on March 28, 2011
I spent a fair amount of time searching for BCG-10PP batteries that are compatible with my new Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS7. In fact, I almost overlooked this item because I thought I had to buy an original Panasonic battery. It turns out that this Wasabi Power battery works perfectly in my Lumix ZS7. I don't know if it has the ID security but apparently it does, otherwise it shouldn't work in my camera.

Interesting things to note:
1. It is a 1200mAh 3.6V battery, as compared to the 895mAh 3.6V original Panasonic battery (DMW-BCG10PP). In my HD video testing, this recorded 1 hour 50 mins at 720p compared to 1 hour 45 mins with the original Panasonic battery. Since the recording occurred under different lighting conditions, I will test it out again under identical settings. Regardless, this battery performs as well, if not better, than the original.
2. It is slightly heavier than the original Panasonic, despite being of the same dimensions. This probably accounts for the higher power.
3. The charger is slightly bulkier than the Panasonic charger, probably due to the added feature of a car adapter.
4. The battery doesn't fit as snugly into the charger as with the original set, but so far it seems to be staying in place.
5. It seems to take longer to charge than the original battery+charger. Not a big deal considering the amazing price and quality of the batteries.
6. The original charger can be used on these Wasabi power batteries
1111 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on August 3, 2011
These batteries seem to work just as well if not better than the original one. I use it on the Lumix ZS10 I recently purchased. It is great to have extra batteries on hand and not have to stress about the battery running out at just the wrong time. I like that the same charger works both for the wall and for the car. The wall plug folds up into the back, making it easily portable to fit into my bag. The charger also has a light indicator on it that tells you if it's still charging or is fully charged and ready to go.

The batteries come in little plastic covers. I wouldn't have cared about this except that I recently took a trip to Europe and the FAA specifically says for these types of batteries you need to have them in separate containers or baggies so the contacts aren't exposed to each other, so this would meet those needs.
on April 26, 2012
The batteries and charger were just as described. The charger is well designed and holds the battery just fine while it charges. Easy to use and made for the battery unlike many generic battery chargers. The batteries last as long or longer in my new ZS20 than the original battery. Getting two spare batteries and an AC charger at almost half the price of one Panasonic battery is clearly a good buy. Highly recommended.
on July 9, 2011
Wasabi Power Battery and Charger Kit for Panasonic DMC-ZS10 Purchased on 06/05/2011, arrived quickly, and they seem to work perfectly. They appear identical to the original battery, and the camera recognizes them as though they were original equipment. Long life for my camera.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Bought this accessory set along with Panasonic Zs-10 camera.
After several month of usage, and charging both original battery and the aftermarket it became rather clear.
These batteries doesn't have the life span nor capacity of holding the charge as the original.
The kit comes with two batteries and both of them has been outlived by the original on one and same charge.
I have been using the charger that came along with these batteries in order to have the correct charge.
Charger is getting extremely hot after half an hour, such to the degree I have been tempted to cancel the charging cycle.
Would I buy it again or recommend it to a friend? No!
on September 20, 2012
Like many other reviewers, I spent a lot time researching Amazon.com and other sites to determine the best alternatives for a battery/charger that would work properly in my new Panasonic DMC-ZS20 compact camera. I own several Panasonic cameras and have been lucky enough not to have any that prevent the use of non-Panasonic certified 3rd party batteries. The panasonic.jp support site lists about 20 cameras that have firmware downloads that can be installed and will prevent use of "non-approved" batteries. The site also states that there are NO 3rd party batteries certified to date, so if you purchase a 3rd party battery for cameras with the battery lock-out, you could be in trouble unless it has embedded circuitry that "spoofs" the camera firmware. Remember, as stated by Panasonic, this "feature" is for YOUR protection!!! (they say nothing about how reducing 3rd party competition will protect the obscene profits they make by selling their batteries at HUGE mark-ups).

Before buying a 3rd party battery, remember to check your Panasonic camera model and firmware version against the list at [...]. If your camera is listed and your firmware version isn't earlier than what is listed, you will probably have a problem. Even if you camera is not listed or you have an earlier firmware version, a problem as still possible because the list is probably not complete and previous updates could have contained the battery "fix" too.

Unfortunately most of the reviews I have seen that say certain batteries are OK do not include the camera's firmware version. I took the chance and ordered the Wasabi Power Battery and Charger kit and am happy to say the batteries work great in my ZS20 with firmware version 1.0. Version 1.1 was just released in September 2012 as a "hand-held night photo" mode fix, but my camera won't accept it as a necessary update, so I don't know if this version contains the battery "fix". The batteries are rated at 1200mAh compared to the Panasonic's (DMW-BCG10PP) approximately 900mAh - a 33% increase. I have not had time to determine if there really is a difference in capacity. The Wasabi batteries were received nearly fully charged, but topping off the charge on one with the external Wasabi charger and the other with the Panasonic supplied in-camera USB AC adapter took about the same amount of time. The Wasabi charger is rated at 500ma output and the Panasonic AC adapter for in-camera charging is rated at 800ma.

Both the batteries and charger appear to be well made with good external finish. The batteries are the same dimensions as the Panasonic original and fit the camera and charger properly. The batteries did not "swell" when fully charged (some cheap ones do!) and neither the batteries or charger became excessively hot by the end of charge. The batteries also came installed in simple plastic holders that protect the batteries from physical damage and cover the terminals to prevent accidental shorting when stored - this is a great feature. So far I'm well impressed with the quality/value of the Wasabi battery/charger kit, but only time will tell if they will provide their rated capacity and have a long operating life in my rather battery hungry Panasonic ZS20.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on August 17, 2011
I just bought the ZS-10 camera and read a lot about after-market batteries getting bounced by some Panasonic models. The Wasabi batteries work just fine even after upgrading the firmware to V1.2 so buy with confidence.
on August 7, 2011
I was reluctant to purchase because my Panasonic manual stated that non-Panasonic batteries would not work, but the price was so tempting. I went for it and it works (by the way my camera is the Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS10) perfect insurance for my daughter's graduation.
on April 21, 2012
I received the Battery Kit on time but had a problem with the AC charger not working. I had only 2 days to get a new charging unit or send the unit back because of leaving town for 2 weeks. I sent seller an Email an it took 2 days before they answered. They called me at home and went the extra mile to make sure I would receive a new unit overnight before I left town. Excellent customer service. The new AC charging unit works fine and the batteries were both fully charged. I would definitely recommend the Blue Nook company.
on January 15, 2012
This replacement battery is not the same as the original Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS3 battery !!!

The battery is larger than the original Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS3 battery in my camera.

Also, the battery only loosely fit in the battery charger and could easily fall out !

Please be forewarned that the battery sizes are NOT all the same for all these cameras listed.
So I had to return the unit and Amazon is saying it is my fault that I ordered the wrong item and I am responsible to pay for the shipping.

Even though their is false advertising saying the charger / battery is compatible with the DMC-ZS3.

Wasabi Power Battery and Charger Kit for Panasonic DMW-BCG10, DMW-BCG10E, DMW-BCG10PP and Lumix DMC-3D1, DMC-TZ6, DMC-TZ7, DMC-TZ8, DMC-TZ10, DMC-TZ18, DMC-TZ19, DMC-TZ20, DMC-ZR1, DMC-ZR3, DMC-ZS1, DMC-ZS3, DMC-ZS5, DMC-ZS6, DMC-ZS7, DMC-ZS8, DMC-ZS9, DMC-ZS10, DMC-ZX1, DMC-ZX3

So, now I have to figure out where to get a replacement charger and battery that will fit ?

Disgruntled... LA Guy
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...