Your Garage Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation SnS

Size: 2 Batteries + Charger|Change

on February 25, 2013
One of the basic problems with the Sony RX-1 is the battery situation. By the battery situation I don't just mean the poor battery life, it's also the inconvenience of USB charging, and the lunacy of Sony making most USB chargers not work with the camera - the camera can't detect an active data line in order to allow charging - don't ask me why they did it that way, as it's absolutely crazy. The proprietary Sony charger doesn't have a data line, and some other chargers with also work with this, but any computer or laptop that is on supplies a data line, so if you try to plug your phone charger into the micro-USB port on the RX-1, it typically won't charge at all. It's one of the more infuriating pieces of design stupidity and it means that only the proprietary Sony charger will work even though the USB port is a standard USB micro connector. Additionally, one has to be concerned about the long term wear and tear on the port from endless plugging and unplugging. Plus, the stock Sony battery is absurdly overpriced, and runs out quickly, esp. if you are shooting lots of flash.

This neat charger with two additional batteries solves all of those problems because it allows you to have extra batteries and charge them outside the camera in a normal plug-in charger that Sony should have provided in the first place. Like I said, a great solution to problems that should never have been there in the first place if Sony had been paying attention. This set of issues probably applies to the Sony RX-100 as well as to the Sony RX-1.

Add to that that this has to be a best value (all of this for $16) and you get five stars, no question about it. Buy it if you have a Sony RX-1 or RX-100.
55 comments|114 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 14, 2012
I've seen past reviews on Wasabi products from others and seem as if they were happy with the purchase. I decided to try and see for myself and seeing it was very price competitive, I ordered the battery charger for the Sony Rx100. Since it also included 2 spare batteries, I started charging and it was done in no time. I needed the charger cause whenever I shoot, I usually take 200-300 shots and I want to be sure I have charged batteries on hand and even more important, I can use the camera while being charged. I also had a follow up call from Wasabi to see if I was satisfied.....hey, if a company calls up to ask about their service, be assured that they care about their products and customers.
11 comment|64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 3, 2014
I purchased the Wasabi Power battery 2 pack charger to compliment the Sony RX 100 & the RX100miii. The package arrived on time. There were no frills to the packaging, but everything looked neat and organized. In addition to the charger and two batteries, a decent quality car/boat adapter is included, allowing you to charge while driving. There is also a European plug adapter. The charger is lightweight, but does not feel cheap or poorly produced. The batteries appear to be be well constructed and fit the battery compartment in the same fashion as the Sony battery. The charger took more than an hour, but less than hours to charge a fully depleted battery, it also works with the Sony batteries. The Wasabi brand batteries seem to last as long or a bit longer than the Sony battery. As for reports where people complain the Wasabi batteries don't communicate how much power they have remaining, I don't think that is unique to their brand of batteries. The Sony power meter seems to often be "catch as catch can". I carry the Sony RX100 everywhere, (the best camera is the one you have with you, and while i love my iPhone camera it isn't enough for my tastes.) and I shoot 30 to 100 shots per week. Not a day goes by when I am not taking at least a few shots with it. I am also a user of the electronic viewfinder and the wireless function, I mention this as they are power intensive chores for the battery and I average a week and a half between charages. I say all of this because when I swap between the Sony battery and the Wasabi branded batteries I can tell no difference in the experience and I can't say that for every non manufacturer battery I've purchase in the past. This Wasabi battery deal is outstanding bang for the buck.
on November 23, 2015
I have two camera I use on a daily basis. I like to shoot in RAW which uses up a lot of battery very fast. I also do quite a bit of cold weather shooting which also chews up battery power very fast.

I did a search online and the reviews for the Wasabi Power Batter and Charger were almost 100% power. I placed my order and stated using them as soon as they arrived. They have stood up to months of daily use without a single problem.

The charger seems to finish faster than the other chargers I have which cost almost twice as much as these. The batteries also seem to last longer than the other rechargeable batteries I have.

I would recommend this product to anyone in the market for a rechargeable battery and charger.
on November 14, 2012
The 4 stars are for the batteries only, the charger, no problem.

On my camera, Sony DSC-R100, the batteries do not indicate the remaining charge left in the battery. Both batteries will show full charge until suddenly the Low Battery Indicator shows. I also used the 1600Mah rating batteries, but they also will not show the remaining charge. The stock Sony battery will show 3/4, 1/2 or 1/4 charge. I've only seem one other reference of the batteries doing this, so, it might just be my camera and not all cameras. The stock Sony battery, when removed from the camera, will show it has discharged by 1/4 charge when putting back in the camera and has not been used for about a week.

UPDATE: Found a post on a forum about the same thing I experienced about the battery not showing the amount of charge showing on the camera. The poster stated that the indicator on the camera would show full charge until after some use, the first bar would show (indicating 3/4 charge) that it was time to change the battery. Today, while shooting video, I watched more closely and sure enough after some use the first bar would go dark. After about 3 minutes later, the second bar went dark (indicating 1/2 charge) and then after about 2 minutes more, then the Low Battery Warning icon would show. So, when the battery indicator shows the first bar there is about 5 minutes left before the Low Battery Warning icon shows when shooting video anyway. I don't know how many stills can be shot in that 5 minutes.
22 comments|52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 9, 2012
I bought this kit to supplement my Sony HDR-AS15 power needs. Charging from AC outlet or via the car adapter allows you to continue using the camera without missing a shot. Battery life is identical if not more then the original Sony battery! The battery shape is identical to Sony & fits the camera perfectly! Standard shipping only took 2 days & the price can't be beat.
on January 30, 2015
While the batteries work fine to power my RX100, a fatal flaw is when they run of out power they will NOT allow the camera to retract the lens. This means you will have a camera with its lens open and no way of retracting the lens- unless you happen to be carrying the original Sony battery which shuts down the camera when it runs low on juice. Both the Wasabi batteries exhibit the same behavior, so it is a flaw at the point of production and should have been dealt with before they started selling this product.
44 comments|12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 15, 2012
Great price for an awesome battery. My order arrived very quickly with no issues. I love the charger since the RX-100 does not come with a separate charger. The battery life seems as good if not better then the stock Sony battery.
on June 13, 2013
I have now purchased the basic wasabi charger and battery pack for the last few cybershots. Sony has a knack for using an entirely different battery for each of their cameras (I wonder why!?). V-E-R-Y irritating. Anyway, forget that noise, Wasabi is right there for the right price. The batteries work as advertised and the charger works well. I haven't had a Wasabi fail yet.
on November 19, 2012
Wasabi Power Battery (2 Pack) and Charger for Sony NP-BX1 and Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX1, DSC-RX100, HDR-AS10, HDR-AS15

The Wasabi Power Battery Pack and Charger for my Sony Cyber-shot DSC-rX100 camera work perfectly. The battery charger is compact and has an adapter for European electrical outlets, making it ideal for international travel. The batteries seem to last at least as long as the Sony ones. The delivery from Blue Nook was very quick, arriving even before the camera did! I would definitely order other products from Blue Nook in the future.