5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit, seems to work just as well as brand-name
Saw good reviews and decided to go for it. It worked great in my Panasonic FZ200 and charger. I'm rotating it out with the battery included in the package and haven't noticed any difference between the two.
Published 21 months ago by M. Cohen

3.0 out of 5 stars Fine For Backup When In A Pinch
Published 17 months ago by JJG

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Fine For Backup When In A Pinch, April 9, 2013
This review is from: Wasabi Power Battery for Panasonic DMW-BLC12, DMW-BLC12E, DMW-BLC12PP and Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200, DMC-FZ1000, DMC-G5, DMC-G6, DMC-GH2 (Electronics)
Purchased this as a spare battery for my Panasonic G5. I've had it a little over 2 weeks and it clearly doesn't have the same capacity as the Panasonic DMW-BLC12PP battery that came with the G5. My best estimate is that the Wasabi battery lasts about 1/2 as long as the OEM battery. The lower capacity is less noticeable when shooting stills. Shooting 1080p/60fps videos however really sucks the juice out of the Wasabi battery. At 1/3 of the price of the Panasonic for 1/2 capacity it will be fine as a backup. If you are needing an extra battery with high capacity for a vacation or something else you will be better off spending the extra money to get the Panasonic.

Update 5/15/13:
Used both the Wasabi and the Panasonic OEM battery during a trip. Both batteries were fully charged and then used until they could no longer power the camera. With the Wasabi battery I shot 112 frames before it could no longer power the camera. The 112 frames were within a 24 hour period. With the Panasonic OEM battery I shot 185 frames before it could no longer power the camera. The 185 frames were within a 48 hour period. That being said the Wasabi battery has about 60% of the life of the OEM battery.

Some background info how I typically shoot with the G5 since neither number sounds like much. I use the screen for most of my shots. After taking a shot(s) I close the screen until the next shot(s). The camera set to go to sleep after 1 minute.

2.0 out of 5 stars Power drains quickly, December 13, 2012
Paul H. Yancey (Walla Walla, WA USA) - See all my reviews
I guess I should have expected this at such a low price--this battery's power (after full charge) only lasts about 1/4 as long as the real Panasonic one that came with the camera. BEWARE!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit, seems to work just as well as brand-name, December 18, 2012
M. Cohen (Irvine, CA United States) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Substitute for original, December 24, 2012
The Battery does the job although being a substitute the power level doesn't show up on the camera so I use it as an extra and it works fine for that. I got fast delivery and the price was very good.

2.0 out of 5 stars Usually had good luck with wasabi brand...Not with this one on G5, April 16, 2013
Purchased it for my DMC-G5...this battery is capable of delivering maybe 100 shots before "dying" while original that came with camera gives me well over 300
You be the judge if its worth the asking price. To me its crap.

5.0 out of 5 stars More than adequate as a backup battery, October 23, 2013
This battery is every bit as good as the Panasonic battery except for one thing... It does not give an accurate indication of the life left in it. It charges well in the Panasonic charger and it holds a good charge, so I have no reservations about using this as a second battery. It was very inexpensive when compared to Panasonic's price, so the minor inconvenience of not knowing exactly how much charge is remaining is not an issue for me. By contrast, the meter in my camera that shows the remaining life of the OEM Panasonic battery isn't all that accurate in the first place.

I own the Panasonic FZ200, which goes forever on one charge anyway... I can shoot for hours on one charge (500 shots, some of them flash) and not require back up. But when I do, I'll have this waiting in my camera bag. Then I go home and charge them both and go back out again the next day, the Panasonic battery in the camera and this one in my bag for back up. If I were going to buy another backup battery, I'd buy this one, not the Panasonic.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, January 8, 2013
Terry Becker (New River, Arizona United States) - See all my reviews
You always take a chance when buying batteries that are not OEM. Wasabi does a great job of insuring exact case dimensions for a proper fit. The voltage is correct and the run time until recharge meets that of the original Panasonic battery. Only time will reveal battery life but I am very pleased with the start.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wasabi, October 16, 2012
Best spare battery I have come across. I have bought three Wasabi batteries, two for my photo cameras and one for my video camera. They work great, never have any problem.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well, February 7, 2014
This works well as a replacement for Panasonic DMC-G5 battery. Batter life is a little shorter (?15-20%) but is not bad for a not original battery. And certainly much cheaper. Is usable for sure.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed .., September 1, 2013
We travel, rely on camera for detailed memories of our trips. Bought a pair of these with Lumix FZ-200, to back up stock battery when away from power lines. Not relying heavily (original battery with my previous FZ-20 still works fine), but nevertheless seriously disappointed. Used approx 15 cycles, low capacity but OK for maybe 100 shots. Then one became intermittent - cuts out entirely after a few shots, starts up again after recharge. So, failed even my low expectations, and now I'm shelling out for the Panasonic replacement.

Panasonic can see what's online - there's probably some reason they're marketing the stock battery at a ludicrous price. So, pick the Wasabi if you need an occasional backup for a few, missable shots. If you need something to rely on, look elsewhere.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›