Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Wasabi Power Battery (2-Pack) and Charger for Canon NB-11L, NB-11LH and Canon PowerShot A2300 IS, A2400 IS, A2500, A2600, A3400 IS, A3500 IS, A4000 IS, ELPH 110 HS, ELPH 115 HS, ELPH 130 HS, ELPH 135 IS, ELPH 140 IS, ELPH 150 IS, ELPH 160, ELPH 170 IS, ELPH 320 HS, ELPH 340 HS, ELPH 350 HS, SX400 IS, SX410 IS
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on January 5, 2013
First off, one of the primary reasons I am writing this review is because apparently the manufacturer offers buyers a $10 gift card if you write a positive review. You get a thank you note that comes with the product asking you to write a positive review in exchange for the gift card. Just thought that that was relevant information to disclose since the main reason I purchased the battery in the first place was because I noticed the overwhelming amount of positive reviews there were on the product page. Anyways, that being said I have been using the battery for a few months now and have found it to be a good quality product. It lasts noticeably outperforms the original Canon battery that comes with the camera. I would say it lasts probably about 33% longer, perhaps more. That being said it is a much better deal since it is also much less expensive. If Wasabi decides to go ahead and give me the $10 gift card when I send them the email with the title "10GC" I might just use it to purchase another one of their batteries! Actually I probably would.
11 comment|79 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 7, 2012
I bought this kit for traveling purposes. I didn't want to haul the original battery and charger which can cost a fortune to replace if lost. These worked better because the batteries do lasts longer. I got them fully charged and played with it extensively and it seems to hold up much longer than the original Canon before the battery bar goes down. The kit also comes with a Euro AC adapter and a Car charger, but I bought it mainly because of the two 900mAh batteries compared to the 680mAh OEM Canon. The only downside is the bulky charger -- which emits a permanent green light with or without a battery lodged in. Actually, there are two lights, one turns amber while charging, then goes back to the (permanently lit) green when finished. It can also be a little tricky while trying to get the battery in and out.
I recently purchased a Canon PowerShot Elph110HS Canon PowerShot ELPH 110 HS 16.1 MP CMOS Digital Camera with 5x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom 24mm Wide-Angle Lens and 1080p Full HD Video Recording (Black). First thing I did upon receiving it was order this Wasabi Power battery kit of Canon NB-11L because for the price, you cannot beat the value. I wanted to have a couple extra batteries to ensure I'd be able to safely travel and have adequate camera power... dead batteries can ruin a trip pretty quickly.

Consider that a single Canon NB-11L battery is roughy $20. The NB-11L by Canon is rated at 3.6V and 680mAh. On the other hand, the Wasabi NB-11L kit includes TWO NB-11L batteries rated at 900mAh*, PLUS you get a charger that is comparable to the Canon charger, AND a car charger cable, AND an International adapter plug all for about the same cost as a single Canon NB-11L. How can you go wrong?

*Some people have complained that the actual capacity of Wasabi batteries are not as claimed. Perhaps. But even if the rated capacity is a bit lower than the Canon NB-11L, it is still giving you two batteries plus all the extras for about the same price. For my money, I'll settle for a bit less given the cost savings I'm realizing.

I bought a similar Wasabi Kit for my GoPro Hero3 Black and can say that the Wasabi battery life is practically identical to the GoPro battery life. As I use this Canon NB-11L equivalent battery, I'll add to my review if necessary.

For now, I'm completely happy with my purchase and have saved a lot of money compared to buying a Canon branded backup battery.
on June 26, 2012
The price is cheap. I cannot tell any difference in use from the genuine Cannon battery. I have not evaluated how long it lasts before it needs a recharge. Update 10/21/2012; now that I have used this battery repeatedly, I can add that it's charge lasts the same as the Canon battery.
on August 21, 2012
So far it has worked fine though I don't use the camera a lot (it was a replacement during a trip). My initial test showed it held charge at least as long as the new OEM that came with the camera. Whether it will continue to perform that way over time remains to be seen. I can get almost 2 hours of video (640x480 30fps) out of either one using the A3400IS.
on October 2, 2012
I bought a canon A4000 IS for a wedding in jamaica i was attending and lost the battery and charger on my way to the airport... talk about a bummer! when.i came back.to the states to replace it, the replacement battery and charger at best buy was $100 freakin dollars! the camera only cost me $150 to begin with. Found this great deal on.amazon and for 2 batteties and 2 chargers (car and outlet) and great delivery time (less than 1 week) my camera is like.new again..well it is new lol! i ordered through blue.nook! im gonna take a picture of the charger lol!
on May 5, 2012
I recently purchased Canon A4000SD camera it came with a new Canon battery NB11L. This is a new size battery and I need a backup. The Canon was very expensive. Going to Amazon I found this battery (Wasabi Power)it was priced right so I gave it a try. I've had my camera and the battery over a month and it has performs just as well as the original Canon. I strongly recommend this battery because of performance and price. I was also pleased with the speed it was delivered.
55 comments|28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 2, 2012
When I looked at the cost of a second battery for my new Cannon camera, I was pretty shocked at how expensive they were (especially as a percent of the cost of the camera). This Wasabi Power battery was much lower in cost and, now that I've bought it, I'm very happy I did. So far, it works just the same as the original battery in terms of holding a chanrge, number of photos, etc. I'm very happy with the purchase of this Wasabi Power battery.
on November 7, 2013
When you spend 10 hours+ a day walking around the best tourist spots in Europe, you need to have extra batteries. These look sort of cheap and I think I remember seeing some complaints about tight fit. I didn't have those issues at all. These were perfect and fit nicely in a carrying case. They also fit perfectly in the Canon charger so I didn't have to bring the Wasabi charger which seems significantly bulkier and odd in comparison.
on March 28, 2016
Wasabi Power nailed it again. This brand never failed me. This is my 3rd battery (GoPro, Canon SLR and this) from Wasabi Power. Works pretty much the same as the original Canon battery with regards to battery life. But on how long will it last (lifetime of the battery) remains to be seen. With its price (about 60% cheaper than original Canon), you can't go wrong, especially if this is used as a spare battery.

Highly recommended.