Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro STEM

on June 15, 2011
I just bought an Olympus E-PL2 and needed a backup battery. I charged up the 2 Wasabi batteries and the 1 Olympus battery that came with the PL2 using the Wasabi wall charger and encountered no problems. The charging indicator LED went from red to green. The Wasabi batteries have the same 4 electrical contacts as the Olympus BLS-5 battery. However the Wasabi wall charger only had 2 contacts while the Olympus charger that came with the PL2 had 4 contacts. Terry at Blue Nook said that only 2 contacts are needed to charge a battery. I'm not sure what the other 2 contacts on the Olympus charger is used for, but my guess is for further monitoring of some kind (added charging safety?). I inserted each of the 2 Wasabi batteries into my PL2 and it powered up just fine. The 2000mah rating on Wasabi indicates that it should last much longer than the Olympus battery; however, I have not had a chance to use them completely yet to see how long they last. Also, note that I received the correct +8volt output charger and not the +4volt charger shown in the picture. The Wasabi wall charger charged very quickly and is very portable, unlike the bulky Olympus charger with the bulky electrical cord that came with the camera. The flip out plug makes it very handy, but it also felt a little bit loose. I have not tried the car adapter or the plug adapter yet. Overall an excellent travel kit for the price, which is exactly what I wanted. I received excellent Blue Nook customer service communications that answered all of my questions.
44 comments| 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 3, 2014
I went back and forth between 2 and 3 stars for these batteries. If you're looking for an inexpensive backup battery solution for your Olympus m4/3 camera, and you don't mind them lasting you a year or less, these are a great deal. They charge without issue with the included charger, and they hold as much juice as the factory batteries do.

If you think you'll be disappointed in a year when the batteries begin to swell so badly that you can't get them into or out of your camera, then look elsewhere. I don't know if it's a quality control issue that leads some people to have this problem and not others, but I certainly did, and I'm admittedly pretty disappointed. I also don't know if it's a problem that occurs with all of this company's products or just these batteries in particular. I have two backup batteries for my Fuji X-E1 made by Wasabi, so I guess I'll see in a year's time whether this is something I can expect from them on a regular basis. In the meantime, I'll be avoiding the brand.

EDIT: Just 5 minutes after posting this review, I contacted customer service, and they shipped me two replacements with no hassle for a small shipping fee. Upgraded the review to 3 stars, and I'll upgrade it further if the replacements do better than their predecessors. Great customer service is worth a lot; thanks guys!
on October 1, 2013
This battery & charger worked great for about 18 months of light use, then the battery started to swell. First I noticed the battery fitting slightly more snugly in the camera body, then I couldn't remove the battery at all. I had to tap a screw into the battery in order to remove it from the camera, and luckily I was able to do so without damaging the camera. The battery is obviously ruined, though, so I'm back to using the factory battery. The charger keeps working great, though.
55 comments| 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 19, 2014
I've been using these for about 18 months now. Both of the cheap Wasabi batteries have swollen and no longer have any capacity. Even when new, I had to have a fully charged battery on hand at all times as they discharged very quickly. It got to be a joke how the camera was ALWAYS out of power, a dramatic contrast to my DSLR.

The original Olympus battery that came with the camera is still going strong. As noted in other reviews, the charger doesn't fit the Olympus battery well. You can make it work if you're really careful about how the contacts connect to the battery and hold it in place with rubber bands, but it's too easy to have it just a bit off and discover a dead battery in the morning.

By this point, it's all junk. I'm replacing the cheap Wasabi batteries with real Olympus ones. I'll probably toss the charger as well. This setup might seem like a great deal, but over time it's more expensive than buying the good stuff in the first place.
on August 31, 2013
I bought this charger and pair of batteries to use in an Olympus E-PL5. With the strobe used on nearly every shot, I got about 250 shots with the Olympus battery that came with my camera, and about 280 shots with the Wasabi batteries. That was a happy surprise. I don't know how they'll hold up over time, but on a one-week trip shooting at least 700 shots a day, the Wasabi batteries were excellent. I've tried other off-brand batteries in other cameras and this is the first time I've had an aftermarket battery do as well as the OEM battery.

I like the charger better than the Olympus charger, too. It's better for travel because it has a folding plug rather than a long cord like the Olympus charger. For the price, these seem like a better option than buying a spare Olympus branded battery.
on July 25, 2011
Delivered quickly in perfect condition with tracking. Works perfectly in the PEN E-PL2.

I had a PEN-E-PL1 with two batteries and was told by the camera shop when I bought the E-PL2 that the E-PL1 batteries would work in the E-PL2 but they won't. The E-PL2 battery has four contacts and the E-PL1 battery has three. However the E-PL2 batteries work in the E-PL1 camera and the E-PL1 batteries charge in the E-PL2 charger. Just for your information and not related to the quality of the Wasabi Power battery for the PEN E-PL2.

The Wasabi Power battery for the PEN E-PL2 looks like it is very well constructed, identical to the original battery and comes with a cover for the contacts unlike the original battery. Charges fine in the charger and works fine in the camera. I highly recommend it.
on November 7, 2015
The good news: Inexpensive battery did great for the first year. Five star review.

The bad news: After about 13 months of use the battery started to swell & bloat. It swelled to a point that I had to pry the battery out of the camera since it was stuck. I guess I could jam it in the camera, but would be a very tight fit, and likely would have to pry it out again. That said, I'm not going to use it any more.

Use of the battery averaged one charge a month, with one or two weeks during the year that would get multiple charges. I was also using an OEM Olympus battery along side this Wasabi Power Battery. Both batteries incurred the same usage and charge patterns. The OEM Olympus battery is actually slightly older, has a little more use under it's belt, but shows no sign of swelling, bloating, or any other abnormal deterioration.

Attached picture shows swelling. Battery swelled in the center, so you can see how holding it down on one end makes the other end pop up.
review image
on December 15, 2011
I take my own risk for the funny brand name - Wasabi because of the low price! For $24 this whole kit just cost a little more than half price of one Olympus BLS5 Olympus BLS-5 Lithium-Ion Rechargeable Battery.

The batteries do have the fourth smaller connection spot the same as the BLS5 which you cannot find on the BLS1. They are in gray-white color the same as the BLS5. I use them for my EPL1 to replace BLS1. They do charge quicker but they don't feel to last longer than the BLS1. Anyway with these two batteries plus the old BLS1 I don't worry about it too much. These batteries can also be charged on the Olympus BLS1 charger. I did it twice for emergency because I forgot to bring their charger.

In addition, I am very surprised with the car adapter and European plug allowing me to charge it in the car or travel in Europe. This is never provided from Olympus! What a thoughtful idea.

I am not sure if the listed 3-year warranty is true or not but I am also very happy to see such long warranty of this set. Base upon the battery quality produced by this company. I highly recommend it and their other products.
on June 4, 2012
Two batteries and a charger for this price? that's gotta be a steal. I hate OEM camera chargers as they always come with about 6ft of cord, making them impossible to carry when travelling. This one has the flip out plug on the back, takes up little room and is dual voltage. My only niggle is that the battery doesn't lock in, so if you're charging on a wall charger the battery falls out unless you tape it in, and if you put it in the wall the other way up, the contacts don't touch the battery and it won't charge because the battery is so loose. It's just typical of pretty much everything that comes out of China though really, there's a serious lack of product testing. But in saying that, it works, and the price is right. Just keep a roll of tape handy.
on December 15, 2015
This is a reliable battery that lasts as long, if not longer, than the manufacturer original. The Wasabi brand changed my mind about third-party batteries, which in my prior experience have been inferior to the OEMs. I will look to this brand for batteries in the future.

January 2016 Update:

I haven't experienced any swelling issues with the battery — I'm using only my original Olympus factory charger to charge it so maybe that's why I haven't encountered that particular issue — but I have begun to note that when the battery charge reads half, it just up and dies without warning. The camera cannot be powered on after this happens even though the last-known charge has in every case registered as half full. As soon as the battery drops to half it is best to remove it right away because failure to do so means that any powered lenses will be stuck before they have time to retract, and the battery can also die in the midst of writing the file to the SD card, too, which could potentially corrupt the image (if not the entire chip).

With my original E-PL5 Olympus battery, I can take quite a few pictures at the half-charge point and the camera will always allow me to see the icon change from green to red to warn me that it's time to power off. This battery, on the other hand, will continue to read "green" (at half charge) only to die with no further transitions. At this point the battery still takes a charge and I can capture a lot of pictures before I reach the half-way point on the charge but because I can't use it after it reaches the half way point I'm losing about a 1/3 of the useful capacity as opposed to the factory battery that shipped with my camera. Because of this issue I'm taking two stars off my original 5-star review.