5.0 out of 5 stars pentax replacement battery
Had it for almost a year and it works as good as Pentax battery. has more mA rating than original Pentax battery. use it for weddings every month.
Published 22 months ago by Richard Albeck

Published 8 months ago by Jose George Peczon

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Wasabi Power Battery for Pentax D-LI90 and Pentax 645D, K-01, K-3, K-5, K-5 II, K-5 IIs, K-7, November 7, 2013
This review is from: Wasabi Power Battery for Pentax D-LI90 and Pentax 645D, K-01, K-3, K-5, K-5 II, K-5 IIs, K-7 (Electronics)
I've been using these batteries for my Pentax K-5 for 1 yr and 4 months. The batteries were good on the first year, but after that, it started to fail, it doesn't hold a charge that long anymore and it depletes very fast after a full charge. I noticed this problem when I was shooting long exposures (actually, the shutter speed wasn't that slow, it was only 5 secs.)and my camera hangs up every time I do it using these batteries. I also have the original Pentax D-LI90 batt. (which was included when I bought the K-5), and I must say that nothing beats the original, it still performs very well and still holds a charge after using it for more than a year. You get what you pay for. Cheap means poor quality and performance.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bought in February 2013 as a spare battery for my Pentax K5II, September 13, 2013
On first use the camera operating system crashed after shooting a few shots. I removed the battery, reinserted the Wasabi, turned the camera back on and everything was fine. Called Pentax customer service and they told me to consider sending the camera in for inspection if it happened again. Set the Wasabi aside and went back to the Pentax battery. The camera has not crashed since (about 7 months) with continuous use of the Pentax battery. Day before yesterday the Pentax battery was near empty so I decided to keep shooting with the Wasabi installed. After 10 exposures the operating system crashed. Need I say more.

5.0 out of 5 stars pentax replacement battery, September 11, 2012
Richard Albeck (West Linn, Or, USA) - See all my reviews

3.0 out of 5 stars 1 good 1 bad, September 29, 2013
I have 2 of these and one is fine and the other runs out in no time...both were purchased at the same time

5.0 out of 5 stars Higher capacity 2300 mh battery than OEM, April 21, 2013
Excellent quality battery. Has significantly greater capacity than the OEM. 2300 vs 1850 Mh. Fast delivery. Delivery was prompt. Charges and fits without problems. Works with Pentax K7 and K-1.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just as strong and long-lasting as the OEM Pentax battery, December 8, 2012
DocRWM "docrwm" (Woodstock, GA United States) - See all my reviews
The Wasabi batteries that I own just keep impressing me. I own them for an old Panasonic P&S, my K-5, and my Q. All of them seem to last at least as long as the manufacturers original battery but they cost FAR less. I put one of these in the body and another in the D-BG4 grip and I can shoot all day with the K-5. Excellent product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great batteries, more reserve that factory, November 10, 2012
I have Wasabi batteries for the Nikon D7000 that my daughter is using now backpacking in Chile and Peru. They out last the Nikon ones. I have Wasabi batteries for both the Pentax K20 that I gave my son and for my Pentax K5, I have never had better use out of any other battery brand including the factory ones and the chargers also work better charging times are shorter. I have worked remote in Alaska and carry 4 spare batteries so I really rely on them. And I have tested them and trust them.

1.0 out of 5 stars Totally unreliable, April 19, 2014
I went through four of these (bought them in two batches, one year apart) so my conclusion must carry some statistical value. The capacity went down to 200 exposures after just 5 cycles, which is less than half of my original Pentax battery (still going strong two years and dozens of cycles later). Just as important, the charge level fluctuates wildly, even when no parameters change (same temperatures, same usage). Worse, the charge would drop completely in the middle of an exposure, locking the camera with the mirror up and shutter opened. To be avoided at any cost.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as well or better than Pentax original D-LI90, October 13, 2013
Quite happy with two of these, charge life has been excellent. I'm fairly sure they have lasted somewhat longer than my original Pentax battery. I have not owned them long enough yet to determine how they hold up over many many cycles, but they are performing better when new than the Pentax D-LI90 did when new, so that's pretty good.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good battery, September 1, 2012
This is a very good back up battery for my Pentax K-5. Although I've not not used it much yet, it seems the product is good. I'm satisfied with its performance.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›