Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Wasabi Power Battery (2-Pack) and Charger for Contour 2350, 2450, 2900, C010410K and ContourHD, ContourGPS, Contour+, Contour+2
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on December 13, 2012
First let me say having a external charger regardless if you use third party batteries or not is a great asset because you can keep charging them as you swap batteries out of the camera and keep on recording.

The charger its self works like its supposed to nothing special to it. Does have the car charger option that is great.\

Now for the batteries and this is important to note because I see a few reviews saying they don't last as long as the stock batteries and this battery is supposed to last longer and they do.

Here is the thing with Lithium Ion batteries (Li-ion) when new when you first charge them when the light turns green it should be left to sit a extra 2 to 3 hours. It will take about 5 charging cycles for the battery to reach optimal performance and this is just a limitation of Li-ion battery technology not this manufacturer in particular. That being said after break in I get about an hour and half with GPS/BT on and close to 1hr45 to 2hr with GPS and Bluetooth off on the Contour+2 and yes these work with the +2.

This goes the same with cell phone batteries just FYI. Also if you completely discharge the battery you will damage it and may not take charge any more. When the Camera shuts down its actually shutting down with 5% or so of a charge on the battery if you keep trying to power up and completely drain the battery you will damage the battery beyond repair...

For the price of this 26 bucks you get two batteries and a external charger vs a Contour 2350 battery for 19 bucks. This alone makes buying this a no brainer.
on October 2, 2013
I was able to return the defective sets using my Prime account. The charger works perfect and comes with a car/12volt adapter. The batteries are another story. some kits worked fine and some didn't even charge. I assume the batteries are old or just cheap. They last about as long as the Contour OEM batteries

Updated on November 11, 2013
Edit to my original posting. Blue Nook/Wasabi Power responded to my comment. They sent us two new batteries and we are happy. They all seem to work as expected (note that another friend bought one and didn't receive a replacement around the same time) We will purchase the batteries from them again.
Thanks again to Blue Nook/Wasabi Power
on December 1, 2012
The original battery from Contour+2 is 1050mAh, it records about 95 minutes of video for 720p/60. This battery claim to have 1300mAh and it only records about 80 minutes of video in the same settings above. I was expected to get close to 2hrs of recording. I used it to record my flight in the cabinet. I usually flew 2 hrs every time. Which means I have to remember to change the battery while I was busy talking to tower and look out for the air traffic before landing. A little bit of disappointed to the quality and unmatched battery capacity.
on December 20, 2012
I use my Contour GPS camera on my bicycle rides and need extra batteries for longer videos. I bought one extra Contour battery from the Sports Basement at about the same price as this charger and 2-battery package; so now I have two Contour batteries and two Wasabi batteries. These are perfect, they charge faster than the Contour branded ones and they even fit in the camera better than the Contour branded ones - I don't notice any difference in how long they last in use.

The battery fits kind of loosely in the charger and sometimes falls out if charging in the vertical position - minor gripe.
on August 9, 2015
I just received mine and haven't tried it for video production yet. However, the "charge" light doesn't seem to give feedback for charging the battery status, only that the unit is plugged into power. It it lit even if there is no battery in the charger and it never goes out even if left charging for over 24 hours. If you want the charge status you'll have to put the battery in the Contour and check it that way. Rather lame charger design.

It has only one color light - green.

The batteries fit in my Contour 1080p HD camera and I can turn on the camera. So they work well to that point. However, I don't yet know how long they will last in field conditions - mountain biking videos. I have two Contour batteries now that work fine so I may never use the Wasabi batteries. Nice to have them available though in case I can't recharge the Contour batteries after a ride.
on June 4, 2013
The flexibility of the charger with the ability to charge 110v or from a car outlet - great. 5 stars for the charger

The two batteries that came with it - junk - don't think they lasted more than 5 cycles each. 0 stars for the batteries.

I keep forgetting - "if the price is too good to be true......"
on May 19, 2012
This set works perfectly with my Contour GPS unit. Charger can be used almost anywhere since it comes with a car power cord and a european style plug adaptor. The two batteries with the kit power the camera as well or better than the original battery purchased with the unit. I recommend this set if you own a Contour and need extended battery power!
on June 6, 2015
So far these have been great batteries. I get about 3 hours of use with each one on the 720p + GPS settings I use... a little bit longer than I do with my stock battery. The wall charger has worked fine for charging at home, and they charge up fine in the camera when i use USB to charge on the road.
on October 15, 2014
I've used a Wasabi battery pack and charger for my Canon camera with good results so thought I'd try this one. Initially, one of the batteries indicated it was charged when put on the charger but was in fact completely discharged. Left it on the charger overnight and it seems to be doing fine now. The Wasabi batteries seem to provide about the same time of use as the supplied Contour battery so that's good. Will update if any other issues come up or change.
on April 9, 2014
Good product... all batteries worked as they were supposed to. Had no issues with them. Now I have 2 back up batteries and can film comfortably without worrying about battery time.

I would recommend a light indicator to show when the battery is fully charged though... all it has is a light indicator that shows that the charger is connected, whether the battery is charging or not (it stays on all the time with or without battery). Seems lame... this could use improvement. Other than that, everything else is at par.