wanted more batteries for "backup" power so I searched and found this brand. I was kind of worried because it wasn't Pentax brand but the price for these two batteries and also a charger I could use in the car was so low I just had to buy it. (Car use is nice because we go camping and skiing a lot.) The charger also seems to be 'smart' in that it appears to turn off when the battery is finished charging.

ANYWAY: When I got them (two days sooner than expected) I charged them up and took them out with me for some photo shoots. OMG. Slap me in the face: These batteries lasted significantly LONGER than the original Pentax brand batteries. I no longer have any worries about non-Pentax brand batteries. I would highly recommend this brand to anyone that needs a battery. I will be looking at this retailer FIRST for any other battery needs I have.
on December 26, 2012
This was a great deal. The batteries work as good as the Pentax battery. The charger is awesome! The K30 charger is very large and it has a separate cord which is a hassle when traveling. I haven't used the Pentax charger since I've had this. The design of this charger is much better because the plug is built into the charger and it flips inside the charger. Pentax should replace their charger with this one.

Based on my experience with this kit, I also bought the Wasabi charger and 2 battery kit for the Olympus E-PL1 camera. That kit is just like this one and is better than the Olympus charger for the same reasons.
on October 22, 2011
I went on a 2 week trip to Italy and had purchased these batteries as a backup since I was going to be doing a lot of photography. Once in Rome I put these batteries to the test. Let me tell you, I never got to use my Pentax batteries. I was taking photos continuously and these two batteries lasted longer and got me through the whole day. They charge quicker and the charger itself is more compact than the one from Pentax. The included adapter for European voltage came in handy. I owned a Pentax K-R and had no problems with the batteries and I was able to take more photos compared to the Pentax battery. I highly recommend them. They do as advertised and they work.
on November 3, 2015
The advertised characteristics include this statement: "Batteries and charger are fully decoded and are compatible with all Pentax original equipment." That statement is not exactly true. The Pentax charger has four terminals for battery connections, while the Wasabi charger has only two. The batteries themselves have four terminals, "+", "-", "D", and "T", that correspond to the Pentax batteries, though I can't seem to find out whether the additional terminals on the Wasabi batteries are functional. They seem to have to do with charging rate control, since fast chargers (like that supplied with this kit) can cause the batteries to overheat causing a minor explosion and fire. I would absolutely NOT charge Pentax batteries in this charger, and if I were using the Wasabi charger in the car (its only real utility by my lights), I would not leave it unattended, and I'd touch the battery every so often to make sure it's not getting too hot. The Pentax charger can be used safely on all the batteries. That's my opinion based on the information available to me at the time, though neither mfgr. is particularly forthcoming with details. My "star rating" of OK is because I think it is, "OK" - if I wanted "spectacular", I'd have shelled out the big bucks for genuine Pentax batteries. I wouldn't hesitate to buy this kit again but I would be careful about how I use that charger.
on August 2, 2013
These seem to last a lot longer than the batteries that came with my K30. Would recommend purchasing. They also seem to charge faster and the charging box is more convenient than the Pentax version (no long cord).
on September 23, 2012
I have both the K-r and the K-30. The batteries charge and work well with both. No difference from the batteries supplied by Pentax. I photograph about a half dozen sittings on one or two days each month of children, and families. The large view screen is on all of the time. One battery will usually last me all day.

The only odd thing that I have noticed is that, unlike the Pentax charger, the charging light will say on after the battery is charged.
on July 22, 2013
I am very pleasantly surprised that it is a direct plug in to the wall rather than using a long bulky extension cord. I charged the batteries and have already used one and I am happy with the current amount of time and storage that these batteries allow.
I am also pleased if I run out of steam in my available batteries I can charge one while driving... That's a plus. It arrived on time, actually a little earlier than promised which was another plus for me. I am happy...
on May 21, 2012
I've had this kit for several months now and have been very satisfied with the performance of the batteries. They charge quickly and hold their charge well. My off the cuff estimate is that I'm getting 100-200 more shots with each Wasabi battery than with the stock Pentax battery. The charger is a little flimsy, but no worse then the Pentax charger and the flip-out AC plug is very convenient. The included car charger is a nice bonus.
on June 1, 2014
I wasn't really sure about these because of the price but looks like they work just fine. I haven't had enough time to gauge how long they last but so far so good. They are also so much lighter than the AAs. Btw, I own a K-500.
on December 22, 2015
Much better than expected. I bought this as a backup battery for my Pentax, but it lasts almost as much as the original battery. Furthermore, there are two of them, and a nice compact charger. Cannot beat the deal. I've only used it for a couple of months now. Hopefully it will have a decent life.