Top positive review
131 of 131 people found this helpful
Great, simply great!
on March 28, 2011
I spent a fair amount of time searching for BCG-10PP batteries that are compatible with my new Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS7. In fact, I almost overlooked this item because I thought I had to buy an original Panasonic battery. It turns out that this Wasabi Power battery works perfectly in my Lumix ZS7. I don't know if it has the ID security but apparently it does, otherwise it shouldn't work in my camera.
Interesting things to note:
1. It is a 1200mAh 3.6V battery, as compared to the 895mAh 3.6V original Panasonic battery (DMW-BCG10PP). In my HD video testing, this recorded 1 hour 50 mins at 720p compared to 1 hour 45 mins with the original Panasonic battery. Since the recording occurred under different lighting conditions, I will test it out again under identical settings. Regardless, this battery performs as well, if not better, than the original.
2. It is slightly heavier than the original Panasonic, despite being of the same dimensions. This probably accounts for the higher power.
3. The charger is slightly bulkier than the Panasonic charger, probably due to the added feature of a car adapter.
4. The battery doesn't fit as snugly into the charger as with the original set, but so far it seems to be staying in place.
5. It seems to take longer to charge than the original battery+charger. Not a big deal considering the amazing price and quality of the batteries.
6. The original charger can be used on these Wasabi power batteries